Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my cousin, a cop, just quit his job

my cousin, a cop, just quit his job

im very glad to say that my cousin who has been a cop for 15yrs has just quit his job. he said the last straw was hearing of all the hate of policemen over the last few yrs and also the shooting of the cops in NY. he is really a good guy and i often wondered how he was able to stand doing that as a job for so long.

he stated he couldnt even walk into a store without wondering if he was going to be shot for no reason by anyone, and was also worried someone might target his wife and kids while he was away from home. he is now working a very hard job in the poultry business, but says that he feels safer and the stress is gone. also said all the corruption he saw over the years has took a toll on his mind. he quit the city force 5yrs ago due to corruption and went to the county.

i am proud he got out of that line of work. good for him

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome for your cousin. God bless.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

I hope he gives more than one of his former coworkers food for thought.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Good thing he quit but I've gotta wonder how many peaceful people he jailed in 15 years.........

Good for him.

Just think who will replace him...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Good thing he quit but I've gotta wonder how many peaceful people he jailed in 15 years.........
    Forgiveness should certainly follow repentance. Yes, I'm sure he did a lot of things you and I agree are awful. Praise God he isn't doing them anymore.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Good for him.

Just think who will replace him...
    Yeah.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Forgiveness should certainly follow repentance. Yes, I'm sure he did a lot of things you and I agree are awful. Praise God he isn't doing them anymore.
    It's not for me to forgive, he needs to worry about the once peaceful folks he locked up, took away their families. their way of life, that are just now getting out after 10-15 years....

Those folks just might not be as forgiving as you profess being......

Good for him.

I went to Truck Driving school and a classmate said he quit SWAT because he was freaked out by things he had seen on the job.

It's not for me to forgive, he needs to worry about the once peaceful folks he locked up, took away their families. their way of life, that are just now getting out after 10-15 years....

I understand that, I might not be either, but what do you honestly expect him to do about it?

I understand that, I might not be either, but what do you honestly expect him to do about it?
    Who?

Satch or his cousin?

Good news. Lets hope others follow his example.

-t

Who?

Satch or his cousin?
    His cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    im very glad to say that my cousin who has been a cop for 15yrs has just quit his job. he said the last straw was hearing of all the hate of policemen over the last few yrs and also the shooting of the cops in NY. he is really a good guy and i often wondered how he was able to stand doing that as a job for so long.

he stated he couldnt even walk into a store without wondering if he was going to be shot for no reason by anyone, and was also worried someone might target his wife and kids while he was away from home. he is now working a very hard job in the poultry business, but says that he feels safer and the stress is gone. also said all the corruption he saw over the years has took a toll on his mind. he quit the city force 5yrs ago due to corruption and went to the county.

The mindset they teach you to have will do that to your psyche. Being a cop really isn't that dangerous, but it's understandable that he would think that way. They teach you that you're constantly in danger from every interaction with a mundane, so it's no wonder he felt stressed and scared.

Now if only more people would just stop wanting to be cops.
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 12-21-2014 at 08:09 PM.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His cousin.
    If he has really changed his ways and honestly cares about the welfare of his family he'd be well advised to move far away and never speak of his past...

If even 1% of the ex-cons decide to seek retribution upon terminal diagnosis the the $#@!'s fixing to hit the fan, hell if 1/4 of 1% do that's still a significant number...

If he has really changed his ways and honestly cares about the welfare of his family he'd be well advised to move far away and never speak of his past...

If even 1% of the ex-cons decide to seek retribution upon terminal diagnosis the the $#@!'s fixing to hit the fan, hell if 1/4 of 1% do that's still a significant number...
    Fair point. The thing is, how many people actually remember what cop made an illegitimate arrest and decide to do something about it?

Never speaking about past would be fine. Speaking about it to warn others to avoid it would be better.

Fair point. The thing is, how many people actually remember what cop made an illegitimate arrest and decide to do something about it?

Never speaking about past would be fine. Speaking about it to warn others to avoid it would be better.
    Have 5-10-15 or more years taken from your life by putting you in a box with cross sections of society you'd never subject yourself to voluntarily and I'm betting even you would know the name and address of every government employee involved in your incarceration....

So what's the answer? No laws, mob justice, everyone for themselves, private security?
    Not to offend anyone here, I am just wondering what the correct answer is....

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    So what's the answer? No laws, mob justice, everyone for themselves, private security?
    An end to "qualified immunity".

"Term limits" for cops, or even better yet, volunteer cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

This is actually a really good intermediary step. If cops only got to spend a few years in "the force" and had to spend the rest of their lives living by the same rules as the rest of us, I think that would be a definitive improvemnet. Of course, just like politicians, cops would find a way around this more likely than not.

Yes, that makes perfect sense to me! Thanks.
    No unions either, and body cams on all interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    I don't think there are any easy answers but the cops on the beat today do not integrate with their community. At our old house there were two cops in the neighborhood, and neither of them allowed their kids to play with any of the other local kids. Where we are now is more rural, and when we were in the store the women working there mentioned that the town cops did not live in town, and did not frequent any of the businesses in town.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

dont assume tod. he didnt do that crap. thats one of the reasons he quit. he helped more than a few get out of jail after others arrested them for nothing. like i said he was a good guy. the only reason he stayed in for so long was to try and do the best HE could do. he tried changing things, to the point that most of his fellow officers hated him. they even took him from his home one night after he refused to not let the police chiefs best friend slide for beating his wife. his dad got a call from his wife about what happened and his dad, all 56yrs old of him, hunted them down and got his son back safe. hes been through some $#@! and now hes done. i can assure you he didnt put peaceful folks in jail.

Maybe you were speaking of cops in general?
    Last edited by satchelmcqueen; 12-21-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I don't think there are any easy answers but the cops on the beat today do not integrate with their community. At our old house there were two cops in the neighborhood, and neither of them allowed their kids to play with any of the other local kids. Where we are now is more rural, and when we were in the store the women working there mentioned that the town cops did not live in town, and did not frequent any of the businesses in town.
    I believe that in NC, the State Police are never assigned for duty in their home areas and are periodically moved about the State to avoid conflicts of interest. At least that's what I heard.
    Last edited by navy-vet; 12-21-2014 at 09:35 PM.

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
    Credit goes to Gunny and AF for digging up this quote.
    The OP's cousin should certainly be made aware of it. Perhaps the cousin should go VERY public with why he quit, and attempt to encourage as many others as possible to do the same. Please extend my congratulations.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post

God bless him. Nice that he also chose a noble and productive profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Definitely an old-fashioned tradition that deserves a comeback! My reading of cop history thus far tells me that what's now thought of as "police business" was handled mostly by regular folks with occasional help from a local sheriff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast