Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dish network stops broadcasting Fox News and Fox Business

Dish network stops broadcasting Fox News and Fox Business

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...bscribers.html

excerpts:
    The network, part of Rupert Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox Inc., stopped airing in the homes 14 million Dish subscribers as of Dec. 21. The Fox Business Network also went dark after the two companies failed to negotiate new contract terms.

The Englewood, Colorado-based company said in a statement that Fox had cut off the two news networks in an effort to triple rates on sports and entertainment channels that aren’t a part of the contract up for renewal.

It’s like we’re about to close on a house and the realtor is trying to make us buy a new car as well,” Warren Schlichting, Dish’s senior vice president of programming, said in the statement. Dish regrets the effect of the disruption on consumers and is committed to reaching an agreement, he said.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They'll be back. We had a bunch of channels out last month during renegotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    They'll be back. We had a bunch of channels out last month during renegotiations.
    Amusing thought came to mind that in the interim the FOX bots will be at such a loss without FOX telling them what to think on the latest news cycle stories. Then I said wth am I thinking it is always the same response, blame brown people for foreign politics and black people for domestic politics. If the name sounds funny then you blame Islam regardless of story focus.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

good.. but sadly they will return.

Private property and capitalism is a bitch, I mean, double edge sword, isn't it?

So much for "all the media is owned by the same people" or "net neutrality guarantees free speech".

What now? Fox News fans beg for cable & satellite neutrality?
    pcosmar's lie : There are more votes than registered Voters..

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Private property and capitalism is a bitch, I mean, double edge sword, isn't it?

So much for "all the media is owned by the same people" or "net neutrality guarantees free speech".

Fox fans on Facebook squawking about free speech. Clearly they don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Fox fans on Facebook squawking about free speech. Clearly they don't get it.
    the same idiots who cried about Duck Dynasty being "censored"?

Though I understand the sentiment, having just leftist propagandized news is not what we want either.... when a person has two controlled sides, perhaps the wise can dissect the truth, somewhere in the middle. Without it - I feel we lose more converts... but that is just me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    Though I understand the sentiment, having just leftist propagandized news is not what we want either.... when a person has two controlled sides, perhaps the wise can dissect the truth, somewhere in the middle. Without it - I feel we lose more converts... but that is just me.
    LOL - Rupert Murdoch is an Obama voter.

This type of thing has been going on for years in my area with the local stations . It will likely be resolved .

Cable providers (like Dish Network) don't own or control the media. They're content providers. The MSM is in fact controlled by a mere handful of corporations like Newscorp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Cable providers (like Dish Network) don't own or control the media. They're content providers.
    I think you mean except for:

Time Warner (CNN, HBO, Cinemax, Cartoon Network, TNT, TBS, TCM, TruTV)
    Comcast (NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo, SyFy, Weather Channel, History, Military, A&E, Bio, Bravo, USA, Oxygen, Telemundo, Hallmark, Sundance, Hulu)
    Sky (FOX, FX, Speed, National Geographic, Sky, Hulu, and about a million foreign channels you've never heard of)

So that leaves ABC and CBS as the main news channels that aren't part of a company that also owns cable providers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

who are you talking about in terms of controlled 2 sides?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I think you mean except for:

Time Warner (CNN, HBO, Cinemax, Cartoon Network, TNT, TBS, TCM, TruTV)
    Comcast (NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo, SyFy, Weather Channel, History, Military, A&E, Bio, Bravo, USA, Oxygen, Telemundo, Hallmark, Sundance, Hulu)
    Sky (FOX, FX, Speed, National Geographic, Sky, Hulu, and about a million foreign channels you've never heard of)

So that leaves ABC and CBS as the main news channels that aren't part of a company that also owns cable providers.
    DirecTV
    COX

His point was that they don't directly own and run the news channels, but even if they don't they as content providers have enough power to stop channels from being distributed, and channel content creators can also, using their copyright, prevent providers from carrying their stuff.

it the terrists fault!
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Cut the cord. I have 40 HDTV OTA channels and an antenna DVR. Monthly cost $0. The DVR cost $300 about 4 yrs ago. The antenna was about $75, 8 years ago.

Internet is $20/month DSL. Videos stream A-OK.

Stop funding the enemies of liberty. Grow a pair.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Free Hornet View Post
    Cut the cord. I have 40 HDTV OTA channels and an antenna DVR. Monthly cost $0. The DVR cost $300 about 4 yrs ago. The antenna was about $75, 8 years ago.

Internet is $20/month DSL. Videos stream A-OK.

Stop funding the enemies of liberty. Grow a pair.
    Not including cspan, aljazeera and RT. congrats!

and about a million foreign channels you've never heard of
    Speak for yourself, and try hundreds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Free Hornet View Post
    FTW!

consider an upgrade so you can remotely re-aim the antenna.

Not including cspan, aljazeera and RT. congrats!
    FTW!

Fox Biz is a loss. The Independents and Stossol are the only widely available Libertarian shows. Cavuto and Dobbs lean our way too.

Pretty scummy of Murdoc to try for a 300% rate hike on sports. Not that I watch sports other than the occasional Olympics or soccer (football) but I like sports because stores are empty but open... OTOH, one library I like is next to a stadium and you can't find a parking place within a mile of it if they are playing.

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 12-22-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    LOL - Rupert Murdoch is an Obama voter.
    ... and that means what? Fox brought us Judge Nap... remember? And yes, they fired him... but the fact remains, imho, that Fox still offers a 'diff' view that CNN/MSNBC etc.. doesn't. Without it, there is no counterweight. Stossel, cavuto etc.. you'd never find them on left leaning 'news' outlets.

But hey, I am rabidly anti-progressive/leftists, so anything to offset that disease is good by me. If I had my druthers, all that garbage would be gone.. but it isn't.

I think even the offer of a false choice leads to the possibility of awakening... when you have everyone moving in lockstep, it is much harder to divert the attention.
    Last edited by Lord Xar; 12-22-2014 at 05:42 AM.

the same idiots who cried about Duck Dynasty being "censored"?
    Yep, one and the same. No small amount of crossover there. How predictable, eh?
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

...when you have everyone moving in lockstep, it is much harder to divert the attention.
    You do realize that FOX covers almost exactly the same topics as the other channels, right? You are only talking about the illusion of a difference.

FOX is the establishment's propaganda arm of the RNC. Same as MSNBC being the establishment's arm for the DNC. The RNC and DNC are not at odds except over who controls the power. Neither has any interest in returning power to the people. They do not "offset" each other - they complete each other.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Yep, one and the same. No small amount of crossover there. How predictable, eh?
    I'm for private property!!! Until somebody chose to use his private property to exclude me!

I bet these people are all for "Employer rights" until a boss says he won't hire Republicans and Christians too.

LOL, I have Dish and would've never even noticed they were gone if not for this thread. I don't believe this is about censorship, btw. Dish has done this to other channels in the past when renegotiating.

Bill O’Reilly and Megyn Kelly go to bat for millions shut out of Fox News

Over the last several months, Fox News and the Dish Network have been embroiled in a battle that has left millions of Fox fans out in the cold.
    Fox talent Bill O’Reilly and Megyn Kelly participated in an ad, urging viewers to drop the Dish Network, and bring Fox News back into their lives.
    The ad touts the network’s success of thirteen straight years as the number one rated cable news network, and urges their fans to send a message to the cable provider.
    According to several business outlets, Dish dropped the network due to Fox threatening to raise it’s fee to be shown on the network, not the perceived conservative bias prevalent in the recent attack ads to Dish.

Read more at http://rare.us/story/bill-oreilly-an...J3HCobd8oiw.99

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Blaze TV took its place...
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Six people are not the same people. They are six people. One, two, three, four, five, six. Six companies own the production of 98% of all media consumed by Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    LOL, I have Dish and would've never even noticed they were gone if not for this thread. I don't believe this is about censorship, btw. Dish has done this to other channels in the past when renegotiating.

Bill O’Reilly and Megyn Kelly go to bat for millions shut out of Fox News

Typical FoxNews truth twisting. From what I've read it was Fox that took the channels away from Dish because Dish didn't agree to the rate increase, not Dish dropping or "censoring" Fox news. If anybody is censoring them, it is Fox itself.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Six people are not the same people. They are six people. One, two, three, four, five, six. Six companies own the production of 98% of all media consumed by Americans.
    Wins Thread.

Expect each and every one of these six mega companies go out. Last month it was Turner. This month its Murdock / Fox / Faux.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Yeah, I don't miss Fox News.

Judge Jeanine Pirro on ISIS: "They're Coming For US!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast