Thread: TN City Bans Negative Social Media Comments About City Government, Employees, Contractors

TN City Bans Negative Social Media Comments About City Government, Employees, Contractors

http://benswann.com/tn-city-bans-neg...s-contractors/

At a December city commission meeting in South Pittsburg, TN, commissioners voted 4 to 1 to enact a policy forcing city contractors, employees, elected officials, and anyone doing business in any capacity with the city to sign an agreement stating that they will not make any negative comments on social media about the city or its employees, elected officials, and contractors.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.”— Harry Truman
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Exactly the sort of speech even the SCOTUS agrees the First Amendment is there to protect.

Wonder if South Pittsburg can afford Supreme Court-quality lawyers. Wonder if they're stupid enough to blow their resources on the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

That's near Chattanooga and they were always a little strange. Their great claim to fame is the largest fireworks superstore in the world or something like that.
    #NashvilleStrong

ďIím a doctor. Thatís a baby.Ē~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Exactly the sort of speech even the SCOTUS agrees the First Amendment is there to protect.

Wonder if South Pittsburg can afford Supreme Court-quality lawyers. Wonder if they're stupid enough to blow their resources on the same.
    I'm sure they can afford it not sure if the tax payers can. They will spare no expense silencing their opposition.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Wait a minute...this applies to employees and contractors.

Why can't they force you to shut up on FedBook?

I thought the agreed upon position here was that an employer can pretty much demand anything of you, and if you don't like it, $#@! off and hit the road.

Pay to Play...

You want government contracts and taxpayer's money, you will shut up and kiss the emperor's feet(government). Government takes all the control and zero responsibility for their failures/incompetence/negligence.

Sounds about right...
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

There's like 50 people living in S. Pittsburg.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Wait a minute...this applies to employees and contractors.

Why can't they force you to shut up on FedBook?

I thought the agreed upon position here was that an employer can pretty much demand anything of you, and if you don't like it, $#@! off and hit the road.
    Actually, I just noticed it said doing business WITH the city, not WITHIN it. Even still, they're operating with public money... stolen money... That matters.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Meh, pretty sure I would get fired if I bitched about my employer on facebook.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Popular Speech will never need the protections afforded by the First Amendment.

Unpopular Speech is exactly why the First Amendment is our most important Amendment, above even our critically precious 2nd Amendment. Our 2nd Amendment is a Backup Plan to the First Amendment.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Forcing elected officials to sign a contract banning them from criticizing government or other elected officials has the effect of forcing everyone to agree with the mayor and the majority on the board, as any opposition that emerges will inevitably be accused of violating the rule.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

Opinions are NOT Crimes.

Expressing those Opinions is NOT a Crime. In fact, it is considered to be our most important Right and Responsibility.

These $#@!s that want to ban the Expression of Opinions ought take a good long hard look at themselves and think well about whether or not there is a legitimate reason that people would express a negative opinion of them to begin with.

If they refuse to acknowledge their own faults and failures, then what they are trying to legalize is a Violation of the Constitutional Rights of the Individual by taking the step that we all have known in some form is coming, actual Thought Crimes bearing such a Label.

Thought Criminal = Terrorist

Disobedient = Terrorist

Difference of Opinion with Govt Official = Terrorist

Hate who you are told to hate and become violent with those who do not, will not, or can not submit themsevles into total submission. Hate your other Mundanes for whatever reason you are given and follow the Flock of Sheeple, lest they are the ones to nip and bite at you. They will be the ones to point out to the Sheepleherders that said sheep needs to be dealt with quickly and severely.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.