Thread: Santorum: "Sex isn't a real problem for me."

Santorum: "Sex isn't a real problem for me."

Q. If you run [for the White House], lots of people are going to shriek about sex, Christianity and accuse you of being a wild-eyed social conservative. And that’ll shape the willingness of younger voters, urban voters, upper-income voters to pull the lever for you. What are you going to tell these guys?

I’ve spoken on a lot of college campuses and a lot of high schools, and [I've got] seven kids, so obviously sex isn’t a real problem for me — and so I would say that if you talk to young people, you know what they’re looking for? Someone who tells them the truth. No young person expects you to agree with them. Heck, they’re not even sure where they are on a lot of issues.

Q. If you run [for the White House], lots of people are going to shriek about sex, Christianity and accuse you of being a wild-eyed social conservative. And that’ll shape the willingness of younger voters, urban voters, upper-income voters to pull the lever for you. What are you going to tell these guys?

I’ve spoken on a lot of college campuses and a lot of high schools, and [I've got] seven kids, so obviously sex isn’t a real problem for me — and so I would say that if you talk to young people, you know what they’re looking for? Someone who tells them the truth. No young person expects you to agree with them. Heck, they’re not even sure where they are on a lot of issues.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would say that if you talk to young people, you know what they’re looking for? Someone who tells them the truth. No young person expects you to agree with them.
    So ... young people are looking for truth-tellers with whom they don't expect to agree?

I'm really glad my life doesn't depend on understanding what the hell this $#@! is jabbering about - 'coz I'd be a dead man if it did ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Hell I'm older than Frothy and I don't agree with or even understand a lot of his political philosophies....

So it isn't a youngster thing.

[I've got] seven kids, so obviously sex isn’t a real problem for me
    Got it - he has no problem finding "partners" and does not need to resort to volunteering to help run the boys choir...

That's not what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    That's not what she said.

Well, that's one headline I didn't really need to read today.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Hell I'm older than Frothy and I don't agree with or even understand a lot of his political philosophies....
    There's a Wikipedia page that sums them up pretty well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theocracy
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NACBA View Post
    [I've got] seven kids, so obviously sex isn’t a real problem for me
    Can't argue with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post

It's my experience that Rick doesn't understand his own religion well enough to be a good Theocrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I'm impressed that Frothy was ever elected to office. Was he like this back in PA?

Quote Originally Posted by Rothbardian Girl View Post
    Well, that's one headline I didn't really need to read today.
    F# A$ (infinity). Well, I'll be damned. Not the type of avatar I expected to see on RPF.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    I'm impressed that Frothy was ever elected to office. Was he like this back in PA?
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    It's my experience that Rick doesn't understand his own religion well enough to be a good Theocrat.
    This. Genuine Christian theocracy is more like Gary North or RJ Rushdoony. Santorum is just a neoconservative with external religous trappings.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by evilfunnystuff View Post
    The thing I hate most about that ad is how when people say "politics is like professional wrestling" they don't mean that the Democrats and Republicans are always fighting each other, it means the whole thing including the fighting is pretty much staged.. and this ad completely obfuscates that entire message. Another guy who is really good at doing crap like this is Huckabee.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I'll give Rick the benefit of the doubt and take his word that sex isn't a real problem with him.

Too bad being mentally insane is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.