The common people know what they want, and are getting it good and hard.

http://www.strike-the-root.com/reval...9t-own-in-2011

Said one resident: “I’m a bleeding heart liberal, and I believe in taxes. But that’s the most outrageous thing I’ve ever heard – downright un-American.” Maybe she should reevalute her beliefs.
Claire Williams thought her Mecklenburg County property taxes on the Steele Creek patio home she bought in September 2012 were paid up.

But late last month, she opened a $308 county tax bill that said the property had been undervalued during the mistake-riddled 2011 revaluation and that she owed back taxes for 2011 and several months in 2012 – when she didn’t even own her home.

Williams, 69, just assumed it was a clerical error.

“I did call and told them ‘I could not possibly owe these taxes. ...’ And the poor woman I spoke to said, ‘Oh, no, you do owe it.’ If she told me once, she told me five times, ‘The taxes follow the property,’ not the previous owner.

“I’m a bleeding heart liberal, and I believe in taxes. But that’s the most outrageous thing I’ve ever heard – downright un-American.”

[...]
Back taxes for undervalued properties that changed ownership will bring the county about $256,000, Joyner said. The bills will be delinquent after Jan. 6, at which time interest will start to accrue if they aren’t fully paid, he said.

The county, he said, is bound by state law to send bills to current owners of undervalued properties – not the previous owners. Yet if a property is overvalued, refunds go to whoever wrote the check.