Thread: Rubio slams 'Obama-Paul' Cuba policy

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    if this becomes a wedge-issue and the isolationist wing wins, i'm dropping out of the republican party.

the only reason i'm still a pco is that my girlfriend likes Rand.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

love me some doug Stafford quips:
    Responding later, Paul senior adviser Doug Stafford said Rubio “was captain of the GOP cheerleading team for Obama’s arming of Syrian rebels, bombing Libya resulting in a jihadist wonderland and illegally giving foreign aid to Egypt’s military government. “

“The Rubio-Obama foreign policy has made the Middle East and North Africa less safe,” Stafford said.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Like a boss!!

-Virgil

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Like a boss!!
    Boom goes the dynamite.

Gosh, it would be fun to be part of Rand's communication team this week. Of course, if I was stuck having to deal with a continuous stream of neocon bullshite all the way until November 2016, I'd probably be looking for a hole to hide in. I'd be concerned prolonged exposure to that much concentrated stupid would start to kill off my brain cells.
    Last edited by Inkblots; 12-21-2014 at 04:07 PM.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Get some Rand!

Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Like a boss!!

-Virgil
    Yep!

The boss is the one out in front wearing sunglasses.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Its becoming clear that Rubio is becoming Bush's lap dog...

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Doug Stafford is probably one of the most brilliant men around.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Lol. My first thought was to say that Rubio is trying out for head neoconservative cheerleader.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

unfortunately the Fox news crowd is out in full force. I saw an interview with ed rollins saying that Rand can't win, he is fringe like his father with most mainstream republicans, that we don't need to grow but should rather become entrenched in the strong foreign policy republican stance and that. We will begin seeing the same crap coming soon thrown at Rand that was thrown at Ron.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

So can we count the ways in which Rubio's foreign policy is exactly like Obama's foreign policy? Both of them support undeclared wars, both supported the war in Libya, both support drone strikes all over the globe, both support foreign aid, both support humanitarian aid, both support 900 military bases around the world, both support U.S involvement in the UN, both support U.S involvement in NATO, both support spreading democracy around the globe, both support nation building, etc. Rand might agree with 10% of Obama's foreign policy. Rubio agrees with 90% of Obama's foreign policy.

I think this tool needs to be nipped in the bud.

Time to unleash #CruzBamaForeignPolicy?

Because nothing will shut up a partisan warhawk faster than finding out he agrees with Obama. And nothing will shut down Cruz faster than people finding out he's just a pale imitation of Obama.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-22-2014 at 12:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend1104 View Post
    unfortunately the Fox news crowd is out in full force. I saw an interview with ed rollins saying that Rand can't win, he is fringe like his father with most mainstream republicans, that we don't need to grow but should rather become entrenched in the strong foreign policy republican stance and that. We will begin seeing the same crap coming soon thrown at Rand that was thrown at Ron.
    These are the people that would love to run Romney again. They are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I think this tool needs to be nipped in the bud.

Time to unleash #CruzBamaForeignPolicy?

Because nothing will shut up a partisan warhawk faster than finding out he agrees with Obama. And nothing will shut down Cruz faster than people finding out he's just a pale imitation of Obama.
    Don't you mean Rubio?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Don't you mean Rubio?
    Most assuredly, but in reality it's Rand against them all. He's going to have an uphill battle once the fox news machine kicks in brainwashing the republicans out there that Rand can't win and he's a carbon copy of his father. Hopefully Rand's media/internet team can keep up and/or control the conversation.

IMO, if Rand is going to win, it's going to be largely due to the debates. Once the people get to hear him speak instead of fox news shaping his profile, or controlling the narrative it's going to paint a huge contrast to the BS they spew. It seems like since Jeb essentially through his hat in the ring, the network has essentially started paving the way for his nomination. And once again, they're going to play the same card as they have the last two election cycles that only X candidate can beat the democrat so we gotta vote for them. I Sure hope the republican party of Kentucky changes their primary to a caucus system. Two reasons, one to make sure Rand stays in Washington, and two, if changed to a caucus hopefully they can move it up right after Iowa/New Hampshire to get Rand on the board for sure.

Rand is a fighter and wants to win.

Just looking at the articles, it seems like Rand is going to have pretty much everyone harpooning him. He'll have Reason Magazine and few other places on his side, but he really is up against it. I don't have an account at the Daily Paul, but I looked at the Rand Paul section this weekend and he does not seem to be a fan favorite.

I am really wondering how he will pull the rabbit out of the hat. I think he should run. Ron Paul showed that good things happen when you put yourself out there with the message and make the effort, but I am not sure where his support will come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Just looking at the articles, it seems like Rand is going to have pretty much everyone harpooning him. He'll have Reason Magazine and few other places on his side, but he really is up against it. I don't have an account at the Daily Paul, but I looked at the Rand Paul section this weekend and he does not seem to be a fan favorite.

I am really wondering how he will pull the rabbit out of the hat. I think he should run. Ron Paul showed that good things happen when you put yourself out there with the message and make the effort, but I am not sure where his support will come from.
    There's reason for concern no doubt, but don't give up just yet. This is the first sight of how the establishment are going to try and railroad him. From what I see, they're going to use what's viewed as "liberal" policies against whenever he speaks up in favor of them weather it be the right position or not while at the same time they're going to use these fake teabaggers like Rubio, Cruz, and surprisingly maybe even Mike Lee to chip away his anti establishment support. It's still way earlier in the game and Rand just needs to recognize this and adjust. It's like a boxing much, or any kind of game that goes the distance. When they hit you with something knew you have to sit back and look at what they're doing and adjust what you're going to do to counter it. This was all timed around Bush's announcement and Rand attacking him over his education policy. They essentially covered up any negative news or scrutiny that Jeb may have received by hitting Rand with a flurry of punches that Rand really didn't have to be hit by. I think in the future Rand is going to have to be more careful of which battles he chooses to fight. I know this earns him a lot of respect from everyone else out there democrats included, but to the republican primary voter this might not be a good thing. They're trying to take the fight out of Rand. While he don't need to stop fighting, he just needs to choose which battles he does fight. Again it's all early, better to happen now than a year from now. Rand just needs to adjust, and maybe take a day or so on a controversial position before fighting it out in the public.

I just went to a town hall meeting where Senator Jerry Moran said that he agreed with Rand and supports lifting the Cuba embargo. He believes that it will be beneficial for wheat farmers in Kansas as well as the people of Cuba. That's big since Moran himself is more of an establishment type. He's the head of the NRSC.

No one said it was going to be easy, good thing Rand has no problem fighting back.

RNC 2016 is gonna be the battle of all battles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

I just went to a town hall meeting where Senator Jerry Moran said that he agreed with Rand and supports lifting the Cuba embargo. He believes that it will be beneficial for wheat farmers in Kansas as well as the people of Cuba. That's big since Moran himself is more of an establishment type. He's the head of the NRSC.
    I'd just like to reiterate how amazingly smart it was for Rand to pick this battle to fight against the neocons. Most of the commentary I've seen written over the last few days is either blasting Rand for "supporting Obama" or questioning why Rand thinks he'll benefit from this fight. And that's what makes it brilliant.

I already thought this was a worthwhile battle just from the poll numbers showing majority support for changing policy on Cuba. But now, with the Chamber of Commerce and the American Farm Bureau Federation both endorsing an end to the embargo, the party establishment will swing behind Rand. He'll look like the leader of the party, simply by anticipating where the big money was going to steer things and getting ahead of it. Meanwhile, the neocons are going to lose the party and seem to have no idea of their position. It's brilliant because they have already lost, but don't know it yet.

I can't help but think of "Fist of the North Star": the neocons don't know it yet, but they are already dead
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's a winning position, even within the GOP.

Rand just needs to stick to his guns....and keep hitting Marco until he stops moving.

Don't you mean Rubio?
    No, I don't, though rubiobama does scan better. Cruz is more likely to run against Rand, and more likely to appeal to maverick Republicans. I said what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    I'd just like to reiterate how amazingly smart it was for Rand to pick this battle to fight against the neocons. Most of the commentary I've seen written over the last few days is either blasting Rand for "supporting Obama" or questioning why Rand thinks he'll benefit from this fight. And that's what makes it brilliant.

I already thought this was a worthwhile battle just from the poll numbers showing majority support for changing policy on Cuba. But now, with the Chamber of Commerce and the American Farm Bureau Federation both endorsing an end to the embargo, the party establishment will swing behind Rand. He'll look like the leader of the party, simply by anticipating where the big money was going to steer things and getting ahead of it. Meanwhile, the neocons are going to lose the party and seem to have no idea of their position. It's brilliant because they have already lost, but don't know it yet.

I can't help but think of "Fist of the North Star": the neocons don't know it yet, but they are already dead
    lol, you thought of that, I thought of this. Not a way to pull the rabbit out of the hat? "Who the hell do you think we are?" haha

Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

I saw an interview with ed rollins saying that Rand can't win, he is fringe like his father
    Perhaps this segment?..

http://insider.foxnews.com/2014/08/2...r-hawk-clinton