Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 NYPD Cops Shot in Squad Car in Bed Stuy

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    In before DFF and 69360 start saying that the victims deserved to die because they were "thugs". Oh, wait...
    I did not give invisible + rep for this post.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    1). Don't work in an area where crime and violence are common. Simple. If economic events require you to work there, work as much as you can (you can get by on 4 hours of sleep) and make enough money that you can go work in a normal neighborhood where the Ghetto bird and sirens are a rare event not an hourly thing.

2). To facilitate #1, make as much money as you can. Yes...strive. Yes...focus on THIS world. Yes, go get a motherfreaking real job! Work your ass off. Watch what happens then. When you get a good paying job, you don't have to work with rats. When you don't have to work with rats, you have a nice home in a nice 'hood. When you have a nice home in a nice 'hood, your wife will love you more, and you won't care about thugs with guns.

3). Finally and perhaps most importantly, don't be a cop that gets you on a thugs radar in the first place. And when you read some article about some poor dudley-do-right getting victimized by those "evil thugs", read between the lines and then consider the source as well.

So there it is. The formula for defending against getting popped by a thug.

1.Get a job. A real one.
    2.Make money
    3.Get a nice home where police activity is not needed
    4.Make more money
    5.Find a nice girl
    6.Marry her and have lots of cool kids that will also make money
    Masterful, using one's own arguement against them at the most opportune time, demonstrates the absurdity of the original premise.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Okay. You should care. Last time cops got killed in revenge for police brutality cops went on a crazed manhunt and started shooting up vehicles that didn't match their suspect and occupied by people that looked nothing like the suspect.

Understood. But... anyone going to tell me I should care becuase I have a moral obligation to care when people are murdered?
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    I'm pretty sure the fella who pulled the trigger is 100% at fault.
    + rep. Why is the blame always deflected. Especially when cops murder.
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

Peace.

“They Take 1 of Ours, Let’s Take 2 of Theirs” New York Man Executes Two Cops in Revenge Attack

New York, N.Y. – Two NYPD cops are dead after what has been labeled as an “execution style” attack, while sitting in their patrol car in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn.

According to the New York Post, the officers were working overtime as part of a anti-terrorism drill when they were approached by a single gunman who shot the officers at point blank range on the corner of Myrtle and Tompkins avenues.

The gunman was a fugitive who had just murdered his girlfriend in Baltimore Saturday morning, sources told The Post.

“The perp came out of the houses, walked up behind the car and lit them up,” a high-ranking police official told the NY Daily News.

The motive for the attack seems to be retaliation for the continued police killings taking place across America.

The alleged shooter, who has been identified as Ismaaiyl Abdullah Brinsley, 28, posted this on his instagram just prior to the shootings,

i’m putting wings on pigs today. they take 1 of ours…… let’s take 2 of theirs #shootthepolice #riperivgardner #ripmikebrown this may be my final post i’m putting pigs in a blanket”

As we have seen recently with the alleged attack by Eric Frein against police, people are reaching their breaking point in regards to being abused by the omnipotent police state.

According to law enforcement sources, the gunman started “pumping bullets” into the police cruiser.

Here is another post by the alleged gunman to instigram after the shooting, showing what appears to be blood, possibly of the cops, on his pants, with a quote saying,

“never had a hot gun on your waist and blood on your shoe……. nigga you ain’t been through what i been through you not like me and i’m not like you. #brooklyngohard #coneyisland

The suspected triggerman fled to a nearby subway station at Myrtle and Willoughby after the shooting, where he received a fatal self inflicted gunshot.

An investigator said, “They engaged the guy and he did himself.”

A video after the incident was posted to facebook and at the 8 second mark in the video you can hear a gunshot, most likely the gunman committing suicide.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/2-n...bz2zgub6rrs.99

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Blowback... Check the CIA definition...
    maybe staged blowback ?
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I've been trying to figure out what a Bed Stuy is but still don't have a clue.
    It's near the Flushing Avenue train stop. Families live there. Kids go to school there. There are two top-flight charter schools there that are setting new benchmarks for poor and minority kids. The police are a welcome presence to families who live there. I have personally observed it.

I think you should care a lot about this. Libertarians, of all people, should stop believing the mainstream media. The reason there is a black market for cigarettes is because of the exhorbitant taxes in New York--particularly in NYC. The way to change the system is not to seek revenge because of what a few people do. The way to change the system is to change the system.

Libertarians should be about the individual. If one person does wrong, there should be justice. There is no reason to paint everyone with a broad brush and indict a group. Let justice be served on the individual who does wrong. Liberty thinkers do not think everyone is the same.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    I think you should care a lot about this.
    Did I say I didn't care?

I was just trying to figure out who was in bed with Stuy.

Bed Stuy is a poorer community in Brooklyn where people, minorities in particular, are abused by police quite routinely. I have never been there but the reputation of Bed Stuy is well known.

I seriously doubt much of anyone welcomes the presence of police officers there (of all places), most of whom certainly don't live within the communities they are patrolling.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Liberty thinkers should care any time a person suffers harm at the hands of another person. People who commit crime get due process and a sentence. Neither police or civilians are all of that process.

In this case, you have a city--New York City--that thinks it should control everything the citizens do. The mayor is a horrible man, and he is aided and abetted by unions. They are destroying what little way of life still exists there. The only way to change the system is to change the system. Change the people who are part of the system. Change the way they do business. This mayor is very capricious. He is there to help his friends and harm his enemies, and he really does not care who is caught in the crossfire. He will sacrifice the future of little kids if he can put down a political foe.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    Liberty thinkers should care any time a person suffers harm at the hands of another person. People who commit crime get due process and a sentence. Neither police or civilians are all of that process.
    Guess I'm just not focused enough on "liberty" then because this sure seems like fighting back to me............

As for due-process............HA! I haven't seen anything that resembles due process afforded anyone I've known in over 5 decades..

I was standing in the combat zone
    I walked through Bedford Stuy alone
    Even road my motorcycle in the rain

And you told me not to drive
    But I made it home alive
    So you said that only proves that I'm insane.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Guess I'm just not focused enough on "liberty" then because this sure seems like fighting back to me............
    BOLSHEVIK.
    REPORTED.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Looks like next years NYPD crime statistics just got bumped up a notch.

The perpetrators will be the same though, which year after year, is something that never changes.
    Last edited by DFF; 12-20-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Very sad news. One can only hope the cycle of violence will end here.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I don't mean to sound heartless by saying "who cares" but why post this? Criminals commit crimes. Why is this a shock? And, the NYPD victimizes people all the time. I am not saying this is acceptable behavior, but I don't see why this is worth discussing here.

And yes, I realize that I made a discussion post asking why we're discussing. I guess that shows how addicted to the internet I've become I'm not as bothered by the OP as I probably should be. No, I'm not "OK" with it. But I kind of feel indifferent and cold. Which is probably wrong. I guess I kind of feel like Ron Paul felt when Chris Kyle died. "Live by the sword, die by the sword" and so forth. And yes, I'd definitely feel differently were I to know the victim personally. But as a completely generic "two cops shot" its a mixture of indifference and a feeling that I really shouldn't be indifferent.
    The shooting was clearly a response to the deaths of Eric Garner and Mike Brown. Right now, it's real criminals that are killing cops, but in the future it might be petty criminals who are sick of being screwed by the system and treated like scum by the police.

We can only have true change when enough people are scared to be cops because of how much they're hated for their fascist ways. This can only happen when people recognize that there is no justice for people killed by the police and they start dealing out their own justice.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Very sad news. One can only hope the cycle of violence will end here.
    The odds of this happening are about the same as scoring a unicorn next time we go on a deer hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    The shooting was clearly a response to the deaths of Eric Garner and Mike Brown. Right now, it's real criminals that are killing cops, but in the future it might be petty criminals who are sick of being screwed by the system and treated like scum by the police.

We can only have true change when enough people are scared to be cops because of how much they're hated for their fascist ways. This can only happen when people recognize that there is no justice for people killed by the police and they start dealing out their own justice.
    This is probably true. I'm not yet sure if vigilante justice can be MORAL, but its almost certainly necessary.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, the general consensus appears to be that the police officers did this to themselves.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    This is probably true. I'm not yet sure if vigilante justice can be MORAL, but its almost certainly necessary.
    The "Just-Us" system they would like everyone to defer to isn't moral........

Simple logic says that a person either tolerates the abuse or retaliates.

Their courts will never be a place to seek justice for their wrongdoings...

"Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    So, the general consensus appears to be that the police officers did this to themselves.
    I'm not going to go that far, although it would certainly be the logical conclusion of their own rhetoric.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    The "Just-Us" system they would like everyone to defer to isn't moral........

Simple logic says that a person either tolerates the abuse or retaliates.

Their courts will never be a place to seek justice for their wrongdoings...
    What did Jesus do?

Who did Paul say vengeance belongs to?

I don't have the answers here. I definitely believe it can get to a point where physically fighting back is the only way to stop tyranny. I also think physically fighting a democracy is kind of doomed to fail.

Speak for yourself, you don’t speak for me.

Peace.

That's not the way I see it.

They were just sitting there and were murdered by someone who didn't even care about his own life. A loser.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedford...sant,_Brooklyn

The neighborhood's name is a combination of the names of the Village of Bedford and Stuyvesant Heights neighborhoods. The name Stuyvesant derives from Peter Stuyvesant, the last governor of the colony of New Netherland.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    1). Don't work in an area where crime and violence are common. Simple. If economic events require you to work there, work as much as you can (you can get by on 4 hours of sleep) and make enough money that you can go work in a normal neighborhood where the Ghetto bird and sirens are a rare event not an hourly thing.

2). To facilitate #1, make as much money as you can. Yes...strive. Yes...focus on THIS world. Yes, go get a motherfreaking real job! Work your ass off. Watch what happens then. When you get a good paying job, you don't have to work with rats. When you don't have to work with rats, you have a nice home in a nice 'hood. When you have a nice home in a nice 'hood, your wife will love you more, and you won't care about thugs with guns.

3). Finally and perhaps most importantly, don't be a cop that gets you on a thugs radar in the first place. And when you read some article about some poor dudley-do-right getting victimized by those "evil thugs", read between the lines and then consider the source as well.

So there it is. The formula for defending against getting popped by a thug.

1.Get a job. A real one.
    2.Make money
    3.Get a nice home where police activity is not needed
    4.Make more money
    5.Find a nice girl
    6.Marry her and have lots of cool kids that will also make money
    Why would anyone do that when they can live off easy welfare (faked disability, EBT, etc)? Men are obsolete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post
    This is the end result of the mainstream media manipulating people into falsely believing Mike Brown was innocent and was in fact a victim. Now unfortunately two officers are dead who had absolutely nothing to do with Brown. What a preventable tragedy which is 100% the mainstream media's fault.
    It's also the fault of the gunman.

He is the one who CHOSE to kill two innocent individuals.

He is the creep who made that choice. He didn't have to, but he did.

I don't buy into feeling any sympathy for such moral BS.

I see more far more corruption in the US legislative process than in the police force. Not saying that both don't exist. Just my view.

The important thing is that the officers keep laughing and enjoying their T-Shirts, and not worry about prosecuting police crimes.
    Laugh it up boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

At least somebody had the balls to answer back.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Quote Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
    It's also the fault of the gunman.

He is the one who CHOSE to kill two innocent individuals.

He is the creep who made that choice. He didn't have to, but he did.

I don't buy into feeling any sympathy for such moral BS.

I see more far more corruption in the US legislative process than in the police force. Not saying that both don't exist. Just my view.
    See, this is part of why I'm indifferent. They weren't "innocent individuals". Its not like the gunman went out and shot some child somewhere. These were police officers. Violent criminals. Tell society what, they stop peddling this crap, and I'll start caring. I don't want cops getting killed. Quite the opposite. But they aren't innocent. Even by the limited standard of NAP.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast