Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you get yourself for Christmas?

What did you get yourself for Christmas?

I figure that I'm already spending on everyone else so I do get myself something for Christmas usually. I just stick a tag on it from the boy or whatever.

This year I got myself some new boots and a shirt.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I rarely see this beer in stores and it's one of my all-time favorites even though it's quite expensive for a 4 pack.

I bought one for my brother who likes dark beers and stouts, but dammit I had to get one for myself to.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I figure that I'm already spending on everyone else so I do get myself something for Christmas usually. I just stick a tag on it from the boy or whatever.

This year I got myself some new boots and a shirt.

You should really get an avatar for Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    You should really get an avatar for Christmas.
    I vote the boots

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I got myself a new pair of dress shoes. My old pair is 18 years old, not to worn though, only need them for weddings and funerals. More funerals nowadays than weddings. My suit is 18 years old too, should get the pants let out a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I got some boots too

Those are nice boots, Carlybee. + rep for good taste.

I have such high arches and insteps that I cannot wear boots I am jealous I think I will just go ahead and pay my bills and buy stuff for my friends and family.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh , I dunno , it is still early , got the Mrs to get me a another drill , battery , charger that is the same as one of the others I have , and a Snap On 1/4 drive set . For myself ? oh , flannel lined pr of Dickies jeans , multiple bottles of bourbon , 1903 silver Mexican five cent pc , 1904 silver Morgan dollar, couple Flying Eagle Cents ,1857 , 1858 Large Letters, Uncirculated 1945 S silver War nickel , silver , 1965 Canadian dime ,some 20 Ga deer slugs, tomahawk , cleaver , 12 Ga Rhodesian Jungle rounds , 12 Ga incendiary rounds, lighter fluid , 1.56 grams of gold , angle head ignition wrench set , etc . For The Mrs , gift certificate to the ice cream & Deli , new camera , four sets of gold ear rings , cast iron corn bread pan ,lump of coal .......

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    I got myself a new pair of dress shoes. My old pair is 18 years old, not to worn though, only need them for weddings and funerals. More funerals nowadays than weddings. My suit is 18 years old too, should get the pants let out a little.
    I bought a new pr in 1999 , my others , dry rotted and fell apart , shame too , because I over paid for them in 1983.These are doing better , almost comfortable , mostly funerals .

PRC and been trying to buy a laser but the checkout keeps $#@!ing up

for the roomie - something related to music lessons but she has an account here so I don't want to say more.
    for her BF - might pick up a bong or somethin...

-t

I haven't decided yet but I'm thinking about getting a new router; http://static.axminster.co.uk/media/.../333081_xl.jpg Then I can put my old router upside-down in a router table... I think I may also buy myself this set of chisels; http://www.popularwoodworking.com/wp...p_IMG_5066.jpg .

I'm not really into gifts but Christmas is a good time to buy stuff I want. There are usually some nice discounts that I can profit from. I get part of my family over and I cook them a 5 course dinner, we exchange some small gifts... Apart from that I buy myself some nice stuff usually.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I'm not really into gifts but Christmas is a good time to buy stuff I want. There are usually some nice discounts that I can profit from. I get part of my family over and I cook them a 5 course dinner, we exchange some small gifts... Apart from that I buy myself some nice stuff usually.
    January is actually the best time to get good deals. Not the best selection. Stores over order and what didn't sell they try to dump at close to cost.

-t

An Amazon Kindle Fire HD.

40 inch television for one hundred dollars and a ton of ammo and gun accessories.

What can I say, I'm a man of simple tastes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

A new spreader, blower, and a bagger for my riding mower.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Those are nice boots, Carlybee. + rep for good taste.
    Thanks..I have a similar pair of black ones and red ones. I have a pretty good size boot collection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P-51-IWB-Holster-New2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	3529

This model, for a Bersa Thunder 9mm Ultra Carry Pro.

http://www.cardonholsters.com/

I had to buy him the blue gun for my model so that he could make it. Hoping he will reimburse me, or send me another holster of my choosing, in the future once he sells a few of them for that model.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 12-20-2014 at 02:18 PM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

ssd drive was black friday deal. I guess you could say that is christmas, Only reason I got it was black friday deal, I would have eventually gotten it anyway.

HO, Ho, Ho.

2 solid weeks of work, weekends included.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Mine does not have a classy hat band , but otherwise about the same , it was a Christmas gift from the past .

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    I have to work two days next week , filling in for my Leadman that works for me .Guess I will be driving a clamp truck. Sorry to hear you have no days off .

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I haven't decided yet but I'm thinking about getting a new router; http://static.axminster.co.uk/media/.../333081_xl.jpg Then I can put my old router upside-down in a router table... I think I may also buy myself this set of chisels; http://www.popularwoodworking.com/wp...p_IMG_5066.jpg .

Looks like a nice chisel set .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Given the times, that's something to be thankful for.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Given the times, that's something to be thankful for.
    I just hope he is not on salary .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I just hope he is not on salary .
    good point.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have to work two days next week , filling in for my Leadman that works for me .Guess I will be driving a clamp truck. Sorry to hear you have no days off .
    You're a good leader to give your man a break. That stuff goes a long way.

For me I take it for what it is - making donuts while the coffee's brewing

Just as with government, many companies want to spend their forecasted budgets before year end. I am salary but I did receive a promotion this year, and more money. I've been told I'm likely to see another promotion some time in the summer, but eggs dont count as chickens...

I plan on taking a trip with the family in the spring, so its all good. As someone else said, I could be out of work, and that's another extreme I'd rather avoid.

Nice hat, specs!

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Just as with government, many companies want to spend their forecasted budgets before year end.
    yeah, I always love that as we always close a whole bunch of sales from leads we had forgotten about/given up on this time of year all of a sudden. Then the beginning of the year is the same thing as people who had already exhausted their budget are able to spend again.

The Mrs & I delivered packages to five of the Grandkids the past two days , will be doing the same for the rest in the next five or six days . That is a lot of fun , I must admit .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast