Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kiss Your Grass-Fed Beef Goodbye! GMO Grass About to Be Approved

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    You are just an ideologue propaganda machine, working for those that are lobbying to make the government take over the food.

You should $#@!ing be banned.

You're still okay with Monsanto, Bayer and that bunch teaming up with Koch network and buying up congressmen (government) like Mike Pompeo to enforce industry penned legislation to take over the food supply that way, though. Right? You're okay with a mercantilist model. Right? We like when the federal government is used by these industries to void states rights? Yes? I just want to be clear on that. I mean, as long as it pays off for you. Right? Lobbying to make the government take over the food is okay if you're getting some sort of return on it. Amirite? Potty mouth?

Angela, I'm going to tell you something that they don't tell you on your "science" forum. Everything that we see happening at the momement with regard to the political maneuvering of these industries by way of the federal government here in the states is reactionary. These are defense mechanisms to establish a self assuring position of relevance in the only nation on the planet where government is susceptible enough to corporate repatriation that they can function in this way. And your TPP won't fly either. Uh-uh. Nope. That won't work for them. Western agribusiness won't be able to use that thing to sue away the sovereignty of nations or citizens of nations if their laws impede the establishment of a foothold and profits of these industries who want to bully their way into those regions like they did here in the states. BRICs and other competitive non-gmo nations are awake to that piece of western corporate screed.

Genetic modification of food is a geo-political issue now, angela. And there is no turning back from that reality. The standard will not be set by western agribusiness. Look around at the rest of the world. Pay attention. And reconsider your portfolio, dear. At the moment we're seeing historic losses by these industries as a result of what I've mentioned here (and elsewhere arounfd the board) and they're beginning to eat one another through the courts as well.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 12-15-2014 at 05:50 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    You're still okay with Monsanto, Bayer and that bunch teaming up with Koch network and buying up congressmen (government) like Mike Pompeo to enforce industry penned legislation to take over the food supply that way, though. Right? You're okay with a mercantilist model. Right? We like when the federal government is used by these industries to void states rights? Yes? I just want to be clear on that. I mean, as long as it pays off for you. Right? Lobbying to make the government take over the food is okay if you're getting some sort of return on it. Amirite? Potty mouth?

Angela, I'm going to tell you something that they don't tell you on your "science" forum. Everything that we see happening at the momement with regard to the political maneuvering of these industries by way of the federal government here in the states is reactionary. These are defense mechanisms to establish a self assuring position of relevance in the only nation on the planet where government is susceptible enough to corporate repatriation that they can function in this way. And your TPP won't fly either. Uh-uh. Nope. That won't work for them. Western agribusiness won't be able to use that thing to sue away the sovereignty of nations or citizens of nations if their laws impede the establishment of a foothold and profits of these industries who want to bully their way into those regions like they did here in the states. BRICs and other competitive non-gmo nations are awake to that piece of western corporate screed.

Genetic modification of food is a geo-political issue now, angela. And there is no turning back from that reality. The standard will not be set by western agribusiness. Look around at the rest of the world. Pay attention. And reconsider your portfolio, dear. At the moment we're seeing historic losses by these industries as a result of what I've mentioned here (and elsewhere arounfd the board) and they're beginning to eat one another through the courts as well.
    I think she was just asking donnay to back up the claim of GMO grass made in the OP instead of continually posting material from her newsfeed.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No cattle farmer is going to pay to plant grass with round-up protection. Why? Because cattle don't care if there are weeds in the grass. Cattle eat weeds. The only grass that might be round-up immune is landscaping grass.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Well said.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I think she was just asking donnay to back up the claim of GMO grass made in the OP instead of continually posting material from her newsfeed.
    I have her on ignore. The only time I see what she is saying is when people quote her. I will not respond to someone whose only intent to respond to one of my threads is to maliciously go after me. Those are schoolyard bully tactics...I didn't put up with that when I was a kid and I am sure as hell not putting up with it as an adult.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I will not respond to someone whose only intent to respond to one of my threads is to maliciously go after me. Those are schoolyard bully tactics...
    Reminds me of the time that I read this old article. Heh...

Once upon a time, it seemed as if the Internet would be a place of civilized and open debate; now, unedited forums often deteriorate into insult exchanges.

Like it or not, this matters: Multiple experiments have shown that perceptions of an article, its writer, or its subject can be profoundly shaped by anonymous online commentary, especially if it is harsh. One group of researchers found that rude comments “not only polarized readers, but they often changed a participant's interpretation of the news story itself.”

A digital analyst at Atlantic Media also discovered that people who read negative comments were more likely to judge that an article was of low quality and, regardless of the content, to doubt the truth of what it stated.

If all of this commentary were spontaneous, then this would simply be an interesting psychological phenomenon. But it is not. A friend who worked for a public relations company in Europe tells of companies that hire people to post, anonymously, positive words on behalf of their clients and negative words about rivals.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...anonymous.html

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    No cattle farmer is going to pay to plant grass with round-up protection. Why? Because cattle don't care if there are weeds in the grass. Cattle eat weeds. The only grass that might be round-up immune is landscaping grass.
    They also have GMO alfalfa--which cattle also eat. The point is, this stuff can blow on fields contaminating it unknowingly. These Biotech corporations have no regard for those farmers/ranchers who choose to organically grow or raise their animals.
    Last edited by donnay; 12-15-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Reminds me of the time that I read this old article. Heh...

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...anonymous.html
    Bingo.

Damage control is right, look how fast they sent out Angela..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

They also have GMO alfalfa--which cattle also eat.
    Dairy cattle in feed lots. Not free-range beef cattle nor free-range Irish dairy cattle.

As for the "contamination" from wind-blown pollen, that concerns me not at all when talking about round-up ready crops. Round-up ready crops are a problem because they are sprayed with round-up. A field of grass grazed by cattle is not going to be sprayed with round-up even if some of it is pollinated with GM grass from the golf course next door.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pretty much all kinds of GMO organisms are alive in laboratories, it's even a standard thing to learn people doing anything biology related now. We worked on manipulating e-coli to start with, and the labs we're talking about are minimal safety level, just lab-coats and safety glasses, plain open worktop with a bunsen burner (yellow flame) which should sorta sterilize the air around. Still it's clear that these bacteria DO escape. My point is that there have been GMO's of a lot of different creatures for well, decades now. There are so far only a few GMO's that have been approved for use outside of an industrial or laboratory setting. Pretty much any life sciences university has labs where they test GMO's.

In case you are really worried, you can stop worrying, pandoras box has already been opened. I personally am not too afraid, I have more problems with the giant multinationals using government in order to gain a bigger market share in the global food market than their actual products. These may be bad or worse on an individual basis but it's the SOP of these businesses that I have a problem with.
    "I am a bird"

Good grief, get a grip.

Teh Colliz doesn't even warrant this level of abuse.

Don't read her threads if they annoy you so much.

So after hearing you bitch for 7 awful $#@!ing years that plant modification achieved with hybrid breeding techniques is NOT the same as GMO modification, now you're going to post some crap and insist that it is absolutely the same thing? But of course, you're not provide a shred of evidence to support that allegation.

(And you're going to pat yourself on the back for "discovering" that prussic acid is another name for hydrogen cyanide, too? Priceless!)

You should $#@!ing be banned.

I have her on ignore. The only time I see what she is saying is when people quote her. I will not respond to someone whose only intent to respond to one of my threads is to maliciously go after me. Those are schoolyard bully tactics...I didn't put up with that when I was a kid and I am sure as hell not putting up with it as an adult.

Asking for evidence and pointing out that she has nothing to back up her wild assertions is bullying. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Good grief, get a grip.

Teh Colliz doesn't even warrant this level of abuse.

Don't read her threads if they annoy you so much.
    Nothing she posts belongs on a libertarian political forum. She is a troll and she should be banned.

Nothing she posts belongs on a libertarian political forum. She is a troll and she should be banned.
    There are no trolls here

In many forums there are often individuals who decry others as "troll" and the like. While this may be mildly entertaining and accurate, there are often problems with this tactic to maintaining good community decorum.

My personal philosophy is that there are no trolls, there is just troll behavior. Claiming someone to be a troll assumes you understand the intent of the poster, in our case here, if they are truly a supporter of Dr. Paul or not.

Here at RPFs.com, in this campaign of freedom and peace we do not want to assign people into groups such as if they really support Dr. Paul or not or if they are a troll or not. However, if there is disruptive behavior it should be dealt with. It doesn't manner if the people truly support Dr. Paul or not- we can never really know that but we can study and understand how individuals deceptively engage in troll behavior to incite disruptions against our campaign objectives (different than healthy debate and disagreement). The goal of the forum guidelines and sub-forum structure has been crafted to best deal with issues of disruptive behavior to the forum community and they can continue to be refined, suggestions are always welcome:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Some people argue that we should quickly ban disruptive users, in some cases it may be justified but in other cases if we banned Dr. Paul supporters who are engaging in postings that are possibly harmful to the campaign they'd just go elsewhere and continue to do the same. So in my view, it is an asset to the campaign for the more wise and politically experienced users to help lead the way.

As Bradley in DC stated so wonderful in his "Supporters taking it to the next level" marquee piece: we are the leaders and ambassadors - we need to act like it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22808

Thank you, and good day.

I would disagree completely, and feel that donnay is easily among the most informative and interesting posters here.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12