Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh NO!! IRS "threatens" temporary shutdown...

Oh NO!! IRS "threatens" temporary shutdown...

I'm sure it's an "empty threat" (damn!!). People who actually PAY a tax will be tickled to death if they shutdown (although a permanent shutdown would be SOOOOOOOO much better).

-----
    The IRS is considering its own temporary shutdown due to recent budget cuts enacted by Congress, its chief said Thursday.

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen said furloughs — forced unpaid days off for employees as part of an IRS closure — is one idea reluctantly being tossed about to save money, though they are hoping they will not have to go there.

“People call it furloughs; I view it as: Are we going to have to shut the place down? And at this point, that will be the last thing we do, … but there is no way we can say right now that that wont happen,” Koskinen told reporters at a Thursday press conference on the upcoming tax season. “Again, I would stress that would be the last option.”

-----
    more:
    http://www.politico.com/story/2014/1...wn-113681.html
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wish.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Just quit paying a federal income tax and the problem is solved.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Just quit paying a federal income tax and the problem is solved.
    I am living it brother. Waiting patiently for the knock.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    I am living it brother. Waiting patiently for the knock.
    Same here.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

That awkward moment when you pretend suicide only to discover that no one wants to stop you ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Czolgosz View Post
    Same here.
    That makes four of us, about a hundred million more and we might do this.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    That awkward moment when you pretend suicide only to discover that no one wants to stop you ...

LOL!

+1 for the banana

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

LOL!

+1 for the banana
    So, you and the banana have come to terms? I knew you couldn't hold out on the banana for too long.....
    "The Patriarch"

The IRS 'considering' shutdown right before tax season?

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    That makes four of us, about a hundred million more and we might do this.
    I'll make it five, have not filed or paid in 14 years.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

How about a permanent shutdown?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

So, you and the banana have come to terms? I knew you couldn't hold out on the banana for too long.....
    Oh, the Banana and I are always on good terms. Sometimes I have to give him tough love but I always hold him in the highest esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    You are the father of the movement here! (I think) We need a recruitment strategy.
    "The Patriarch"

Oh, the Banana and I are always on good terms. Sometimes I have to give him tough love but I always hold him in the highest esteem.

Ok, that's kind of creepy.
    "The Patriarch"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	648x486xd93c69f04979063b9615553a36d01b0d-sc.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	3518
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Minions are cute vvv that's creepy. WTH, Brian?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	648x486xd93c69f04979063b9615553a36d01b0d-sc.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	3518

He likes bananas. And he works for North Korea too. All your base are belong to him.

I think Brian has been possessed by Danke.
    "The Patriarch"

I think Brian has been possessed by Danke.
    I'm in the jump seat, Danke is asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I'm in the jump seat, Danke is asleep.
    He seems to just wake up upon occasion these days, old men need their sleep.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    I stopped a few years back.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I'm sure it's an "empty threat" (damn!!). People who actually PAY a tax will be tickled to death if they shutdown (although a permanent shutdown would be SOOOOOOOO much better).

-----
    The IRS is considering its own temporary shutdown due to recent budget cuts enacted by Congress, its chief said Thursday.

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen said furloughs — forced unpaid days off for employees as part of an IRS closure — is one idea reluctantly being tossed about to save money, though they are hoping they will not have to go there.

“People call it furloughs; I view it as: Are we going to have to shut the place down? And at this point, that will be the last thing we do, … but there is no way we can say right now that that wont happen,” Koskinen told reporters at a Thursday press conference on the upcoming tax season. “Again, I would stress that would be the last option.”

-----
    more:
    http://www.politico.com/story/2014/1...wn-113681.html
    Kill it , Kill it forever .Turn those soulless $#@!s onto the street to feed from dumpsters where they belong .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Kill it , Kill it forever .Turn those soulless $#@!s onto the street to feed from dumpsters where they belong .
    I would die a happy man if I ever lived to see that.
    "The Patriarch"

I would die a happy man if I ever lived to see that.
    This is why I should run this , we could see it before I die , LOL

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    This is why I should run this , we could see it before I die , LOL
    I will of course listen to your wisdom and experience sir.
    "The Patriarch"

I will of course listen to your wisdom and experience sir.
    Hell , my wisdom could be summed up with common sense.

The agency estimates each closed day would save $29 million.

Shut it down for a year and see how much we save!!!

If ever there was an organization the American People would Majority be very happy with a government shutdown....It would be the IRS. Not parks...not monuments...but close down the IRS and people would actually be happy with a gov't shutdown.

To even suggest it, probably gets people excited.

They wont stop stealing during their "shutdown", they will just slow down peoples refunds and make the federal government look bad. It might be a good thing, it may wake up some of the dumber folks, but i've learned my lesson about having hope.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast