Thread: Brutally Honest: Is it OK to be naked in front of your kids?

Thumbs down Brutally Honest: Is it OK to be naked in front of your kids?

A Stupid article on CNN.

Brutally Honest: Is it OK to be naked in front of your kids?

When -- and whether -- it's OK to be naked in front of your kids can be a difficult topic for parents
    "But even my 12-year-old son doesn't hesitate to undress in front of me. I figure that he will one day, and that's OK," said Morrison. "Perhaps one day he will avert his eyes or become uncomfortable with my nudity as well. And that's OK, too."
    This has to be the most retard article that CNN could possibly even think on having it put on CNN.Com. Asking the question whatever or not is it ok to be naked in front of your own kids?

Seriously do these elites westren news media think somehow that the children are some still innocent or innocence at those ages CNN had mentioned? why wouldn't you be nude in front of your own kids? the fact is children are growing up and need to see the reality on how adults would usually look when they are older.

As children age, they certainly develop their own sense of modesty around others, said Micky Morrison, a mom of two in Islamorada, Florida, and founder of BabyWeightTV.
    This part was the most comical.

(CNN) -- Let me say at the start that there is no way around the topic of nakedness in front of your children without getting personal and slightly uncomfortable. I'm already feeling somewhat tense as I type this.
    If you are feeling that way then its clear you arent a human if you have a sense of feeling uncomfortable being even nude in front of your own kids how would you some Americans handle a collapse?

There is nothing wrong seeing your own children nude, i wonder if this same author had the same experience as a child, but forget.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most of the populace in the US is oversensitive about nudity, but that's their problem.

We don't make a big deal of it in my house...(Then again we're not nudists either)

Everybody has a body and some folks are self conscious about theirs...

We have a bathroom curtain, not a door in our house. I like to be alone when I take a $#@! but otherwise I really don't think about it too much.

I never really thought much about taking a shower after football practice in highschool... those were communal.

People are too damn sensitive about this $#@!.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Not when it's not OK for them to be naked in front of you.

If you want to protect your children in this day and age, go full Victorian prude and stay that way. Paranoia is the keyword to modern parenting in the U.S.

Don't do anything illegal, assuming you can actually keep track of the 1,000,001 laws on the books today. Even if they don't arrest you when the child mentions it to some classmate, the school will make damned sure the child winds up in some abusive foster home. Teach the child that 'suicide' is as dirty a word as f*ck, sh*t and n***er, because if the child jokes about being suicidal at school you can expect the child to be incarcerated and isolated for a solid week--and Christmas be damned. And if a girl child even knows what balls are, God help the man of the house. Sexual predator lists are more permanent than branded skin. And if you can think of anything else the school can overreact about, assume it will, no matter how asinine. Depending upon a sane and proportionate reaction is worse than folly--it can cost your child dearly.

You can't be prudish enough. Unless you homeschool, that is. And even then...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Everybody has a body and some folks are self conscious about theirs...
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    If you want to protect your children in this day and age, go full Victorian prude and stay that way. Paranoia is the keyword to modern parenting in the U.S.

Don't do anything illegal, assuming you can actually keep track of the 1,000,001 laws on the books today. Even if they don't arrest you when the child mentions it to some classmate, the school will make damned sure the child winds up in some abusive foster home. Teach the child that 'suicide' is as dirty a word as f*ck, sh*t and n***er, because if the child jokes about being suicidal at school you can expect the child to be incarcerated and isolated for a solid week--and Christmas be damned. And if a girl child even knows what balls are, God help the man of the house. Sexual predator lists are more permanent than branded skin. And if you can think of anything else the school can overreact about, assume it will, no matter how asinine. Depending upon a sane and proportionate reaction is worse than folly--it can cost your child dearly.

You can't be prudish enough. Unless you homeschool, that is. And even then...
    I've always said: Political correctness is going to get us all killed.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

When my child was young I tried to maintain some modesty in front of him. I did not bathe with him or sleep naked with him in the bed. He kicked me out of giving him a bath @ around 6 years old he could dress himself by that time. When you live in the same house with someone it is inevitable that you will see the people you live with in some state of undress though. I did not make a big deal if he saw me though but I did usually reach for something to cover myself.

I had one friend that had children my son's age and she was bad to parade around in front of her boys and their friends in her underwear. I asked her to send my son home or at least outside until she was dressed if she didn't mind and she did comply. It was embarrassing her sons as well as mine.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Huh. Strange this topic should come up.

My mother-in-law was watching my daughter the day before I hosted Christmas dinner--and she thought it was hilarious that even though I'd given my daughter a bath that day, she gave her another one--and then let her in the shower with her while grandma's naked.

No.

Nobody can be around my daughter naked except for me--and even though she's 3, it's a very rare occasion. The MIL said "she wanted to take a shower, I didn't know what to do! I informed her that you can tell children "no." Had a long talk with the kid later.

If I had a boy, then I'd be fine with dad being naked around him, but I'd try to avoid it even more.

Call me a prude if you like, but everything doesn't fly with me when it comes to the kid.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

I see nothing wrong with it, but I was brought up in a nudist kibbutz.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Not a big deal around here. Now that they're older I close doors and cover up but when they were little I didn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I see nothing wrong with it, but I was brought up in a nudist kibbutz.
    Now I see why our zionist Mexican amigo is so fond of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

It's only ok if you are a stripper and it's "take your child to work" day.

Anything else is a slippery slope.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    It's only ok if you are a stripper and it's "take your child to work" day.

Anything else is a slippery slope.
    Do they still do those things where a parent comes in and gives a presentation about their career?
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Do they still do those things where a parent comes in and gives a presentation about their career?
    Common Core probably bans it to be fair to kids whose parents are on welfare.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Common Core probably bans it to be fair to kids whose parents are on welfare.
    That made me laugh...but then, you're probably right.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    They did that at my kids preschool this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    If you are feeling that way then its clear you arent a human if you have a sense of feeling uncomfortable being even nude in front of your own kids how would you some Americans handle a collapse?
    Actually it shows that they are human. Humans don't just come in one flavor, many of them are cowardly and prudish with no good common sense. We all know this by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    Actually it shows that they are human. Humans don't just come in one flavor, many of them are cowardly and prudish with no good common sense. We all know this by now.
    Please add me to the "cowardly and prudish" camp...
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Please add me to the "cowardly and prudish" camp...
    I could see prudish but I've never thought of you as being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.