Thread: Ted Cruz Warns Picking Jeb In 2016 Means Hillary Becomes President

Ted Cruz Warns Picking Jeb In 2016 Means Hillary Becomes President

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...illary-clinton

"If we nominate another candidate in the mold of a Bob Dole or a John McCain or a Mitt Romney — and let me be clear, all three of those men, they’re good men, they’re honorable men, they’re decent men, they’re men of character, they’re war heroes — but what they did didn’t work," Cruz told Politico. "It did not succeed. And if we nominate another candidate in that same mold, the same voters who stayed home in 2008 and 2012 will stay home in 2016, and Hillary Clinton is the next president."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't see Cruz being taken seriously after people viewing him as an obstructionist due to his actions that led to the shutdown and even over the Cromnibus bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    I don't see Cruz being taken seriously after people viewing him as an obstructionist due to his actions that led to the shutdown and even over the Cromnibus bill.
    But it's totally sucky that Ted Cruz is totally right. Jeb Bush = Mitt Romney = John McCain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Romney was in the military?
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    Romney was in the military?
    No, I noticed that weird statement too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

It's funny because nominating Cruz would hand the race to the Democratic nominee.

The Criminals-on-a-bus bill should have been obstructed. As that becomes more and more apparent it will help Ted Cruz. I'm not a Cruz fan, but hate on him for legit reasons.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jeb Bush would lose to Hillary because he wouldn't be able to get conservatives and tea partiers to turn out to vote, and Ted Cruz would lose to Hillary because he wouldn't be able to win over moderates and independents. Rand is the only candidate who will likely be running in 2016 who can both turn out the base and also win over moderates and independents.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The Criminals-on-a-bus bill should have been obstructed. As that becomes more and more apparent it will help Ted Cruz. I'm not a Cruz fan, but hate on him for legit reasons.
    People can and will hate on him for whatever reasons they choose. Like Cruz talking all night to delay the Affordable Care Act- it still got passed. And in this age where people are so sick of politicians- mostly Republicans- grandstanding and just going by fire and brimstone without having a leg to stand on, they will look at Cruz and think: obstructionist. And in the end, even if the bill shouldn't have been passed, the fact is it did. In the eyes of some, Cruz just delayed the inevitable and got nothing for it.

I watched that movie Top Five with Chris Rock the other night and there was a moment at the beginning where this chick said that our next President was going to be a woman.

HINT HINT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    It's funny because nominating Cruz would hand the race to the Democratic nominee.
    Exactly! I'm certainly closer to Ted Cruz than Jeb on most issues but nominating that fake conservative, fake liberty-loving fraud would absolutely destroy the liberty movement and dilute our message (if not destroy it entirely) in the eyes of the American people. In fact, there is probably a decent chance he was put exactly where he is to do exactly just that and herd the sheeple back into the land of the neo cons and self-appointed preachers.

And yet all the 20 Republican candidates will gang up on Rand just to make sure Jeb Bush becomes the nominee

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    And yet all the 20 Republican candidates will gang up on Rand just to make sure Jeb Bush becomes the nominee
    Like a school of starving piranhas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

No One But Paul.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

People can and will hate on him for whatever reasons they choose. Like Cruz talking all night to delay the Affordable Care Act- it still got passed. And in this age where people are so sick of politicians- mostly Republicans- grandstanding and just going by fire and brimstone without having a leg to stand on, they will look at Cruz and think: obstructionist. And in the end, even if the bill shouldn't have been passed, the fact is it did. In the eyes of some, Cruz just delayed the inevitable and got nothing for it.
    I think the oppositional stance taken by the Tea Party pols contributed to more Republicans getting elected in 2014, and more TP people getting in. Long term, Cruz looks better due to sticking his neck out when it mattered to try to stop the ACA Obamanation, as well as positioning himself to be the most visible opponent of the party establishment (whether that's consistently true or not). In other words, he got something for it.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The media + ignorant public = lethal combination.

The establishment doesn't care who wins as long as they will tow there bottom line.