Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 NYPD Cops Shot in Squad Car in Bed Stuy

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Where oh where is Gunny, with that wonderful quote from the guy in stalinist Russia saying how he regrets not doing more, and that their police state could have been thrown off if only the people had had the guts to fight back. That quote belongs here, front and center!
    I have no where near the stature of Gunny, but here's what you're looking for.

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Vote HARDER! It has been proven to work....
    I don't think I said anything about voting. It's a very small part of the process. There are many tools at our disposal. Local media is very helpful. It also helps that I am a fat little grandma in the middle of a very large minority district in the middle of the capitol city. My state rep did something I didn't like, so I politely called and asked for an appointment.

Representative Briley did not even know my neighborhood was in his district. I whipped out my voter registration card and tossed it on his desk. Then I kind of sucker punched him with a friendly question and then asked him about the issue on my mind. I pulled out my notepad and asked if he minded if I took notes. He gave some sort of mealy mouthed answer. I said, "Do you really think anyone buys that?" When I got home I fired off an email to a lobby group I follow and followed up with a letter to the editor and a few other things.

Well, a few weeks later it became kind of a non issue when Briley was arrested for DUI. Dash cam in that case went viral and Briley decided not to run for reelection.

That's why I keep saying people need to get out and put a face on their opinion. Go talk to city councils and state representatives. Push away from YouTube and blogs and go talk to people who are in office.

If you think your local police are not protecting and serving your community the way they ought to, then go see the mayor. Ask for a spot on the city council agenda. Be up close and personal, and stop being a blob of people. Be an articulate individual who explains the issue clearly. Take your phone. Post the video. Get the word out there that your community is in need of change and find people to help you. Clearly a lot of people here think our police department is awesome. They aren't as great as people think but I have never had a negative experience with them. People in my community would not necessarily agree.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
    Yes, that's exactly it, TY! Needs to be bolded and the type size upped another point, though.

"you must spread some reputation around", etc, etc.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Oh, just by the way, that is precisely what I am trying to do, among other things.

Of course, some folks don't see a problem, so it is very hard to get them engaged.

Well good. Be out there and be personal. I think TV viewers are way more interested in one rational individiual than they are with a mob. That's my experience, anyway. Overt brutality is not so much an issue here. It's what I consider to be underreported sexual shenanigans that seem to be happening here. It is very hard to do that research, though, because they keep it well hidden. The media here can be complicit. With so many celebrities, the media protects their favorites, and if they want access to police, they have to play nice.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post
    Shooter is not at all likely to go to prison, since he is dead.
    My bad. Cowardly way out.
    #NashvilleStrong

Sounds like blowback to me. If you become part of the biggest criminal organization with seemingly boundless means to assert authority over the populace with government backing, while gaining the privilege to evade the criminal charges your average mundane would get stricken down with, this is going to be the end result when the oppressed have had enough. The police routinely use violent means to incarcerate people over petty offences and can evade charges by citing they had a reasonable fear for their lives after shooting down unarmed citizens in cold blood. They are the privileged authoritative class set to enforce social control. A police officer being taken down is akin to a slave killing his master to a lesser extent (not all cops are aware of their oppressive role). While the loss of life, even that of a police officer, isn't something I take pleasure in based on my personal morals, it is an understandable consequence with the way the system is rigged against minorities/the poor.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    Sounds like blowback to me. If you become part of the biggest criminal organization with seemingly boundless means to assert authority over the populace with government backing, while gaining the privilege to evade the criminal charges your average mundane would get stricken down with, this is going to be the end result when the oppressed have had enough. The police routinely use violent means to incarcerate people over petty offences and can evade charges by citing they had a reasonable fear for their lives after shooting down unarmed citizens in cold blood. They are the privileged authoritative class set to enforce social control. A police officer being taken down is akin to a slave killing his master to a lesser extent (not all cops are aware of their oppressive role). While the loss of life, even that of a police officer, isn't something I take pleasure in based on my personal morals, it is an understandable consequence with the way the system is rigged against minorities/the poor.
    The bold is a key component of my position on this and is ignored by many people.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    The bold is a key component of my position on this and is ignored by many people.
    They're aware.

They self justify.

My view is this:

If you're going into law enforcement because you want to help your community and lock up murderers, rapists, robbers, child molesters, and assaulters...you're right for the job.

If you're going into law enforcement because having a gun, a badge, and immunity to do nearly anything you want gives you a hard-on...maybe you need to look for another job.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    My view is this:

If you're going into law enforcement because you want to help your community and lock up murderers, rapists, robbers, child molesters, and assaulters...you're right for the job.

If you're going into law enforcement because having a gun, a badge, and immunity to do nearly anything you want gives you a hard-on...maybe you need to look for another job.
    Can one man turn into the other? Power does corrupt. My personal view is that the power is a bigger issue than the individual. Take away their qualified immunity, and their legal support. Hold them accountable, and I bet many police will sprout a conscience over night.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Speak for yourself, you don’t speak for me.
    I don't speak for anyone. I simply read what's written and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    See, this is part of why I'm indifferent. They weren't "innocent individuals". Its not like the gunman went out and shot some child somewhere. These were police officers. Violent criminals. Tell society what, they stop peddling this crap, and I'll start caring. I don't want cops getting killed. Quite the opposite. But they aren't innocent. Even by the limited standard of NAP.
    Politicians are just as violent as cops. If someone murdered Ron Paul, would you be 'indifferent'? What about Rand?

Voters who elect those politicians are also guilty parties. Still 'indifferent'?
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Can one man turn into the other? Power does corrupt. My personal view is that the power is a bigger issue than the individual. Take away their qualified immunity, and their legal support. Hold them accountable, and I bet many police will sprout a conscience over night.
    I think states should also look into creating a police offenders registry. It would work in the same manner as a sex offender registry, except it would be for police brutality and police misconduct instead of sex crimes.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Remember this?

http://warisacrime.org/content/bloom...est-army-world

“I have my own army in the NYPD, which is the seventh biggest army in the world,” Bloomberg said, according to the New York Observer.

How much longer though before the army turns against it's master? The current mayor, liberal fruitcake extraordinaire Bill De Blasio (he changed his last name to sound more Italian, look it up), is banned from attending funerals from NYPD officers because of thug-coddling statements he made condemning the police department. Cops are the hammer of the establishment, and serve the elite interests, but make no mistake, they have no love for these guys. So in this respect we have something in common. Strange bed fellows we could be one day....
    Last edited by DFF; 12-21-2014 at 12:00 AM.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Vote HARDER! It has been proven to work....
    And more times...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again."
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Mayor Bill de Blasio fed 'anti-police sentiment' that culminated in NYPD executions in Brooklyn, assemblywoman says

It's rather irksome that they're even going to imply de Blasio's words had more to do with fueling anti-police sentiment than, oh I don't know, putting their arms around Eric Garner's throat over something so inconsequential, essentially killing him, and, as always, getting away with it.

“Every New Yorker should feel they were attacked, that our entire city was attacked, by this heinous individual,” said Mayor Bill de Blasio,...

Straight from the playbook:

every attack on Hillary Clinton for not knowing her place is an attack on you.
    (http://www.vox.com/2014/9/23/6832243...ttack-on-women)

the threats against [Emma] Watson are already an attack on all of us.

This is more than an attack on the low paid – it is an attack on all of us.
    (http://workinglife.org.au/2014/05/05...r-way-of-life/)

Robin Williams...character attacks that, in turn, by extension, feel like an attack on all of us who struggle to stay sober and alive each day.
    (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-adam...b_5677292.html)

policies which are an attack on all of us – and on the very idea of a welfare state.
    (http://dwpexamination.org/forum/gene...nefits-street/)

Etc, etc....
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 12-21-2014 at 01:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    “Every New Yorker should feel they were attacked, that our entire city was attacked, by this heinous individual,” said Mayor Bill de Blasio,...

Robin Williams...character attacks that, in turn, by extension, feel like an attack on all of us who struggle to stay sober and alive each day.

policies which are an attack on all of us – and on the very idea of a welfare state.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    I don't speak for anyone. I simply read what's written and go from there.
    I've seen people claim blowback, blowback is an observation not a justification.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    So, the general consensus appears to be that the police officers did this to themselves.
    The only people I've seen seriously claim what you stated, highlighted in bold, are the people who make excuses for the cops.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

http://www.voxday.blogspot.com/2014/...-brooklyn.html

As William S. Lind predicted it would in his book ON WAR, 4GW has arrived in America and is targeting the police. Because the police have militarized and lost their moral authority, they are now deemed legitimate enemy targets by a growing number of armed individuals.
    [...]
    The problem faced by the police is that their instincts are now in direct contradiction to their best long-term interests. They are increasingly corrupt, increasingly frightened, increasingly gunned-up, increasingly feeling at war with the general population, and increasingly of a different ethnicity than the people with whom they are interacting on a regular basis.

What they should do is disarm completely, stop playing soldier, abandon the concept of "law enforcement", and stop their confrontational tactics. This is highly unlikely, however, because most police officers recruited after the Drug War began are psychologically well-suited for confrontation and quasi-militarization. They're neither trained nor psychologically equipped to lower the temperature these days.

The police problem is the same one faced by occupation forces everywhere. While they have the ability to project overwhelming Mass at specific targets at will, the complete lack of Shape means that their opponents can deliver superior Mass at any time, in almost any place. The police have forgotten that their very survival depends upon the good will of the people; the people could re-enact the Sicilian Vespers and wipe out every single police officer in the country in a single night if they were so inclined. One hopes that they will come to their senses and remember this before things get any uglier.

And this isn't uglier. We'll be fortunate if the 4GW forces developing in the USA remain content with only targeting armed officers.

A reader asks: "In 2007 or so Bill Lind wrote that cops understood that you can't fight an insurgency by cracking down.Think they still know that?"

I don't know. I am concerned that they do not, as the manhunt in Los Angeles that very nearly killed some innocent women indicated a propensity to panic and overreact once they discover that they are the prey and no longer the untouchable predators.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think states should also look into creating a police offenders registry. It would work in the same manner as a sex offender registry, except it would be for police brutality and police misconduct instead of sex crimes.
    One of the first "There ought to be a law that..." ideas I've ever heard that sounded like we might actually ought to have that law.

edit: Still just a maybe, though.
    Last edited by MRK; 12-21-2014 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

(http://workinglife.org.au/2014/05/05...r-way-of-life/)

(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-adam...b_5677292.html)

(http://dwpexamination.org/forum/gene...nefits-street/)

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    Fighting back for what? These guys did not do anything to him. They were sitting in their patrol car. That's not fighting back for anything. It's the coward's way.
    "These guys" made the choice to hire on with a bunch of thugs, thugs who have been systemically abusing the local population and then retreating to their protected enclaves when they're done terrorizing people.

The shooter may very well have been a coward, I'll never know......But I won't label him cowardly for his attack on an army of thugs who has openly and repeatedly declared war on him and his neighbors...

I think the issue you have is with death? If this is in fact the issue then what of the deaths caused by the thugs in blue? Not just the deaths of the body but the deaths of families, of community and of society in general?

I blame government and her enforcers for all those deaths.

The states who are unwilling to indict a man caught on video committing what in the very least was negligent homicide will never put these same people the just let off without so much as a slap on the wrist on any kind of registry. And it's funny how fake conservatives who are against all unions when it comes to them asking for more money are strangely silent about the thuggish union behavior of the police union official who are angry over NFL players putting their hands up or even having on a t-shirt saying justice for a 12 year old boy with a BB gun who was shot down like a dog without a warning.

There is only one way this registry will ever happen. That is if you or some other private citizen sets it up.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Sorry, but this so totally sounds like another false-flag attempt designed to regain the public’s favor for law enforcement, while at the future expense of our First and Second Amendments—and is just what the doctor needed to further push already sensitive law enforcement personnel closer to finally crossing over the edge with concern to the ongoing national anti-police protests, which are only gaining more and more favor and its racially motivated connotations have moreover evaporated. This sounds exactly similar to the Joseph Stack script (which was so very obviously a false-flag incident), just revised with a car and a gun.

So the official story is that this murderous fugitive that had just shot his girlfriend, leaving her for dead, decides to posts his unconscionable future intentions publicly on social media (i.e., Instagram), then travels 200-miles to NY in-order to fulfill those pointless intentions, by shooting uniformed police officers—specifically, two officers who were at the time participating in an anti-terrorism drill—finally committing himself to an act of suicide? …And then to put the cherry on top, the local law enforcement and media have the entire crime solved and all the dots connected within the first few hours—even though the two law enforcement agencies cannot even agree upon the timeline for that day? It is almost just like 9/11 all over again.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Here are my thoughts. Full disclosure. I have friends who are cops ad I wouldn't want this to happen to them. While I don't agree with many of the laws they are enforcing, I don't believe them to be inherently evil. That said, I understand how this happened. I don't condone, but I understand. From what I gather the shooter had already killed his girlfriend. Why? I don't know. Domestic violence is a problem. He decided "Screw it. My life is over anyway. I might as well make it worth something." So he went cop hunting. And the frustration at the police state for not policing the police is what justified the cop hunting in his mind. Really, Eric Garner's killer was caught on video. And the "solution" is body cameras for cops? How would that have helped anything? We would have been able to see the illegal choke hold from a different angle? And ignorant people like Charles Barkley excusing what happened based on the ridiculous notion that "He didn't mean to kill him" meant something just makes matters worse. (Yeah right wing media. Stop getting token black people who have no clue as to the law to be your spokes people.) If I get drunk, have a wreck and kill someone I'm charged with involuntary manslaughter. I'll be given some mercy and not get the death penalty because I didn't mean to kill the person. But that doesn't mean I walk free. This cop knowingly violated New York policy by using a banned choke hold. He should have been held responsible for the result of his intentional wrongful act. Killing cops is not the answer. But I don't see how this is any worse than the people I heard on talk radio the other day saying we should bomb North Korea because they might had hacked Sony because "Them North K'reans need to know not to mess with Amurika!" Seriously, what's the difference? And yes, none of us agree with such stupidity. But I bet most of us have at least one friend who is that stupid. Do we call them out on it and say "Dude. It's evil of you to advocate an action that might result in the deaths of innocent civilians just because you don't like their leader?" I'll admit myself. I don't. I've gotten tired of arguing with stupid people. Yeah I still do sometimes, but it's draining.

Anyhow, shooting cops after the fact does nothing to solve the problem. Video taping police is little better. I remember when the Rodney King video was shown. I thought "Yes! We finally have a way to stop police brutality! It's caught on video. The Black Panthers were too violent. Video cameras are non violent." And then....the cops got off. Oh someone said "Rodney King was resisting. Can't you see him resisting?" And that has become the mantra. Whenever there is a killing by police, somehow the victim is blamed. Even when Kelly Thomas was beat to death by cops who said "We're going to $#@! you up", somehow he was "resisting". His face was "resisting" their fists. His rib cage "resisted" being crushed, at least for a little bit. And now we have cops abusing the people taking the video. Really there is only one way that I can think of to actually stop police brutality.

These guys:

Need to work with these guys:

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast