Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Ask If You’d Like Them To Search Your House For Guns

Police Ask If You’d Like Them To Search Your House For Guns

Who the hell would sign up for this???

BELOIT, WI – Police in Beloit, Wisconsin are starting a new program to ask city residents to volunteer to have their houses searched for guns. Chief Norm Jacobs hopes the problem will get people to think of gun violence like they do ebola, with a home inspection being like a vaccine.

“Gun violence is as serious as the Ebola virus is being represented in the media, and we should fight it using the tools that we’ve learned from our health providers,” said Chief Jacobs.

“It was clear to me that people in the community are looking for things that they can do to help cut violence in the community,” Jacobs said. “I think it’s appropriate that police try different things also.”

The police chief thinks that a search might result in the discovery of guns that people didn’t even know they had.

“That’s really what we’re looking for,” he said. “Maybe we’ll find a toy gun that’s been altered by a youngster in the house — and we know the tragedies that can occur there on occasion.”

WPR reported that one mother of a gun violence victim said: “Pretty much all those kids and young men just need to be is educated. You have a lot of them that barely read at a fifth-grade level yet they’re 25 year-old-men. But they know how to work a gun. There’s something wrong with that picture.”

Chief Jacobs went on to state that unsecured firearms are a much greater threat than any potential burglar.

“Guns not only are used in robberies, but they are used for suicides,” Jacobs said. “Easy access to weapons, especially weapons that you don’t know about, are a threat to your family. It’s not a criminal living next door that might kill your family member. You might have a family member that is suffering from some type of mental illness and easy access to a weapon could end their life.”

From the Beloit Daily News:

Those that do give consent will either see a member of the drug and gang unit or a detective come to the home. Jacobs said each person living in the home has some individual right to privacy. So if a room is locked the owner of the home may not have the right to open the door to police. So who is living at the residence will determine where police are allowed to search. Residents also have the right to stop the search at any time.

If a weapon is found in the home that isn’t legally owned it will be seized by police. Officers will then determine if it has been used in a crime in the city, Jacobs said.

He hopes the program will help residents take control of their community.

“We don’t want to be in people’s houses, but we have to talk about it,” Jacobs said. “We have to raise the question ‘What are you doing help the community be safer?’ A lot of folks’ expectation is way too high for police in terms of what we can do. This is something that we can do, raise awareness, and suggest that people take charge of their own home.”

Any takers on this one?

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/co...b#.VIXVEDHF8Tp

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WPR reported that one mother of a gun violence victim said: “Pretty much all those kids and young men just need to be is educated. You have a lot of them that barely read at a fifth-grade level yet they’re 25 year-old-men. But they know how to work a gun. There’s something wrong with that picture.”

Oh, come on, be fair. If your fifth-grade-reading-level neighbor was shooting Arabs with that gun somewhere on the other side of the Earth, would you care?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Residents also have the right to stop the search at any time.
    LOL.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Tell them, "No thanks, I know where they all are."
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 12-08-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Because....EBOLA!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    LOL.
    Yeah. They are like vampires. Once invited in, good luck getting them to leave.

And how much other stuff besides what they say they are searching for will lead to charges being filed?

What are they doing to help the community be safer??? How about learn how to shoot and get a concealed carry so you don't have to wait for the cops to not save you or someone else in danger.. Huge huge fail.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Yeah. They are like vampires. Once invited in, good luck getting them to leave.
    I only wished garlic worked on them.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    And how much other stuff besides what they say they are searching for will lead to charges being filed?
    ^^ THIS!!!!!!!!!!

No way they are going to turn their heads at a chance to nail you for 1 of your many felonies a day if they can find proof you committed one.
    Last edited by jtap; 01-07-2015 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtap View Post
    ^^ THIS!!!!!!!!!!

No way they are going to turn their heads at a chance to nail you for 1 of your many felonies a day if they can find proof you committed one.
    Yeah, they would probably find my stash of 100 watt incandescent light bulbs.

Hey, come to think about it ... I just saw some of those at the store. I thought congress had banned them last year.
    (Maybe those are for entrapment. Buy one and see how long it takes for them to nab ya.)

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I only wished garlic worked on them.
    Oh it does, you've just got to turn 'em upside down and pack it in with a bayonet....

A. Why would you not know of a gun in your home?

B. Why would anyone be stupid enough to invite the police into their home?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    A. Why would you not know of a gun in your home?

B. Why would anyone be stupid enough to invite the police into their home?
    I'm sure they are the same type of person we see holding signs saying, "Thank you police."

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Oh, come on, be fair. If your fifth-grade-reading-level neighbor was shooting Arabs with that gun somewhere on the other side of the Earth, would you care?[/COLOR]
    fish, this is why I'm almost as jaded at this forum as I am with everyone else these days. Look at Uriel's recent thread.

I love debating politically philosophy, but seriously, a constitutionalist social conservative who understands that the US Military is destroying innocent life around the world and thus for that reason, even if not out of institutional principle*, encourages people to stay out of the military, and who similarly encourages people to stay out of the police forces because they have become overtly violent gangs even if not out of institutional principle*, is far better than an anarcho-capitalist who for whatever reason has become complacent toward one or the other. On this forum it seems like soldiers get all of the respect. Hypothetically were the militarized police to be getting it I'd be complaining about that to (and there are PLENTY of people like that, "don't break the law and you won't have a problem with it" types.)

*By "institutional principle" I mean opposing the organization BECAUSE it is a government (tax funded) organization, rather than because of the particulars of how it is run.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Also, never give cops permission to search. I know you all know this but still...
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Who the hell would sign up for this???
    If you don't sign up for it then you must have something to hide. Probable cause?

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Hey, come to think about it ... I just saw some of those at the store. I thought congress had banned them last year.
    (Maybe those are for entrapment. Buy one and see how long it takes for them to nab ya.)

Yeah, I guess I stocked up prematurely.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

...well..if only one child is saved....etc...

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    If you don't sign up for it then you must have something to hide. Probable cause?

XNN
    Yup, just give it a few years and this is what it will spin into.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    ...well..if only one child is saved....etc...
    .... the cops will likely shoot him some day in the future.

.... the cops will likely shoot him some day in the future.
    Those "No Hesitation" targets are darned expensive. You have to buy them with confiscated tax dollars that could be better used to pay the police union honchos. As Jonathan Swift would say, poor children are free and renewable resource.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

They postponed the ban because too many people freaked out. They also postponed the ban AFTER all the US manufacturers of incandescents went under.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    They postponed the ban because too many people freaked out. They also postponed the ban AFTER all the US manufacturers of incandescents went under.
    I'm sure they didn't plan it that way.

"The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I suspect that's exactly what the goal was in the first place.

Those that do give consent will either see a member of the drug and gang unit or a detective come to the home. Jacobs said each person living in the home has some individual right to privacy. So if a room is locked the owner of the home may not have the right to open the door to police. So who is living at the residence will determine where police are allowed to search. Residents also have the right to stop the search at any time.
    So if you "refuse" the "voluntary" search, you get a raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So if you "refuse" the "voluntary" search, you get a raid?
    This whole thing is completely insane.
    "The Patriarch"

“That’s really what we’re looking for,” he said. “Maybe we’ll find a toy gun that’s been altered by a youngster in the house — and we know the tragedies that can occur there on occasion.”
    Are we talking sawed-off nerf-guns, fully-automatic bb-guns?

Or the NFA Title II "Any Other Weapon"

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This whole thing is completely insane.
    Understatement of the year. It's about to go full-Nazi up in this joint and the bleating sheep are more worried about our complaints than the actual Nazis.

Understatement of the year. It's about to go full-Nazi up in this joint and the bleating sheep are more worried about our complaints than the actual Nazis.
    I keep saying I need to leave this State, but this $#@! is happening everywhere.
    "The Patriarch"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast