Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on The Kelly File discusses Rubio's isolationism

[Video] Rand Paul on The Kelly File discusses Rubio's isolationism

update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nKM5XQD9T8

--

Last edited by jct74; 12-20-2014 at 10:23 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It went well, but I think it was a mistake for Rand to complain about Rubio's comments being "rude". In the primary, everyone will be rude. Just stick to the issues
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Rand slam dunked it over Rubio's head. Perfect time to explain what is and is not isolationism.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    lol, i lost count of how many times he said isolationism

@7:00 the reason we point this out is to point out their hypocrisy on this and their misunderstanding of the term. because I am one that does believe in trade and diplomacy and engagement around the world which is the opposite of isolationism.....
    Last edited by specsaregood; 12-20-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    It went well, but I think it was a mistake for Rand to complain about Rubio's comments being "rude". In the primary, everyone will be rude. Just stick to the issues
    Disagreed, at the end @8:00 he shows that he is willing to stand up and fight and defend himself from attacks even from within his own party. it is one thing I really like about Randal and its one big difference in demeanor he has with his father.

He has basically just made it known that if you smear him with the term "isolationist" he is going to come back swinging.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 12-20-2014 at 10:24 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why is Rand holding his head at an angle? It's strange to watch him talk with his head cocked to the side like that.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Hardball discusses Rubio vs. Rand (first few minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyrNvGUjc-Q

Cenk praises (2nd half of video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e6g6Tx94ZU

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Hardball discusses Rubio vs. Rand (first few minutes)

Matthews: "Here's Rubio with his somewhat lesser abilities going back at Paul..." Hee Hee...Matthews definitely likes Mr. Paul.

I'm starting to wonder if the whole point in making this policy change was to bait Rand into a fight that they knew he would take on in an effort to paint Rand as siding with democrats/liberals. I think Rand needs to be careful from here on out in choosing which battles he publically chooses to fight and not fight. His ideas don't need to change just as I believe proverbs says, be swift to hear and a little slower to speak. Of course I don't think he should change up much of what he's doing because thus far he's had the Midas touch. Just maybe be a little more careful in responding to issues that republican primary voters are going to look at as a liberal viewpoint. Hell giving it a day to ponder an issue such as this wouldn't hurt much. And I'm not meaning pandering to the right by changing his position, just simply being a little more careful of the potential traps that put before him. Of course he's right on this issue, but by the time fox news gets done with this, they'll be framing him into Jimmy Carter/Obama combined which is very bad for a republican in a primary.