Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think Obama is an okay president?

Anyone else think Obama is an okay president?

I can't say I'm a fan of him, but compared to W he's a lot less scary. I find myself agreeing with him more often then not when it comes to anything other than economic policy. I imagine the country would be in a much worse place if any Republican won, other than Paul, in either of the past elections. Thoughts? Am I alone here?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Keep in mind that he only had a democrat-controlled house for 2 years out of his entire term.

Obama cares about you.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

is this a comparative or a relative analysis?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Puppets
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Obama cares about you.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Absolutely not. Just another psychopath.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    I can't say I'm a fan of him, but compared to W he's a lot less scary. I find myself agreeing with him more often then not when it comes to anything other than economic policy. I imagine the country would be in a much worse place if any Republican won, other than Paul, in either of the past elections. Thoughts? Am I alone here?
    Uh , No , I do not think these $#@!ers are OK , not even close .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Under Obama you got Obamacare, under Bush you got Bushcare (Medicaid D). Which is worse? I'd have to run the numbers, one of them being how much each contributes to the national debt. Did payroll tax go up as a result of Bushcare, and if so - how much? If no increase, Bush gets the upper hand because you are forced to buy insurance or pay the penalty under Obamacare. But at least there was a temporary payroll tax holiday under Obama

Debt - Obama has added more to the debt than Bush. Advantage: Bush

War - Bush started Iraq and Afghanistan. Obama attempted to extend Bush's withdrawal from Iraq and also attacked Syria and Libya though to my surprise - not Iran. Syria and Libya don't seem as big a deal as Iraq and Afghan, but does anyone think he wouldn't have invaded them if he was president from 2000 to 2008?

Economics - Obama's stimulus was much larger than anything carried out by Bush to my knowledge. Both were bad about bailouts

Civil liberties - Obama has expanded the atrocities started under Bush, drone strikes against American citizens for one. So I guess Obama is worst

tone - that's about the only thing I can think for sure Obama is better at. He doesn't go around saying "I'm the decider", "mission accomplished", etc and he's a more eloquent and down to earth speaker.

If you can name some key areas where Obama was better, I'd like to hear them.

Specsaregood makes a good point in that Obama could have been even worse with more years of a Democrat controlled Congress (not that McCain with a Republican dominated Congress would have been better - probably worse than Obama's actual performance I'd guess)

I don't like obamacare or how he extended the patriot act. I don't hate him I am just not in love with him.

Definitions of okay in various forms of speech:

exclamation: okay

used to express assent, agreement, or acceptance

adjective: okay

satisfactory but not exceptionally or especially good

adverb: okay

in a satisfactory manner or to a satisfactory extent

noun: okay

an authorization or approval

verb: okay

sanction or give approval to

So, is Obama an okay president? My answer is an unequivocal no.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I have learned to not hate Puppets, but the Puppet Masters.

Professing hatred in this day and age will land those who whisper above their breath in condemnation of Puppet Presidents will soon find themselves Disappeared.

If we want somewhere to place blame, then I'd look to Obama's Handler, who I suspect is Zbiginew Brezinski.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Oh for sure! Ran our national debt up to historically absurd levels, increased big brother's watchful eye with illegal spying on his citizens, murdered untold people with his sweet little drones... duh, the dood is totally OK!

Seriously, what the $#@! is wrong with you?

Check you calendar. April first is MONTHS away!

That said, he's a likable guy. Just do not want him in the drivers seat...
    I'd much rather go golfing with Obama than duck hunting with Chesney...

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 12-20-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Check you calendar. April first is MONTHS away!

That said, he's a likable guy. Just do not want him in the drivers seat...
    I'd much rather go golfing with Obama than duck hunting with Chesney...

-t
    You really think he's a likable guy? Have you ever spent any time around someone like Obama? I'm talking Ivy League educated progressives. They're some of the most annoying people on the planet.

The bar for POTUS (and candidate POTUS wannabes) has been set awfully low for quite some time now.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Really, you can't think of anything you disagree with Obama on other than economic policy?

So you agree with.....

TSA expansion? http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin...ay-near-you/2/

NSA expansion? http://www.wired.com/2014/11/utah-co...r-data-center/

Backing Al Qaeda and initiating a "kinetic action" (war) against an ally (Libya)? http://www.independentsentinel.com/t...eda-all-along/

Backing Al Qaeda and trying to overthrow another former ally (Assad) in Syria? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIRUeJYFZ94

Selling guns to Mexican drug lords in an effort to undermine U.S. gun rights? http://www.cbsnews.com/news/document...n-regulations/

How about having U.S. troops protect the opium trade in Afghanistan? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNqIrDKnNE8

The IRS harassing political opponents of the president? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MAJu6BuwAQ

Yeah. If none of the above bothers you (and I could go on) then you are alone. I do think John McCain arguably would have been a worse president but only because he had a fetish for going to war with Iran. Any jackass who would sink "bomb bomb bomb Iran" when the American people were already war weary is not fit to be dog catcher let alone senator let alone president. But Obama has been a disaster as president. Even black people who are informed and honest have to admit that under Obama blacks are doing worse than before. (That's back to the economic issues you were talking about, but still).
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

$#@! no.

The only aspect Obama that is remotely "okay" is that he's not any worse than anybody else who ran against him, with the obvious exception of Ron Paul. I'm sure we would've been in a similar yet different mess with any other candidate sans Paul if they won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    $#@! no.

The only aspect Obama that is remotely "okay" is that he's not any worse than anybody else who ran against him, with the obvious exception of Ron Paul. I'm sure we would've been in a similar yet different mess with any other candidate sans Paul if they won.
    Well to be fair I can think of a few things I agree with Obama on. Opening trade with Cuba for one. Rolling back (at least somewhat) disparate sentencing for crack versus powder cocaine is another. There may be a few more things if I think hard enough. But yeah, overall he's been a disaster for freedom and not just because of economics. And yes, any other major party candidate other than Ron would have been as bad. The major parties are the problem.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Well to be fair I can think of a few things I agree with Obama on. Opening trade with Cuba for one. Rolling back (at least somewhat) disparate sentencing for crack versus powder cocaine is another. There may be a few more things if I think hard enough. But yeah, overall he's been a disaster for freedom and not just because of economics. And yes, any other major party candidate other than Ron would have been as bad. The major parties are the problem.
    If Obama cared about the crack vs, powder sentencing he;d had pardoned a bunch of those serving mandatory miniumums such as Wendos Angelos who got 50 years for selling some weed. check out www.famm.org

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    If Obama cared about the crack vs, powder sentencing he;d had pardoned a bunch of those serving mandatory miniumums such as Wendos Angelos who got 50 years for selling some weed. check out www.famm.org
    I clicked on your link and one of the top stories I saw was this:

FAMM Praises Obama for Commuting Sentences of Barbara Scrivner, Others

Sure, more could be done. More can always be done. If Rand gets elected will he mass pardon all non violent drug offenders the day after he is inaugurated? Maybe. Maybe not. If we're going to be honest, we have to at least acknowledge positive moves done by the other side. It will be easier for a Rand Paul to continue pardoning nonviolent drug offenders with the precedent being set by Obama.

At least he is not Romney. (or McCain)

It could be worse.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Apparently enough folks think so, after all he got elected twice (by the vote counters). Go figure.

find myself agreeing with him more often then not when it comes to anything other than economic policy. I imagine the country would be in a much worse place if any Republican won, other than Paul, in either of the past elections. Thoughts? Am I alone here?
    How can you "agree" with this person when literally almost everything that spouts forth from his grinning mouth is a lie? This has got to be one of the worst presidents ever to hold the office. EVER.

Stockholm syndrome? How sad to see this from someone that has been here since '07.

This grinning jug eared lying SOB almost makes Reagan look like Thomas Jefferson. I count the days until I won't have to stumble on his voice when tuning through a radio.

Ramming through a law (after lying about it AT EVERY POSSIBLE CHANCE) that mandates every citizen to purchase corporate insurance is now not a big deal?

And his latest behind the scenes attempts to shove yet 2 more so called "free trade" agreements down the dumb citizens throats is gonna be great for the few that still have managed to hold part time jobs, after he lied about his position on NAFTA. This clown literally makes me sick.

I really don't have much hope for this country at all anymore, thanks to this kind of drivel. It's going to take a complete economic meltdown before any kind of sanity starts to return.

Obama is a disgrace to every single American and every one else in the world. A DISGRACE.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In a nation of 300 million+ if the best we can do is "okay" regarding the presidency we need a reset.

In 6 years he's done 1 or 2 things I agree with. Most recently the Cuba thing.

I don't think that's NEARLY enough to offset the damage he's done. His economic policies alone have done as much damage as Bush II ever did. He's pushed us to the brink of real conflict with russia for the 1st time in my lifetime. He expanded the NSA. He extended the NDAA/Patrio Act/etc.

I think people are just tired of being angry and are looking for the bright side. It's good for your health, I guess?
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Well of course Obama can't do everything wrong. A broken President is right twice every eight years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Ok yea you guys are right. He has done a lot of $#@!ty things. I guess i was thinking about things like cuba and amnesty both of which i support. His marijuana policy has also been liberal enough to actually allow states to fully legalize, which i dont think would have happened under any other president. And while hes increased targeted air strikes and drones, he has for the most part drawn down and ended two ground wars and has not started any new ones.

I dont really care too much about obamacare. Yea its stupid, but giving cheap insurance to the poor isnt exactly an atrocity.

I just think in the history books obama will go down as a fairly benign president, comparitavely.
    Last edited by brandon; 12-20-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Ok yea you guys are right. He has done a lot of $#@!ty things. I guess i was thinking about things like cuba and amnesty both of which i support. His marijuana policy has also been liberal enough to actually allow states to fully legalize, which i dont think would have happened under any other president. And while hes increased targeted air strikes and drones, he has for the most part drawn down and ended two ground wars and has not started any new ones.

I dont really care too much about obamacare. Yea its stupid, but giving cheap insurance to the poor isnt exactly an atrocity.

I just think in the history books obama will go down as a fairly benign president, comparitavely.
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

They will be in Afghanistan for at least another decade, Iraq forever...

Obama is a war criminal. Pretty amazing to me that anyone, let alone someone who's ostensibly been following politics for as long as you have, does not see this.

Simply for Al Majalah he should be facing a court. This even ignores the policy in Somalia, Mali, Libya, Syria, Pakistan, Nigeria, etc. etc. etc. etc. Obama has done more to legitimize drone warfare, targeted strikes, assassination, and torture, than any other president did or probably could. He ordered the assassination of an American citizen without due process. He targets whisteblowers who step forward to speak on the administration's crimes. He uses political pressure to keep journalists who report on his war crimes in a cage.

This is so damn ridiculous I don't even know why I'm bothering.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-13-2016 at 12:11 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast