Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dems, It’s Time to Dump Dixie

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Dems, It’s Time to Dump Dixie

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ump-dixie.html

"With Mary Landrieu’s ignominious exit, the Democrats will have lost their last senator in the Deep South. And that’s a good thing. They should write it off—because they don’t need it.

I don’t remember a much sadder sight in domestic politics in my lifetime than that of Mary Landrieu schlumpfing around these last few weeks trying to save a Senate seat that was obviously lost. It was like witnessing the last two weeks of the life of a blind and toothless dog you knew the vet was just itching to destroy. I know that sounds mean about her, but I don’t intend it that way. She did what she could and had, as far as I know, an honorable career. I do, however, intend it to sound mean about the reactionary, prejudice-infested place she comes from. A toothless dog is a figure of sympathy. A vet who takes pleasure in gassing it is not.

And that is what Louisiana, and almost the entire South, has become. The victims of the particular form of euthanasia it enforces with such glee are tolerance, compassion, civic decency, trans-racial community, the crucial secular values on which this country was founded… I could keep this list going. But I think you get the idea. Practically the whole region has rejected nearly everything that’s good about this country and has become just one big nuclear waste site of choleric, and extremely racialized, resentment. A fact made even sadder because on the whole they’re such nice people! (I truly mean that.)

With Landrieu’s departure, the Democrats will have no more senators from the Deep South, and I say good. Forget about it. Forget about the whole fetid place. Write it off. Let the GOP have it and run it and turn it into Free-Market Jesus Paradise. The Democrats don’t need it anyway."
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Like that's a bad thing. Maybe it will finally get through the thick skulls of the rest of the country that the South is not made up of ignorant hayseeds. We have intelligence, faith, and sophistication. Do you know there are seven large hospitals in my city? A dozen colleges? Banks? Publishing? Marketing? We are diverse and wonderful people who love the lifestyle and opportunities of living in the South.

We love our politics, but we love independence more. Life is more than politics.

We are happy for the northern liberals to leave us alone. Please. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

You could just let them secede.

Please hold the confetti. It's not like we traded Mary Landrieu and other Dems before her for freedom and liberty. Our GOP candidates are more like Rick Santorum than Ron Paul.

Let the GOP have it and run it and turn it into Free-Market Jesus Paradise.
    There's a first ... Free Market and GOP being used in the same sentence.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Ever seen a kid get beat at playing a game time and time again, only to finally get up in a huff and declare that he never wanted to play in the first place and it's a stupid game anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    You could just let them secede.
    /thread. free association ftw.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, the Democratic Party is now making itself irrelevant faster than the GOP. We did that. Now if we can only finish taming the monster whose life we did save...

Edit: Well, I say we did that. But we didn't make liberals fools, and we didn't push a divide and conquer agenda to the point where their useful idiots are writing off the very votes that give them the illusion of legitimacy.

Let's see if we can spin this:

Democrats: We don't need southern votes. We have Diebold!
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-14-2014 at 09:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well, the Democratic Party is now making itself irrelevant faster than the GOP. We did that. Now if we can only finish taming the monster whose life we did save...

starting April 2015. Coming to a meet-up near you.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    You have banks?!
    You'd be amazed.

Radio and TV, too.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    You'd be amazed.

Radio and TV, too.
    C'mon, really?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Please hold the confetti. It's not like we traded Mary Landrieu and other Dems before her for freedom and liberty. Our GOP candidates are more like Rick Santorum than Ron Paul.
    You can't make any changes if you don't win cajun. You can't score if the other team has the ball. You can't...........eh, never mind.........
    "The Patriarch"

Like that's a bad thing.
    Less choice is a bad thing.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Dixie, it's time to dump Dems.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Less choice is a bad thing.
    Don't worry about it. By the time we get through expunging the RINOs from the GOP, the Democratic Party will have plenty of new blood to bolster it and keep it going.

Of course, it still won't be a rational choice. But it'll still be a choice.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post

With Landrieu’s departure, the Democrats will have no more senators from the Deep South, and I say good. Forget about it. Forget about the whole fetid place. Write it off. Let the GOP have it and run it and turn it into Free-Market Jesus Paradise. The Democrats don’t need it anyway."
    That would be really nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    That would be really nice.
    You know they don't really mean it. It sounds like the railings of an abusive husband at the wife who finally had enough and left him. He lost his whipping post and he can't stand it.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    You know they don't really mean it. It sounds like the railings of an abusive husband at the wife who finally had enough and left him. He lost his whipping post and he can't stand it.
    Well, Wendy Davis managed to turn Texas redder. You can't say they don't get results when they pour millions into a race...

In all seriousness though, in the South, Libs get more bang for their buck supporting RINO'S in primaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

as far as I know, an honorable career.
    ???? Well then, you dont know $#@!. Case closed.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

The South is a wonderful blend of old and new. With manners, a smile, and a friendly twang. People like their space and live with a relaxed intentionality.

Enjoy the gravy and sweet tea. Be a good neighbor. Pet the dog often.
    #NashvilleStrong

The South is a wonderful blend of old and new. With manners, a smile, and a friendly twang. People like their space and live with a relaxed intentionality.

Enjoy the gravy and sweet tea. Be a good neighbor. Pet the dog often.
    The South is a place where, 'Be a good neighbor,' does not mean calling the government down on their heads. It means helping them yourself. And we're tired of being robbed of the resources we need to do just that so the richest banks in the world can get bailouts, rebates of gambling losses, and free first aid kits.

That make us crazy?

A toothless dog is a figure of sympathy. A vet who takes pleasure in gassing it is not.
    Retiring an incompetent member of Congress = killing a dog. You betcha.

I assume this equation only applies if said member of Congress wears that capital D next to his or her name...

The "Rs" can go away, too if they want to ruin lives through government. The government built a big golf course in Lamar Alexander's home county. He can retire and go play all the golf he wants. Corker can go back to Chattanooga and his construction business. Neither one have been particularly responsive to the needs of their constituents.
    #NashvilleStrong

The "Rs" can go away, too if they want to ruin lives through government. The government built a big golf course in Lamar Alexander's home county. He can retire and go play all the golf he wants.
    Lamar Alexander thwacking balls with sticks.

He'll never notice the difference. Provided, of course, they're all other men's balls.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To borrow a phrase from my late granddad, there just ain't no patchin' it. Culturally, politically, and in nearly every manner of custom and attitude, the north and south have differences that I would call irreconcilable, and it's time we quit trying to "fix" eachother and just part ways amicably. The north doesn't really want us around outside of tax-season anyway.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    To borrow a phrase from my late granddad, there just ain't no patchin' it. Culturally, politically, and in nearly every manner of custom and attitude, the north and south have differences that I would call irreconcilable, and it's time we quit trying to "fix" eachother and just part ways amicably. The north doesn't really want us around outside of tax-season anyway.
    The Dems really don't want to give up their FDR and LBJ welfare plantation voters.

One more thing about the non-NOLA south: We pull together in a time of crisis. We were largely ignored in 2010 when. Storm system stalled over the state and flooded most of Middle Tennessee. It's just a little rain, they said. That little shower filled the Cumberland basin. The president was too busy not hanging the gulf oil spill to notice.

In Monday we walking outside and looked around. Saw we had a mess on our hands. We rolled up our sleeves and got to work. It was truly an old time southern, no political, neighborly effort. It was personal. For two months, large size rubber gloves and bleach were hard to come by.

The flood was no respecter of race or income. Music stars loaned each other equipment so they could keep working. People stayed with friends and organized little flood militias that went around town removing debris and ripping out drywall. Even during the flooding, people used their personal watercraft to rescue people and pets stranded by floodwaters.

Demoncrats are generally nowhere to be seen unless it is of some political advantage to them.
    #NashvilleStrong

They could easily win a Presidential election without winning them, and probably have.

I doubt it. The South is a growing and vibrant voting base. Where do you think that is coming from? Two places: Immigration and the migration of people in cold, high reg/high tax places moving to a warm, low tax region.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Don't worry about it. By the time we get through expunging the RINOs from the GOP, the Democratic Party will have plenty of new blood to bolster it and keep it going.
    If there's no outside threat, I highly doubt that the RINOs will be removed.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast