Thread: Stock Market Down Today

Stock Market Down Today

The stock market crashed by about 2 percentage points, today. What a wild ride stocks have had this year.

But never fear, it's OK, because Long-term Treasuries are up about 2% today. They, together with gold, have smoothed out the craziness and given those of you with Harry Browne Permanent Portfolios a nice, smooth ride. Aaaahhhhhh. Just gliding through.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    2% ain't $#@!. Sorry, but I have nothing of substance to add but this short and concise statement.

The interest is up and the stock markets down.

And you only get mugged if you go downtown.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

China economy major slowdown, Europe takes hit to trade sanctions on Russia... Greece is in the dumpster(after German and UK banks get their money back) and Japan on credit watch as exports dwindle.

There's more... It's a global $#@!ter now.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    The stock market crashed by about 2 percentage points, today. What a wild ride stocks have had this year.

But never fear, it's OK, because Long-term Treasuries are up about 2% today. They, together with gold, have smoothed out the craziness and given those of you with Harry Browne Permanent Portfolios a nice, smooth ride. Aaaahhhhhh. Just gliding through.
    I am OK with mine as well . No Treasuries though .

my stock value increased 2% for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    my stock value increased 2% for the day.
    I have not looked at those , but I made money today and saved some too. Congrats .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-11-2014 at 10:24 AM.

Breaking news: Stocks down today, film at 11. <shrug>

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Talking heads have been saying that this is due to dropping oil prices.

Some lawmakers have already suggested increasing taxes. Raising taxes to stimulate the economy. Pure genius.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Dow will probably be back where it was by Mon .

My guess is that to keep this fake, debt based economy going the markets have to keep climbing at a significant pace. Even a flat stock market will eventually cause the economy to collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Dow will probably be back where it was by Mon .
    A gotta think that consumer discretionary stocks are going to to good in the first part of the year.
    Oil production, even with all its recent increases, is still a fraction of our GDP compared to all the businesses dependent on oil consumption. The notion that cheap oil is all of the sudden bad for the economy just doesn't wash...

This drop in oil prices means the average joe sixpack has got a few more 20$ bills rattling around his wallet every month. That is going to go somewhere.

Airlines have already popped, so any new investors are probably late to the party..
    Another big winner in the cheap oil game is agribusiness. I hit a winner this fall when I picked up ADM in the low 40s. I think it has room to run..

IMHO, YMMV, I could be wrong, Caveat emptor, I can't predict the future, and neither can the people who say they can...

As of right now the Dow has regained 130 points. Not the start of the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    My guess is that to keep this fake, debt based economy going the markets have to keep climbing at a significant pace. Even a flat stock market will eventually cause the economy to collapse.
    They want inflation, any way they believe can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    A gotta think that consumer discretionary stocks are going to to good in the first part of the year.
    Oil production, even with all its recent increases, is still a fraction of our GDP compared to all the businesses dependent on oil consumption. The notion that cheap oil is all of the sudden bad for the economy just doesn't wash...
    Agree.

Nearly the entire economy benefits when energy prices drop. It's like a huge tax cut. The minute oil prices started to fall, talking head idiots on CNBC started saying "oh no, the economy will collapse if oil and gas prices drop." These people are nothing but paid shills for the banking and oil industry, and the stock market in general. The economy as a larger concept doesn't matter.

But it seems that some of them actually think that raising taxes is another way to "inflate" prices, and they are proposing that. Anything to prevent deflation and to pump up their fake numbers. An analogy would be a thermostat in a large house. They want the house to be hotter, so they put a flame under the thermostat and say "look, the thermometer says it is getting hotter in here! Put that number on the news right away". Meanwhile, their actions just caused the air conditioner to turn on and cool the house even more.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.