Thread: “Breathe Easy - Don’t Break The Law”

Exclamation “Breathe Easy - Don’t Break The Law”

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop...ont-break-law/

South Bend, Indiana – When police abuse and misconduct became a national conversation recently, police all over the country have had a great opportunity to actually connect with the public, and make an honest effort to admit wrong-doing, apologize for their behavior, and offer a solution to fix the problem.

Unfortunately it seems that many police are going in the opposite direction, deciding to engage in an all out media war with the public, in defense of their culture of violence.

In the wake of the recent and highly publicized police killings, officers and police unions could have taken a sensitive approach, but instead they continue to defend these unspeakable crimes, exposing themselves as the thugs that they are in the process.

For example, a police officer who owns a t-shirt company has created a controversy in his community by printing and selling shirts that say “Breathe Easy Don’t Break The Law,” a sarcastic response to the “I Cant Breathe,” slogan that has become an icon to symbolize Eric Garners final words.

Michiana police officer Jason Barthel of South Bend Uniform Company says that he has already sold over a hundred of the t-shirts, but there is a good chance that a large percentage of those purchases were cops themselves.

“We’re here to protect the public and we want you to breathe easy knowing that the police are here to be with you and for you and protect you,” Barthel said.
    Barthel denied that his t-shirts were meant to disrespect Eric Garner or his family in any way.

Barthel’s company said in a statement that:

“For those upset, please understand when we use the slogan “Breathe Easy” we are referring to knowing the police are there for you! We are one people, one nation regardless of race, religion, creed or gender. We are all in this together. The police are here to protect and serve. 99.9% of us have the greater good in our hearts each time we strap on our uniforms and duty belts. We are all one people and this is by no means is a slam on Eric Garner or his family, God rest his soul. Lets all band together as AMERICANS regardless of our feelings and know we can and will be better! Thank you for your support.”
    Does Barthel really expect people to believe that a shirt that says, “Don’t break the law” means that police are “there for you” and that “Breathe Easy” is not a reference to Eric Garner? The attempt to lie to to people makes this situation that much more insulting.

It is truly disturbing that police largely believe that someone being disobedient or breaking a law is an acceptable reason to murder them.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd love to burn one of these shirts on video, but I'd be loathe to actually send money to Sir Barthel the Goon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    I'd love to burn one of these shirts on video, but I'd be loathe to actually send money to Sir Barthel the Goon.
    LOL!

There are one of two possibilities here.

Either an evil man hiding behind a badge is mocking Garner on behalf of his fellow gang members in blue, which is downright disgusting, and puts him outside of the "well-meaning cop that doesn't know any better" in my mind. Which means, a blatant thief and kidnapper. I don't even have words to describe that. These types of people should be shunned.

Or, the cop is legitimately stupid enough to think that this isn't a reference to Garner, which means he is an utter imbecile. In which case, no wonder he's a cop
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Interesting how even with a cute fun Tshirt the Cops are still giving an implied threat. "Dont break the law" Or else you won't breathe easy? Is that the message? Don't break the law or you risk being choked to death?

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    LOL!

There are one of two possibilities here.

Either an evil man hiding behind a badge is mocking Garner on behalf of his fellow gang members in blue, which is downright disgusting, and puts him outside of the "well-meaning cop that doesn't know any better" in my mind. Which means, a blatant thief and kidnapper. I don't even have words to describe that. These types of people should be shunned.

Or, the cop is legitimately stupid enough to think that this isn't a reference to Garner, which means he is an utter imbecile. In which case, no wonder he's a cop
    I'd like to think it's a combination of both. Who says a goon can't be evil AND stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    Interesting how even with a cute fun Tshirt the Cops are still giving an implied threat. "Dont break the law" Or else you won't breathe easy? Is that the message? Don't break the law or you risk being choked to death?
    At least they're being honest with us. That's more than I can usually credit the cops with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

I posted this elsewhere, but also will post it here. I have never seen an occupation or group of people who have a higher opinion of themselves than anyone, are more self-righteous than anyone, and think they are above it all. I have never met a group who unequivocally think they are the absolute salt and good of the earth. Not one group. None.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    I could see someone just making the shirt himself, and then burning it for a Youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

If he sold a 100 of those in South Bend , 40 to cops there , 60 to Chicago cops who are related to the south bend cops.My guess

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is a very slim possibility that good cops do exist. The bad ones have put an incredibly bad stain on those of the truest intentions, like the Oath Keepers. In the end, I do not see things getting better until they decide to put down their costumes and labels and walk among the people instead of above them. The very word Cop is nothing more than a Label, and until we finally decide to drop every last one of these group think labels, we will be enslaved to the mindset that cops are no longer humans. Some may be very bad excuses for humans, but humans none the less. This goes for those who wear the Label of Cop as well. Drop the label, and we are no longer criminals or mundanes or tax revenue, but humans. Same race. The Human Race.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

“We’re here to protect the public and we want you to breathe easy knowing that the police are here to be with you and for you and protect you,” Barthel said.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPdHaNr0OAY
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If he sold a 100 of those in South Bend , 40 to cops there , 60 to Chicago cops who are related to the south bend cops.My guess
    Inbreeding takes place in other areas too, it's not just the shallow gene pool here in the Ozarks..

Problem with kops inbreeding is the traits promoted...

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    There is a very slim possibility that good cops do exist.
    Discussing this with my brother (retired LEO) some years ago,, he said that many joined with good intent. They wanted to protect and help.
    he also said that within 2 years they would either leave or become jaded.

I believe that protective instinct is present in all men.. but that the state distorts and corrupts it.
    Police should simply not exist,, and law enforcement should be in the hands of common men.. every man.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Every time you see that, post one of these:

When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law. - Bastiat
    "One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws." - Martin Luther King
    “If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law” - Henry David Thoreau
    The Nazis had laws, too.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

“For those upset, please understand when we use the slogan “Breathe Easy” we are referring to knowing the police are there for you! We are one people, one nation regardless of race, religion, creed or gender. We are all in this together. The police are here to protect and serve. 99.9% of us have the greater good in our hearts each time we strap on our uniforms and duty belts. We are all one people and this is by no means is a slam on Eric Garner or his family, God rest his soul. Lets all band together as AMERICANS regardless of our feelings and know we can and will be better! Thank you for your support.”
    Pure bullsh!t, "Breathe Easy" is not about knowing the goons are there for you, when "Breathe Easy" is followed by "Don't break the law". It clearly and unmistakably implies, if you break the law, you will not breath easy. It is clearly and unmistakably in reference to Eric Garner.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Another in a long line that just puts into print what each of the jackboots feel towards their fellow citizens....

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I posted this elsewhere, but also will post it here. I have never seen an occupation or group of people who have a higher opinion of themselves than anyone, are more self-righteous than anyone, and think they are above it all. I have never met a group who unequivocally think they are the absolute salt and good of the earth. Not one group. None.
    Hubris, born from decades of institutional entitlement.
    They actually believe they are beyond reproach.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Hubris, born from decades of institutional entitlement.
    They actually believe they are beyond reproach.
    That needs to be changed in the minds of the general population.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Inbreeding takes place in other areas too, it's not just the shallow gene pool here in the Ozarks..

Problem with kops inbreeding is the traits promoted...
    Sounds like a setup for the movie Wrong Turn.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

See? All you gotta do to not get killed is not breathe too hard. If only Mike Brown and Eric Garner would've known to just breathe easy because breathing too hard can scare a fragile police officer out of his wits. It really is that simple. Don't breathe too hard, don't get shot. I don't understand why people don't get this. /s
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    BINGO.
    Even paying out millions for excessive force judgements hasn't dislodged taxpayers from their copsuckery.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Will Grigg incoming ...

For Punitive Populists, "Comply or Die" IS the "Law"
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...ie-is-the-law/
    William Norman Grigg (18 December 2014)

“Our will is the law, and if you submit to it, we won’t kill you.” That’s the actual message behind the motto displayed on a line of t-shirts designed by South Bend, Indiana police officer Jason Barthel.

The shirts display a badge insignia against set the “Blue Line” logo — the universal colors of the State’s privileged gang-banger fraternity — with the inscription: “Breathe easy — don’t break the law.”

The t-shirt design is intended as a rebuke to the “I can’t breathe” protest meme inspired by the police murder of Eric Garner.

“We are not here to do anything negative to the public,” insists Barthel. “We’re here to protect the public and we want you to breathe easy knowing that the police are here to be with you and for you and protect you.”

The claim that police exist to protect the public is an obvious and easily documented lie: Police officers have no enforceable duty to aid a citizen threatened by actual criminal violence. If something akin to a legitimate role exists for government police it would be to identify criminal suspects and detain them for prosecution when necessary. Nearly everything police do, however, consists of scrutinizing harmless behavior by their betters in the productive class in search of a rationale to intrude in their affairs, confiscate their property, and kill them if they object — which is precisely what was done to micro-entrepreneur Eric Garner on the streets of Staten Island.

The shirts, predictably, are a huge hit with Punitive Populists — the kind of people who chant the Support Your Local Police (SYLP) mantra as a way of insulating themselves from the abundant evidence that law enforcement is the single greatest source of lawless violence in our society.

For such people, anyone on the receiving end of lethal attention from a police officer — a Judge Dredd-like figure invested with the power of discretionary killing — obviously must have done something to deserve it. They rarely, if ever, consider the fact that it is almost impossible to breathe easily in a country being suffocated beneath the burden of “laws” that make each of us a repeat offender — and thus liable to summary execution by police — on a daily basis. Nor are they unduly troubled by the recent Supreme Court decision that relieves police of the need of observing an actual violation of the “law” before detaining an individual and finding an excuse to ruin his life.

Officer Barthel, who divides his time between law enforcement and honest work as a small business owner, could very easily be prosecuted and ruined for any of the myriad regulatory infractions he commits every day as an entrepreneur. As a police officer, however, he can commit criminal violence — including homicide — and take refuge in the claim of “qualified immunity.”

It has been said that a conservative is a liberal who has been mugged by reality. In similar fashion, a police critic is often someone who has been abused by the cops, or seen this happen to someone he cares about. Given the metastasizing plague of criminal violence by the police, we can expect to see an increasing number of Punitive Populists have that conversion experience — being beaten by the cops on the Road to Damascus, as it were. As Franklin famously said, experience keeps a dear school, but fools will learn in no other.

http://teespring.com/breatheeasierfightback

View Sizing Chart & Product Details
    Only 2 more needed to print!

Don't worry, you won't be charged unless the minimum is reached. Learn why.
    Last edited by presence; 12-18-2014 at 06:19 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    2000 years ago, if a Christian saw a man, regardless of costume, attacking an innocent man and carrying him off to prison, he would be:

1) horrified and saddened
    2) doing what he could to provide for the innocent man's needs
    3) Witnessing to the attacker, concluding from his behavior that he was emphatically not a follower of The Way.

To many who call themselves Christian today?

1) "He must have done *something* / been connected with *some* criminal."
    2) "They say he ____________. He deserves to rot in jail for _____________."
    3) Calling the attacker(s) to the front of the church on Approved State holidays (Independence day, etc) to praise them for protecting them.

You know, the main difference between then and now--the Church then was so on fire for doing its job that The State viewed it as a threat.

Now, the church attempts to seek Caesar's approval constantly.