Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cop Tickets Harvard Grad For Playing ‘F--- Tha Police’ in His Car

Cop Tickets Harvard Grad For Playing ‘F--- Tha Police’ in His Car

According to one Florida cop, people can now be penalized for playing anti-cop songs in his very presence, because, whatever, “rights.”

Hialeah cop Harold Garzon made this snap judgement over Thanksgiving break, when “double Harvard grad” and current law student Cesar Baldelomar happened to pull up next to him as he filed paperwork from a recent traffic accident. And unfortunately for the both of them, “$#@! Tha Police” happened to be playing:

At that moment, another song came on Baldelomar’s stereo. “$#@! tha police/Comin’ straight from the underground,” N.W.A. rapped. “A young n**** got it bad cause I’m brown / And not the other color so police think / they have the authority to kill a minority.”
    Then came the song’s eponymous refrain — “$#@! tha police!” — four times in a row.
    “Really?” Garzon said to Baldelomar through his open car window. “You’re really playing that song? Pull over.”
    Baldelomar quickly pointed out that, despite the lyrics, he was legally allowed to play “$#@! Tha Police” as loudly as he wanted. “In 2012 the state supreme court struck down any law banning loud music,” Baldelomar told the Miami New Times. “I knew that because it was a case I had actually studied in law school.” (And yes, Baldelomar is right!)

That didn’t stop Garzon from giving him three tickets: One for not wearing a seatbelt, one for driving a car with Massachusetts license plates (he’s from Massachusetts), and one for not having a paper copy of his insurance information. Baldelomar plans on fighting all of these tickets in court, since he’s positive he didn’t break any laws, and argues that this incident is just another example of policemen abusing their authority.

“I’m educated. I know my rights. And I speak English, so I can fight this,” he said. “But what about when this happens to someone who’s not so lucky? Policing has to change in this country.”

(Fun fact: Garzon has had 16 internal affairs cases filed against him in the 17 years since he joined the Hialeah Police Department.)

http://www.mediaite.com/online/cop-t...ce-in-his-car/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

lol sorry if this is inappropriate, I find humor in this . That cop is trying to enforce what he/she perceives as bad behavior

Cop wins mundane loses. Mundane has to go to court. Probably loses on the seatbelt ticket. Has to prove he had insurance.

He's probably screwed on the seatbelt ticket. No proof of insurance might go away if he shows proof in court. If he resides in FL and his car is registered in MA he's guilty there. You generally get 30 days or so to change your license and plates. But if he changes it before court and shows proof it will probably get dismissed.

Chris Rock says it best-

turn that $#@! off

I listen to NWA in the car too sometimes too, I've liked them since the 80's, but seriously turn that $#@! off if you drive past a cop. It's not worth the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    He's probably screwed on the seatbelt ticket. No proof of insurance might go away if he shows proof in court. If he resides in FL and his car is registered in MA he's guilty there. You generally get 30 days or so to change your license and plates. But if he changes it before court and shows proof it will probably get dismissed.

Chris Rock says it best-

turn that $#@! off

I listen to NWA in the car too sometimes too, I've liked them since the 80's, but seriously turn that $#@! off if you drive past a cop. It's not worth the hassle.
    Thanks for sharing your ideas on how to combat the police state.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Hiding ones opinion is not a sustainable solution with the End of Privacy.

Eventually, Cops will be able to just hit "search" and find everyone who listens to "$#@! the Police". The failure of the system here falls partly on the Cops because they completely fail to understand WHY anyone would embrace the phrase "$#@! the Police".

Downward Spiral.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

HE GOT WEED HE GOT WEEEEEEED!!

I'm sure that 69360 is probably right.

He probably confronts the police state in his own way,

with suction and saliva.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So you think the police are abusive.

But you purposely put yourself in a situation that would cause an interaction with them.

Then complain about the result.

Darwin award. Or in libertarian speak "am I being detained?"

Chris Rock says it best-

turn that $#@! off

If Americans were like you, everyone would still be talking with a British accent right now.

translated.
    -Albert Camus

So, Chris Rock is a copsucker, his squeaky voice is annoying too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Chris Rock says it best-

turn that $#@! off

$#@! your 1st Amendment rights and censor yourself or you might hurt a cops feelings. Thanks.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

So you think the police are abusive.

But you purposely put yourself in a situation that would cause an interaction with them.

Then complain about the result.

So, don't do that and cower in fear of the police state instead. Again. Thanks for your wonderful keyboard diarrhea.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Last time I got pulled over I had "$#@! the Police" playing. When I see them, it's usually my go to song.

Don't much listen to NWA, though.

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

You all are good for a laugh yet again. You know I don't take any of you keyboard cowboys seriously about your alleged bravado in dealing with the police right?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You all are good for a laugh yet again. You know I don't take any of you keyboard cowboys seriously about your alleged bravado in dealing with the police right?
    Believe what you will. When I see them, I turn on "$#@! the Police."

Last one didn't say a goddamn thing about it. Gave me a repair order to remove a clear cover on my license plate. Guess what? It'll be a cold goddamn day in hell before I remove it.

Same as the time before that, my window tint has to go. Well guess what? The last pig didn't say a damn thing about my tint being dark as ever. $#@!ing jokes.

You kiss ass all you want. They're still liable to smack you in the head or worse.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

It is what it is. Pull me over sometime. Visit my house at 0-Dark Thirty. We'll talk.

Cops today wouldn't get my songs.

Last edited by phill4paul; 12-15-2014 at 06:59 PM.

You do realize that this is a valid and neccessary legal question?

Due to recent SCOTUS rulings, you must positively affirm your right to remain silent, and that affirmation does not apply if you are not "being detained".

What is your issue here?
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

You are the battered wife that believes her husband beats her because he loves her too much. You get what you put up with. SHHH be quiet when a man's around, know your role woman.

lol at people claiming they go out of their way to agitate others and criticizing someone who doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    lol at people claiming they go out of their way to agitate others and criticizing someone who doesn't.
    They go out of their way to agitate others.

Those who 'agitate' them, that is, engage in activity clearly defined within the First Amendment, or rather, their natural right to express themselves as they so choose, who are targeted by the police for said expression would be the victim.

Not the police. And not someone who has throughout the years expressed his acquiescence to kiss ass in the hope all is let go after said fact.

Maybe we should have a "how to avoid confrontation" sub-forum, complete with knee-pads to prevent chafing.
    -Albert Camus

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Maybe we should have a "how to avoid confrontation" sub-forum, complete with knee-pads to prevent chafing.
    Oh right I forgot a bunch of yall are internet tough guys. It's easy to write about how you'll stand up to these authorities but I sure as hell don't see any of you doing it. So continue on pretending...

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    They go out of their way to agitate others.

Those who 'agitate' them, that is, engage in activity clearly defined within the First Amendment, or rather, their natural right to express themselves as they so choose, who are targeted by the police for said expression would be the victim.

Not the police. And not someone who has throughout the years expressed his acquiescence to kiss ass in the hope all is let go after said fact.
    There's a big difference between kissing ass and not going out of your way to agitate someone. I never said you don't have the right to do it but that is no reason to belittle someone for choosing not to.

Oh right I forgot a bunch of yall are internet tough guys. It's easy to write about how you'll stand up to these authorities but I sure as hell don't see any of you doing it. So continue on pretending...
    You understand that this thread is about someone's rights being violated by a public employee, and that "you shouldn't have annoyed him" isn't a meaningful response?
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    You understand that this thread is about someone's rights being violated by a public employee, and that "you shouldn't have annoyed him" isn't a meaningful response?
    I understand that but I still don't see why it is necessary to belittle someone who chooses or advocates to avoid confrontation. If you value your life it is probably the smartest thing to do. Obviously what the cop did wasn't right but is 69360 wrong? How many articles are posted on here about police crossing the line/being abusive/killing someone? Instead of belittling someone explain what you plan on accomplishing by doing it and how it is smarter than the alternative.

There's a big difference between kissing ass and not going out of your way to agitate someone. I never said you don't have the right to do it but that is no reason to belittle someone for choosing not to.
    First, to hell with their agitation. They go out of their way to agitate people.

As to 69630, it's the same M.O. irrespective of the pragmatic view of not stepping on toes.

It's been old.

Same as the "just move" crowd.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast