Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is This ‘Bullet-Looking Missile Thing’ Along a Colorado Highway?

What Is This ‘Bullet-Looking Missile Thing’ Along a Colorado Highway?

Any ideas?

A “bullet-looking missile thing” along a highway south of Boulder, Colorado, has residents and passersby asking, “what in the world is that?”

According to Boulder County News, the mystery object has been set up since December 8. Mark McDade drove by it all week on his way to and from work at the National Wind Technology Center and on Wednesday morning, finally stopped to try and find out more.

“I asked (one person) if it was military technology, and he said, ‘No.’ Then I asked him if it was commercial proprietary, and he literally kept his mouth shut. The hush-hush nature of the whole thing is what really got me curious,” McDade told the paper.

Lakewood resident John Henry also noticed what he described as a “bullet-looking missile thing” while driving from Broomfield, Colorado, about 13 miles south of Boulder. Henry said he spotted a second one along the same highway just 8 miles south of town. But Henry’s “not too worried about it,” despite not knowing what it is.

Spokeswoman Suzanne Smith for the security technology company Lockheed Martin provided a subtle clue on Thursday as to what the curious object might be. Smith reportedly wrote in an email that the company is “just testing one of its sensor technologies.”

Smith wouldn’t elaborate any further, saying the information is “competition-sensitive” but she did say the project was approved by the Colorado Department of Transportation and is being funded by the company.

Lockheed Martin ended the “testing” Thursday, according to Smith.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...orado-highway/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's the official state dildo (or suppository). Your choice.

Silly Suzanimal, can't she tell?

Its a Bullet-looking missile thing along a Colorado highway of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

i bet we'd find out what it was if it disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    It's the official state dildo (or suppository). Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    We might not, but someone sure as hell would

its a weather balloon. move along.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    In my area it would have been sold for scrap by kids if left unattended on a highway over night , most likely , especially so if it were known to be hwy dept and not private property .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    In my area it would have been sold for scrap by kids if left unattended on a highway over night , most likely , especially so if it were known to be hwy dept and not private property .
    I don't think it was left alone, there's a Porta Potty next to it in CPUd's pic.

Rocky Flats is on that highway...
    South of Boulder.

There is also a lot of classified stuff on both sides if the highway. Some underground, some out of view behind hills.

-t

Lockheed Martin? Hmm.

Well, it could be something as simple as a doodad to measure wind velocity or UV levels... but I doubt it.

The thing looks a helluva lot like the front nose/sensor array of an aircraft missile. I'm guessing they were testing some experimental form of missile guidance. To do it in such a public place would indicate they were probably testing it on something most easily found in public. Possibly trying to lock in on a weak guidance signal amidst a whole lot of urban EM hash?

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    Lockheed Martin? Hmm.

Well, it could be something as simple as a doodad to measure wind velocity or UV levels... but I doubt it.

The thing looks a helluva lot like the front nose/sensor array of an aircraft missile. I'm guessing they were testing some experimental form of missile guidance. To do it in such a public place would indicate they were probably testing it on something most easily found in public. Possibly trying to lock in on a weak guidance signal amidst a whole lot of urban EM hash?
    probably developing target tracking for vehicles. designate random vehicle X and let's see if it will track all the way down.

I bet it's a Geiger counter.

Radioactive contamination from the Rocky Flats Plant
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioac...ky_Flats_Plant

The Rocky Flats Plant, a former U.S. nuclear weapons production facility located about 15 miles northwest of Denver, caused radioactive (primarily plutonium, americium, and uranium) contamination within and outside its boundaries.[1] The contamination primarily resulted from two major plutonium fires in 1957 and 1969 (plutonium is pyrophoric and shavings can spontaneously combust) and from wind-blown plutonium that leaked from barrels of radioactive waste. Much lower concentrations of radioactive isotopes were released throughout the operational life of the plant from 1952 to 1992, from smaller accidents and from normal operational releases of plutonium particles too small to be filtered. Prevailing winds from the plant carried airborne contamination south and east, into populated areas northwest of Denver.

The contamination of the Denver area by plutonium from the fires and other sources was not publicly reported until the 1970s. According to a 1972 study coauthored by Edward Martell, "In the more densely populated areas of Denver, the Pu contamination level in surface soils is several times fallout", and the plutonium contamination "just east of the Rocky Flats plant ranges up to hundreds of times that from nuclear tests."[2] As noted by Carl Johnson in Ambio, "Exposures of a large population in the Denver area to plutonium and other radionuclides in the exhaust plumes from the plant date back to 1953."[3]

Weapons production at the plant was halted after a combined FBI and EPA raid in 1989 and years of protests. The plant has since been shut down, with its buildings demolished and completely removed from the site. The Rocky Flats Plant was declared a Superfund site in 1989 and began its transformation to a cleanup site in February 1992. Removal of the plant and surface contamination was largely completed in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Nearly all underground contamination was left in place, and measurable radioactive environmental contamination in and around Rocky Flats will probably persist for thousands of years. The land formerly occupied by the plant is now the Rocky Flats National Wildlife Refuge. Plans to make this refuge accessible for recreation have been repeatedly delayed due to lack of funding[4] and protested by citizen organizations.[5]

The Department of Energy continues to fund monitoring of the site, but private groups and researchers remain concerned about the extent and long-term public health consequences of the contamination.[6][7][8][9] Estimates of the public health risk caused by the contamination vary significantly, with accusations that the United States government is being too secretive and that citizen activists are being alarmist.[10]

-t

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    probably developing target tracking for vehicles. designate random vehicle X and let's see if it will track all the way down.
    Vehicle tracking was my first thought, but the full story at the link mentioned the device was pointing toward town. I had the impression it wasn't pointed at traffic. Of course, now that I think about it, maybe it was pointed along a road going into town....

At any rate, I'll bet the engineer who put the thing into a scary-looking casing probably caught a good reaming when the picture and story broke. They could have put the whole thing in a big generic box and kept it out of view right there in the same spot.

Freedom seeking missile.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Somewhat off topic...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_M...injection_well

Deep injection well[edit]
    RMA contained a deep injection well that was constructed in 1961.[4] It was drilled to a depth of 12,045 feet (3671 m). The well was cased and sealed to a depth of 11,975 feet (3650 m), with the remaining 70 feet (21 m) left as an open hole for the injection of Basin F liquids. For testing purposes, the well was injected with approximately 568,000 US gallons (2150 m³) of city water prior to injecting any waste. The injected fluids had very little potential for reaching the surface or usable groundwater supply since the injection point had 11,900 feet (3630 m) of rock above it and was sealed at the opening. The Army discontinued use of the well in February 1966 because the fluid injection triggered a series of earthquakes in the area.[4][5] The well remained unused until 1985 when the Army permanently sealed the disposal well.
    Can you say fracking?

-t

Is this the gun shot location crap they've been rolling out?
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    No

http://www.safetydynamics.net/

Safety Dynamics Completes LA Sheriff's Installation of Gunshot Detection
    Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca, Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton and other police officials gathered at a news conference to announce the completion of work to install Safety Dynamics' SENTRI gunshot detection for urban crime prevention in the city of Compton. SENTRI units consisting of a camera and four microphones were scattered all over town a month ago, officials said. "As soon as it hears shots fired, boom, the cameras turn," said sheriff's Lt. Scott Edson. The SENTRI unit is able to detect shots fired from within a quarter-mile radius and can even distinguish the type of rounds fired, said sheriff's Lt. David Telley. The unit employs neural networks, so it can listen for the temporal pattern of a gunshot and ignore similar sounds, like a bus backfire. The Sheriff's Department had tried similar technology, but Edson said the older equipment does not have cameras, only listening devices. "It's going to be like another eye for us, which will help us apprehend any suspects," Deputy Tony Bowie said of the new technology.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index_006.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	3508

-t

Is it on government property, or private property?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Colorado?....its a giant reefer tester.

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    Nah , those look like man made mistle toe with $#@!ing tinkerbells .

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Is it on government property, or private property?
    Why does that matter if it is stealing private property ? Why does the govt have property ?

Let's think about this logically. Why would they put a random sensor right next to a highway, rather than isolated out in the middle of the desert? Or in a laboratory?

It must have something to do with cars. That's why it was next to a road. That's why it was next to a highway, rather than a minor road (lots of cars). We know the sensor must be raised above ground level. Notice that it also has a swivel to allow it to easily adjust it's orientation, possibly indicating that it is measuring something directional. The metal case provides durability, but it could also provide electromagnetic shielding for delicate instrumentation, which we can assert due to the power cables leading into the device.

Notice also how there appear to be holes in the side of the metal casing, that look like air intakes. It appears that there is also a small hole in the tip. These intakes could be simply ventilation for computer hardware inside, but more likely it's to sample the air. I would also assert that the shape of the device is not yet finished. It looks crude, and cobbled together, not a polished product. This is possibly an "alpha" stage equipment test that they threw down next to a highway just to gather some data and check their results.

All of this would lead me to believe that this is a primitive air quality/CO2 sensor, that is positioned in such a way as to maximize airflow (also explains the shape). Possibly they are planning to contract in the new "green jobs" sector? Perhaps this is simply a sensor to be used with R&D for their own technologies.

---------------------------------

Something interesting you should note however. I googled for "Lockheed Martin Boulder Colorado", and it appears that the largest operation they have in that city is related to Cybersecurity and Information Technology. If this project is related to that, gathering metadata, or perhaps even radio frequency data from the traffic, this could be the tip of the iceberg for some major surveillance state stuff. Perhaps the air intakes and shape of the device are simply for coolant for a powerful computer and RF sensors (would explain E&M shielding) that are intended to pick up telephone calls, text messages, and wifi signals from the traffic.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    It has tracking devices. If it is Lockheed and important, the helicopters would be on you in no time.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Looks like a target to me.

Last edited by pcosmar; 12-17-2014 at 08:48 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    "shoot each of the bulbous sensors and gtfo" or "shoot the stalk and gtfo"

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "shoot each of the bulbous sensors and gtfo" or "shoot the stalk and gtfo"
    How about approach the base and sever the cable. Or recon the base and trace the cable back to a place where a break will be hard to find. I mean, by the time you are shooting the sensors you may as well just blow the pole and take the sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    How about approach the base and sever the cable. Or recon the base and trace the cable back to a place where a break will be hard to find. I mean, by the time you are shooting the sensors you may as well just blow the pole and take the sensors.
    but but, what if they find out marijuana negates the effect of flouride?...

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    but but, what if they find out marijuana negates the effect of flouride?...
    Oh I hope so...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast