Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Union: NYPD Now a "Wartime" police department....

Union: NYPD Now a "Wartime" police department....

Now it is.....

The New York Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, the NYPD's union, has issued this statement following the deaths of two police officers in an ambush:

"Starting IMMEDIATELY: At least two units are to respond to EVERY call, no matter the condition or severity, no matter what type of job is pending, or what the opinion of the patrol supervisor happens to be.

“IN ADDITION: Absolutely NO enforcement action in the form of arrests and or summonses is to be taken unless absolutely necessary and an individual MUST be placed under arrest.

“These are precautions that were taken in the 1970's when police officers were ambushed and executed on a regular basis.

“The mayor’s hands are literally dripping with our blood because of his words actions and policies and we have, for the first time in a number of years, become a ‘wartime’ police department. We will act accordingly.”
    Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Headline/nypd...#ixzz3MXh1C9br

They will act accordingly. Well, at least there is a silver lining....

Absolutely NO enforcement action in the form of arrests and or summonses is to be taken unless absolutely necessary

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The head of the state Policemen's Benevolent Association says the unchecked climate of "hatred" against police officers contributed to the shooting deaths of two New York cops Saturday.

"The attack on these officers is nothing less then an act of domestic terrorism spurred on by so much recent hatred aimed at officers everywhere," Patrick Colligan said in an emailed statement. "Our society stands safer because of the sacrifices officers make everyday, but the hatred that has grown over the past few weeks in this country has gone unchecked by many elected leaders. We all need to stand up, speak up, and oppose those who attack our law enforcement everywhere."

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...incart_m-rpt-2

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The head of the state Policemen's Benevolent Association says the unchecked climate of "hatred" against police officers contributed to the shooting deaths of two New York cops Saturday.

"The attack on these officers is nothing less then an act of domestic terrorism spurred on by so much recent hatred aimed at officers everywhere," Patrick Colligan said in an emailed statement. "Our society stands safer because of the sacrifices officers make everyday, but the hatred that has grown over the past few weeks in this country has gone unchecked by many elected leaders. We all need to stand up, speak up, and oppose those who attack our law enforcement everywhere."

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...incart_m-rpt-2
    there was no room left to point out that the hatred is because of the many abuses the nypd commit on a daily basis.... maybe next time.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    there was no room left to point out that the hatred is because of the many abuses the nypd commit on a daily basis.... maybe next time.
    I feel the overwhelming need to stand up, speak up and oppose your attack on law enforcement.

Police union leader Pat Lynch is telling officers to use “extreme discretion," in response to what he said was a lack of support from City Hall and Washington in the wake of last month's grand jury decision not to indict an officer in the death of Eric Garner.

“If we won’t get support when we do our jobs, if we’re going to get hurt for doing what’s right then we’re going to do it the way they want it," he said last Friday. "Let me be perfectly clear. We will use extreme discretion in every encounter.”

He also said, “Our friends, we’re courteous to them. Our enemies, extreme discretion. The rules are made by them to hurt you. Well now we’ll use those rules to protect us.”

At the same event, Lynch said Mayor Bill de Blasio acts more like the leader of "a $#@!ing revolution" than a city.

A spokesman for the P.B.A., Al O’Leary, said Lynch was not encouraging a work slowdown.

“He said to do the job right,” said O’Leary, who was in attendance for the meeting. “The message I got was do the job right, do the job according to the rules, which is good advice anytime.”

In the audio recording, Lynch urges officers to police the streets in a way that protects them from critics.

“There’s a book they make for us where if you carried it with you, you won’t need to go to the gym," Lynch said. "Every time there’s a problem, they tell us what we can’t do. They tell us what we shouldn’t do. But they never tell us what we can do. We’re going to take that book, their rules and we’re going to protect ourselves because they won’t. We will do it the way they want us to do it. We will do it with their stupid rules, even the ones that don’t work.”

Lynch also complained about members of "the United States Congress standing on the steps of the Capitol raising their hand as if police officers aren’t protecting their rights to do stupid $#@! like that," referring to a Dec. 11 demonstration in Washington.

Lynch also encouraged officers to sign an affidavit saying that in the event they’re killed in the line of duty, they do not want the mayor at their funeral or wake, a letter that has been criticized by the mayor, NYPD Commissioner and even Timothy Cardinal Dolan.

“If they’re not going to support us when we need ‘em, we’ll embarrass them when we can,” he said.

On the recording, Lynch also says of de Blasio, “He is not running the city of New York. He thinks he’s running a $#@!ing revolution.”
    http://www.capitalnewyork.com/articl...eme-discretion

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    “There’s a book they make for us where if you carried it with you, you won’t need to go to the gym," Lynch said. "Every time there’s a problem, they tell us what we can’t do. They tell us what we shouldn’t do. But they never tell us what we can do. We’re going to take that book, their rules and we’re going to protect ourselves because they won’t. We will do it the way they want us to do it. We will do it with their stupid rules, even the ones that don’t work.”
    Well, seems like the law of unintended consequence may have shifted in the peoples favor.

Now it is.....

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Headline/nypd...#ixzz3MXh1C9br

They will act accordingly. Well, at least there is a silver lining....
    I assume that means they won't be targeting victimless crimes? What a relief. That'll show 'em.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

um
    isnt
    that

treason
    ?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Non-police die and we are told to get over it, police die and it is a national crisis for which they will now acknowledge they are at war with their employers. Screw them...yeah, go ahead add that to your nifty profile of me jerks. And are we supposed to feel sorry for them having to play by the rules? Try being a citizen targeted by a police thug and not having immunity from the enormous rule book for citizens that will get you tazed, caged, and/or murdered. Cry me a river officers. I am playing my little violen for you. Easy solution if you don't want to be the "victim" of public contempt or hatred, QUIT!!!
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    Try being a citizen targeted by a police thug and not having immunity from the enormous rule book for citizens that will get you tazed, caged, and/or murdered.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    um
    isnt
    that

treason
    ?
    Unexpressed seditious thoughts do not constitute treason, even if those thoughts contemplate a bloody revolution or coup. Nor does the public expression of subversive opinions, including vehement criticism of the government and its policies, constitute treason. The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right of all Americans to advocate the violent overthrow of their government unless such advocacy is directed toward inciting imminent lawless action and is likely to produce it (Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 U.S. 444, 89 S. Ct. 1827, 23 L. Ed. 2d 430 [1969]). On the other hand, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the distribution of leaflets protesting the draft during World War I was not constitutionally protected speech (schenck v. united states, 249 U.S. 47, 39 S. Ct. 247, 63 L. Ed. 470 [1919]).
    http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/treason

Seems like he is walking a fine line. He is calling for them to use the rule book to embarass the government, while saying they are declaring themselves a wartime police department. If the officers are incited by this to act in a manner that is not legal and the fact that the beef seems to be directed at the establishment (mayor) and that the citizen population is going to be used (targeted)( through war tactics?) to change government, well, with the way legal accountability goes down in regards to officers nowadays, likely the only people screwed are citizens who will be pawns in the chess game between two over inflated egos who feast at the trough and will use the public coffers to fund their war.
    Last edited by moostraks; 12-21-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

This.

Somebody should email that pic to that cry baby Lynch...

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

“The mayor’s hands are literally dripping with our blood because of his words actions and policies and we have, for the first time in a number of years, become a ‘wartime’ police department. We will act accordingly.”
    A backwards admission about the militarization of police forces in this country, where mere criticism of their abusive engagement of suspects over non-violent/non-victim offenses, is now treated as an act of war.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

This is hogwash multiplied—the people had NEVER consented to your agency's senseless and relentless beating of them, searching of them, belittling of them, harassing of them, spying upon them, stealing from them, or shooting of them—and certainly let us not focus on the causation of their anger against the likes of you, but only their angry words and actions; such single-mindedness (and certainly no surprise there), schlemiel:

"The attack on these officers is nothing less then an act of domestic terrorism spurred on by so much recent hatred aimed at officers everywhere," Patrick Colligan said in an emailed statement.
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, —That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

well Lynch..i always get paranoid too when i'm surrounded...

put your hands up $#@!.

hours after two New York City police officers were assassinated, allegedly in an act of retaliation against police brutality, authorities in Florida say that a similar killing has just happened there...

While the police claim that this was an “assassination,” some are suggesting that they are trying to incite fear, riding the paranoia surrounding the New York killings.
    http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/1...ice-killings/#

Heads up...now some of the FB rants are starting to make sense on the recent police brutality cases. Self fulfilling prophecy it seems. Cui Bono?

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    2 dead cops is hardly a war.

But how would RPF feel if somebody walked up and executed two RPF members eating lunch?

You'd all be screaming for war and blood too I expect.

Seems like a normal human reaction to me, despite 2 dead cops being statistically irrelevant.

This has become an increasing problem in the internet 24/7 media age. You can get a huge group of people worked up over something that is a statistical anomaly. Both sides of this cop vs. cop haters are guilty of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    2 dead cops is hardly a war.

But how would RPF feel if somebody walked up and executed two RPF members eating lunch?

You'd all be screaming for war and blood too I expect.

Seems like a normal human reaction to me, despite 2 dead cops being statistically irrelevant.

This has become an increasing problem in the internet 24/7 media age. You can get a huge group of people worked up over something that is a statistical anomaly. Both sides of this cop vs. cop haters are guilty of it.

humans get killed every day, by all kinds of means. Why is a cop getting killed any different than a citizen getting killed?....

i look at it as the price you pay for getting the privilege of being born into this existance.

this 'executed' mantra is silly, at best.

A RPF member getting executed?....depends on who it is....
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 12-21-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Much differently than if a cop executed two RPF members eating lunch and then not being indicted for it because of authoritarianism/state collusion.

Much differently than if a cop executed two RPF members eating lunch and then not being indicted for it because of authoritarianism/state collusion.
    But I didn't say a cop. What if some random person with a grievance did it. I suspect you all would want blood.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    humans get killed every day, by all kinds of means. Why is a cop getting killed any different than a citizen getting killed?....
    It isn't.

But I didn't say a cop. What if some random person with a grievance did it. I suspect you all would want blood.
    I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want the blood of random people because of a random person.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I wonder if this means the NYPD won't have time to stop and frisk people illegally.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

maybe the NYPD should look out for itself and not enforce unjust laws, if they're still afraid then quit

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “IN ADDITION: Absolutely NO enforcement action in the form of arrests and or summonses is to be taken unless absolutely necessary and an individual MUST be placed under arrest.
    We will do it with their stupid rules, even the ones that don’t work.
    Ya, ha! We'll see how THEY like it when our officers stop arresting people unnecessarily. That'll show them!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Let's stand together and peacefully stop funding this government before this gets worse.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

$$$$$$! Could have more of an impact than protesting!

WTF? Don't you all see what this means?!

Absolutely NO enforcement action in the form of arrests and/or summonses is to be taken unless absolutely necessary and an individual MUST be placed under arrest. http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/nypd...#ixzz3MXh1C9br

You can go ahead and sell your untaxed cigarettes! Bootleg merchandise! Any other contraband!
    Go ahead and smoke anywhere you want - in the streets, in the park, in the bar!!!
    Do hundreds of different things without getting a permit!
    No parking tickets!
    No pre-crimes!
    Don't you all know how many petty and bizarre laws exist in New York City?!

The elected and appointed tax-pigs DEPEND on revenue collected through the enforcement of their arbitrary laws. It's what enables them to maintain the lifestyles they are accustomed to, and run the city according to their warped plans.

THEY are the ones who write the laws to be enforced (not just what gets taxed or regulated)!
    THEY determine what kind of person qualifies to be a cop and who is disqualified!
    THEY determine when and why a cop should be fired!
    THEY choose which cops are put in charge - to give out the orders the others are supposed to carry out.

Currently, the only thing these people care about in a police department is the "diversity" of the force, and the "disparate impact" that results if they were to hire only the highest scoring, most emotionally-stable applicants. It's been entirely about politics!

If this guy means what he's saying, victimless-crime laws will remain unenforced!

This means millions, most likely BILLIONS of dollars, which NYC's ruling class will not get their hands on!
    Meanwhile, life will be easier for ordinary people, and the taste of freedom they will experience will show them what they've been missing!
    Last edited by Valli6; 12-21-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Soooo...returning fire works?

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    WTF? Don't you all see what this means?!

You can go ahead and sell your untaxed cigarettes! Bootleg merchandise! Any other contraband!
    Go ahead and smoke anywhere you want - in the streets, in the park, in the bar!!!
    Do hundreds of different things without getting a permit!
    No parking tickets!
    No pre-crimes!
    Don't you all know how many petty and bizarre laws exist in New York City?!

The elected and appointed tax-pigs DEPEND on revenue collected through the enforcement of their arbitrary laws. It's what enables them to maintain the lifestyles they are accustomed to, and run the city according to their warped plans.

THEY are the ones who write the laws to be enforced (not just what gets taxed or regulated)!
    THEY determine what kind of person qualifies to be a cop and who is disqualified!
    THEY determine when and why a cop should be fired!
    THEY choose which cops are put in charge - to give out the orders the others are supposed to carry out.

Currently, the only thing these people care about in a police department is the "diversity" of the force, and the "disparate impact" that results if they were to hire only the highest scoring, most emotionally-stable applicants. It's been entirely about politics!

If this guy means what he's saying, victimless-crime laws will remain unenforced!

This means millions, most likely BILLIONS of dollars, which NYC's ruling class will not get their hands on!
    Meanwhile, life will be easier for ordinary people, and the taste of freedom they will experience will show them what they've been missing!

I asked this in another thread:
    So, 1 thousand out of 316 million?

While regrettable, you probably shouldn't use that statistic to advance your cause.

How many of those are suicide by cop or darwin by cop? Subtract those from your total.

You are more likely to die from an infected toenail...
    Very true, and you are ten times more likely to be killed by cop than a terrorist.

That didn't stop Theme from turning our nation inside out and into a prison state in the name of "fightin' terruh"

So, tell me, to your mind, what is an unacceptable number?

10,000?

How high should it go before you get upset enough to do something? To admit that there is a deadly serious problem afoot?

Look, there are already more people in prison in the US than any other place in the world.

80,000 plus SWAT raids every year and climbing.

A dead dog killed by cops every 98 minutes.

Billions every year in "asset forfeitures".

So even if it is nothing more than writing SWLODs and raising hell at local police commission meetings, what's your level of "high piss off"?

Of "this, and no more"?

Banned

Blog Entries
    This.

How much you wanna bet a copy of the constitution and bill of rights is NOT in that giant stack of rules?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast