Thread: The Hobbit's Smaug Endorses Rand Paul for President

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nine out of ten smug hobbits endorse Rand Paul.

Not that it matters. Nine out of ten smug hobbits used to endorse Kokesh. Now nine of ten smug hobbits denounce him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Smaug, Chiefest and Greatest of Calamities, endorses Rand Paul

It’s likely lost on the Colbert Report’s audience that the real dragon is endlessly expanding government and a monetary system that devalues the U.S. Dollar…but you can’t take these things too seriously!

http://iroots.org/2014/12/12/smaug-endorses-rand-paul/
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

You only missed it by half an hour or so.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search....rchid=13879418
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

FUNNY: The Hobbit’s Smaug Endorses Rand Paul on Colbert Report VIDEO

Even though it's mocking Rand, it's pretty darn funny...
    http://dailychomp.com/funny-the-hobb...-report-video/

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I thought The Collins killed Smaug
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I can't believe no one quoted the beginning of the article. This is comedy gold, right here:
    If Rand Paul was looking for an endorsement from a monstrous dragon with a pile of gold not named Sheldon Adelson, he got one last night from Smaug, the evil dragon from The Hobbit and a self-described fiscal conservative.
    It's funny because it's true!
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Knowing the true subliminal intent, I don't know how anyone could find this funny. Yes, on the surface I guess it is good for a laugh or two, but you guys can not honestly believe that that is the role of the Daily Show and Colbert? The goal of these shows is to brainwash the populace. One way to do that is to teach them to associate names with ideas or things that we know to be bad (ie an evil thieving dragon). The average joe will walk away from watching this with a slightly more dimmed view of fiscal conservative philosophy and people like Rand Paul. If you think I am being over the top, you probably should revisit the role of the MSM and their one goal of framing the status quo.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jclay2 View Post
    Knowing the true subliminal intent, I don't know how anyone could find this funny. Yes, on the surface I guess it is good for a laugh or two, but you guys can not honestly believe that that is the role of the Daily Show and Colbert? The goal of these shows is to brainwash the populace. One way to do that is to teach them to associate names with ideas or things that we know to be bad (ie an evil thieving dragon). The average joe will walk away from watching this with a slightly more dimmed view of fiscal conservative philosophy and people like Rand Paul. If you think I am being over the top, you probably should revisit the role of the MSM and their one goal of framing the status quo.
    Rand Paul = gold standard = castle doctrine = boogity-boogity. That's what I got from it.

I whipped this up in a couple minutes:

I think Colbert clearly likes Ron Paul, and presumably that interest extends to Rand.

You aren't serious are you? Jesus, you may not agree with the guy on everything but he is as close to non-partisan and unbiased as you can get on TV.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    You aren't serious are you? Jesus, you may not agree with the guy on everything but he is as close to non-partisan and unbiased as you can get on TV.
    You're talking about a guy whose schtick is an neo-con Republican. Non-partisan? You crack me up more than he does.

This. The average low-info idiot who thinks $15 an hour minimum wage is realistic and likes "Better than America" facebook pages and knows literally as much about economics as a five year old will watch this and be swayed by it. And they will somehow think the corporatist shill Hillary is on their side fighting those "fiscal conservatives" who don't want to shock the economy into a collapse by paying people $15 an hour to flip burgers.

If you don't think things like this are targeted and intentional, you're wrong. They will do anything and everything to make anyone who isn't a part of their gospel out to be Mr. Burns.

Watched the entire interview. I didn't think it was funny - maybe some of the 'inside humor' of the story was lost on me, as I'm not familiar with the books.

The Rand Paul shout out was quick and, honestly, difficult to understand. If it was between a "positive column" and "negative column" I'd say it was negative.
    ... however I think it probably belongs in the "ummm.... ook, that was meaningless" column more than anything.

CGI was great but the script just wasn't funny.

I don't think some of you got the joke. He endorsed Rand because he loves gold!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    It would be funny if he had endorsed Ron Paul. But I can't recall Randal ever waxing poetically about the gold standard or even bringing up precious metals himself in any speeches or interviews. I did a quick search and found a kitco quick interview where all he said is there should be a commission to study the subject. you know of any such instances?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It would be funny if he had endorsed Ron Paul. But I can't recall Randal ever waxing poetically about the gold standard or even bringing up precious metals himself in any speeches or interviews. I did a quick search and found a kitco quick interview where all he said is there should be a commission to study the subject. you know of any such instances?
    I think Colbert and his writers were thinking of Ron, but obviously Rand is a lot more relevant to current politics.

If you want a gold standard, Rand is your best best.

But the whole segment was just Colbert getting to roll around in Tolkien Land. If he could he would have a show *just* about arcane tolkien stuff.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Exactly. I thought it was hillarious, actually.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading