Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police Ask If You’d Like Them To Search Your House For Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I keep saying I need to leave this State, but this $#@! is happening everywhere.
    There are other reasons why NC is pretty bad, but so far as police abuse goes we are still better than most. At least our despotic cops get indicted, and occasionally even convicted. Not that is all that much of a recommendation but....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    A. Why would you not know of a gun in your home?
    Actually this happened to us. we found a cache of my deceased FIL's weapons in the attic. including his off duty sidearm and his old school "n***** beater". it was a happy day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    B. Why would anyone be stupid enough to invite the police into their home?
    I dunno, but anybody stupid enough to do so deserves what they get.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post

I dunno, but anybody stupid enough to do so deserves what they get.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So if you "refuse" the "voluntary" search, you get a raid?
    Bet I find my weapons before they do.

"always keep your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark." Robert Heinlein
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

So when you buy a house, or live in a house that others have owned, it only makes sense to tear the place down to the studs and rip up the floors--just to be safe.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    So when you buy a house, or live in a house that others have owned, it only makes sense to tear the place down to the studs and rip up the floors--just to be safe.
    At least now the cops will do all of that for you at no charge. Well, until you actually get charged, of course.

Ebola guns hate us for our freedom.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
    - James Madison

Instead they should be posing questions on how exactly is exposing their private dwellings to searches by law enforcement personnel serving to make their community safer?

“Expectation is way too high for police in terms of what we can do” and that about sums it up for me.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Comment from BenSwann.com

Phydeux • an hour ago

I'm with the chief on this one. I'm forever finding guns in my house that I didn't know were there! Just this morning 3 fell out of my shower caddy and another showed up in the cat's litterbox. Last week I found half a dozen huddled together in the crawl space. And one time I found a couple in my freezer. </sarc>

lol
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Anti-gun people want to make firearms a health issue, as that will give them precedent to regulate and ban as it is for the public health.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    ...well..if only one child is saved....etc...
    If you remove guns from Gun violence,, you are still left with violence.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Hmmmm. I'm pretty sure I know where my guns are. But what IF they found one I didn't know about? FREE GUN!!! That would be cool! It's a balance: the chance that they find a new gun for me versus the chance they kill me just because they can.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

BELOIT, WISCONSIN POLICE CHIEF REVERSES COURSE: NO LONGER ASKING TO SEARCH HOMES FOR GUNS

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...Homes-For-Guns
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    BELOIT, WISCONSIN POLICE CHIEF REVERSES COURSE: NO LONGER ASKING TO SEARCH HOMES FOR GUNS

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...Homes-For-Guns
    He told Examiner that the proposal was not submitted to the legal office for review before it went public. Now that the plan has been withdrawn, the press release did say that the department would be submitting the plan to the legal office “for further review.” Arft noted, however, that he doubts it will be offered again because there is already a mechanism for people to report guns to police to have them removed from private property.

“Police departments have been doing that for decades,” Arft said. “The option has always been out there and we don’t need to go searching in someone’s house to provide that service.”

Arft said the program “was certainly well meaning,” and that there was never an intention of launching legal fishing expeditions into private residences. Besides, he noted that there would have been serious legal questions about the validity of any evidence of unrelated crimes that might be uncovered in such a search.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/brea...alerts_article

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    And how much other stuff besides what they say they are searching for will lead to charges being filed?
    All of it, of course. They are searching with CONSENT, vis-ŕ-vis a warrant, which technically protects you from extraneous discoveries.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

They have had the ability to search nearly any home for some time. And on nothing more than an anonymous "tip",, or from a fabricated story.

Kick doors in first
    Investigate (cover up) later.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Because....EBOLA!
    That takes some mental gymnastics, doesn't it? I can't make that logic leap no matter how hard I try.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12