Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: "LAPD just murdered an unarmed man right in front of me."

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    That's right, and that is why I repeat to the nausea of everyone here that LANGUAGE MATTERS.

"Office Involved Shooting" - what the $#@! does that mean? NOTHING.

One day I will not be surprised to find Themme turning it into a common acronym - OIS.

LOL

So passe'

Crawl back in your hole old man.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23OIS

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    LOL

So passe'

Yep...LAPD twitter said OIS and ADW.

Officer involved shooting after responding to a call of "Assault with a Deadly Weapon". I mean, I can't quite grasp the magnitude of the irony of shooting a guy dead on the suspicion of ADW with a $#@!ing Swiss army knife. If it was that $#@!ing deadly, there would be some dead cops. Maybe he filed their nails, dunno.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It seems, and please do offer any counter argument as I could use some cheery news, the best for which we can hope is that with endless vigilance and unbending determination we might restore the land to its 1920s political condition by the time our grandchildren are themselves grandparents. I find this the overly optimistic case, and perhaps I am not seeing clearly, so please chime in with your opinions. As I say, good news is always welcome.
    I am unable to proffer anything that even resembles "good news"...

From my position the 97% of whom you speak will gladly, and without pause, completely annihilate the 3% in order to maintain their status quo....

Even here I read comment after comment that professes to somehow fix the current system..

The outlook is grim, but honestly such grimness is what's required to quash the entrenched.......

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Yep...LAPD twitter said OIS and ADW.
    It certainly wasn't this recent LAPD incident that started it... OIS is a very common acronym on twitter; I check it often to follow summary execution newz.

When dogs get summarily executed its #copshotdog in social media;
    when people get summarily executed its always the verbless #OIS

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

LOL

So passe'

Sorry, I don't do anything calling itself "twitter".
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I twittered a girl one time when I was a freshman in highschool.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atwitter

atwit·ter adjective \ə-ˈtwi-tər\
    : nervously excited

Full Definition of ATWITTER

: nervously concerned : excited <gossips atwitter with speculation — Time>
    See atwitter defined for English-language learners »
    Examples of ATWITTER

<the whole office was atwitter with speculation that there might be another round of layoffs>
    First Known Use of ATWITTER

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I'm just following the logic of liberty minded conspiracy theorists, are you calling 9/11 truthers retarded? do you think we can have liberty without paranoia of conspiracy?

if you don't believe my conspiracy theory is correct, you have to believe this is all just coincidence, right?
    I don't have to believe anything other than the fact that you are an idiot. What does this have to do with 9/11? Please tell me....

As I say, good news is always welcome.
    There is no good news. The best we can hope for is a collapse of the current system, and that we may be lucky enough to avoid the savages, the hyenas and the vultures - literally and figuratively - who will scavenge the countryside in search of goods and slaves. The cities will burn. The suburbs will be plundered, as will indiscriminate parts of the rural countryside. Pray that you are amongst enough fairly like-minded that if they come for your property or life, you can hold them off.

There aren't enough of us. We're surrounded by savages.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    I don't have to believe anything other than the fact that you are an idiot. What does this have to do with 9/11? Please tell me....
    how can you have liberty without 9/11 truth? you tell me!
    pcosmar's lie : There are more votes than registered Voters..

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    how can you have liberty without 9/11 truth? you tell me!
    Is there really a point here towards the OP?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Hard to tell. When its tagged "1" with the card, the knife is down and to the left of the white beverage lid. In the photo prior to evidence tag, you can see the white beverage lid, but its really hard to tell if anything is down and to the left. There appears to be something darker in that location. Could be the knife; could be a shadow. Can't tell due to resolution.
    Just do one of those "zoom and enhance" like we see in all the cop movies...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    we don't get fooled again!

Quote Originally Posted by DP714 View Post
    An officer-involved shooting... I really do wonder if this is a deliberate choice of words (every single time), or is it something that just comes naturally to them? It's similar to what I saw on FB recently: Someone posted an ultrasound picture of her unborn child and it was captioned "just a picture of the mass of cells in my womb." No, it was not meant as a joke.
    yes it is on purpose. the way they word it always assigns zero guilt or intended wrong doing to the officer.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    yes it is on purpose. the way they word it always assigns zero guilt or intended wrong doing to the officer.
    if it wasn't in court, it's not evidence or testimony anyway. but yes, even the public needs to hear the clean edited version.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    A Swiss army knife...

It was a Swiss army knife.

Ban them!!

Break out the tin foil, but i'd love to see some other photos of that blade. if it was open at the time of the shooting then it could show some dings, i wouldn't put it past the LAPD PR machine to open the blade if it was found closed.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In Seattle they will shoot you in broad daylight for holding a pen knife -- and they will get away with it :

in Seattle no charges
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Looks like Obama just shock and awed the city in response.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Looks like Obama just shock and awed the city in response.
    Wouldn't be surprised if LAPD behind that $#@!. They want some panic to distract from all the $#@! they're doing on the streets.

Because if I did, I might be considered a twit.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    in Seattle no charges
    Do those guys use black shoe polish on their heads?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456