Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: White liberal tries to lecture me on how often "my race" is victimized by police

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    In 2008 when sign waving for Ron Paul I met a white Hillary supporter who was sign waving for Hillary. This irritating witch kept asking me "Why doesn't Ron Paul drop out and endorse Hillary?" I guess she thought anyone who was anti war had to be liberal. Anyway I told her they supported different things. She kept pushing to ask why. I said "Well for one thing he is anti abortion." She looked like I had just shot her dog. Then she said "He can't have control of my body!" I expected that. But the next thing she said shocked me. "If there were more abortions there wouldn't be so many people in prison." Huh? As you well know blacks are over represented in prison. So basically she as saying more black people needed to be aborted. Oh, she added that she had a out of wedlock birth but she was "responsible." Am I wrong for thinking this liberal democrat who probably ended up voting for Obama was also racist?
    The only person who can answer that is her. Your assumption though, is predicated on her actually knowing the demographics of the inmate population nationwide. While I am aware, as you pointed out, of the over representation of blacks in the prison system - she may not be. And since you didn't ask her, we'll never know for sure. All I know, is that it makes no sense at all to me how someone who is racist would vote for Obama. She may just be someone who lives her life trying to be politically correct - all while being politically ignorant.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I agree with everything you said except your last point. Racism is not hardwired in our DNA.
    Actual racism? Probably not.

What passes for racism in the minds of liberal dipshits? Oh, yes, definitely.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    The only person who can answer that is her. Your assumption though, is predicated on her actually knowing the demographics of the inmate population nationwide. While I am aware, as you pointed out, of the over representation of blacks in the prison system - she may not be. And since you didn't ask her, we'll never know for sure. All I know, is that it makes no sense at all to me how someone who is racist would vote for Obama. She may just be someone who lives her life trying to be politically correct - all while being politically ignorant.
    I forgot to mention that she claimed to be a sociologist. So unless she was lying, it's impossible that she didn't know about the demographics of the inmate system. I believe that people sometimes rise above their own personal prejudice when some other factor is more important. Think about the religious conservatives who voiced concern about Romney being Mormon but then ultimately endorsed him. Since this particular woman was so gung ho on abortion, I couldn't see her ever voting for McCain/Palin over Obama/Biden. She might have stayed home and not voted though. That said, I do agree with your overall premise that America is not "racist to the core" and the election Obama is evidence of that.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    Actual racism? Probably not.

What passes for racism in the minds of liberal dipshits? Oh, yes, definitely.
    I agree with this as well. And not only that, but when you raise children without distinguishing someone by skin color, they won't. I remember a few years ago when my oldest grandson was about 4, we were watching a movie and there was a black man and a white man in a boat. He asked me a question about one of them and I needed him to tell me which was he was referring to, and he said: "The bald one." Which, happened to be the black man. lol
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Well, dude? Learn anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Banned

Blog Entries
    The book is being shipped to my local branch. It will be here in 3 or 4 days they said. I will read it, and believe you me, you will get a full write up of my impressions of the book.

And thank you for reading it, acptulsa. There is no way I will let you read a book alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    I agree with this as well. And not only that, but when you raise children without distinguishing someone by skin color, they won't. I remember a few years ago when my oldest grandson was about 4, we were watching a movie and there was a black man and a white man in a boat. He asked me a question about one of them and I needed him to tell me which was he was referring to, and he said: "The bald one." Which, happened to be the black man. lol
    I agree with you- your grandson sounds like I was as a child.

I was raised w/o prejudice and was amazed and disgusted when I encountered it in my friends. As a 13 year old, I walked out of a party because of the racist dialog that was being thrown around; I couldn't fathom why someone would hate someone else because of skin color.

I still can't.
    There is no spoon.

Banned

Blog Entries
    got the book today, reading now.

Good. Maybe these will help.

Archer and Greenwood looking north. All of these buildings but one date back to the rebuilding era. All were abandoned when I was a kid except the buff brick building with large square entrances up the block; that was the home of the community newsweekly The Tulsa Eagle, and is now an entrance to the baseball park which was recently built behind. The building on the end isn't square because the M-K-T used to have tracks that angled up that way. This was the main business district. Contemporary accounts report that a machine gun was set up on this very spot during the riot.

The memorial

The sole survivor (sort of, as a burned out brick shell). It was not yet complete when the riot burned all but the brick walls. It was finally completed in 1928.

Standpipe Hill. Oklahoma State University seems to have thought we needed a new brick "standpipe". What the author calls Sunset Hill is just to the left; most Tulsans consider them one and the same hill.

Looking south from the monument toward the business district, one can see how completely the highway bisected and dissected the area. The highway retaining walls are decorated for the old Juneteenth Jazz Celebration.

Looking across Greenwood at Standpipe (or Sunset, if you prefer) Hill, about a half mile north of Archer St. Once covered with houses and shanties, the flora has taken over now. This spot has looked like this my whole life. I was amazed the first time I saw an old city street map and saw streets on it. About the only clue left that this spot was once inhabited is the terracing--there are flat spots where the houses used to be.

Looking the opposite direction (east) from the same spot, the rail yard can be seen. The book calls it both the Midland Valley and the Santa Fe yard. And so it was; the MV yard (where the tank cars are) was two tracks wide and right beside the Santa Fe's more extensive facility.

Last edited by acptulsa; 01-03-2015 at 05:09 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Looking south past the Mt. Vernon Church in the left center middle ground; the highway is just past that and the old business district is beyond the highway. The buildings on the right are part of the fairly new state university complex. Before that was built, Greenwood was more straight along this line of sight.

These ranch style houses were originally built on slabs in a flood zone. After flooding a couple of times, they were cut in half, moved nearly ten miles across town and placed on foundations up Greenwood. This is one of the few instances where the Tulsa urban renewal of the 1970s involved something more than "urban removal". This is about Marshall and Greenwood, near the north end of the burned zone and a stone's throw from where Booker T Washington High School stood at Pine (now the site of Carver Middle School). This end of the Greenwood District was residential even in 1921, and came back after the riot (unlike the difficult terrain of the east face of Standpipe Hill). But by 1978, the 1922 era houses were old and many were run down.

More typical examples of "urban removal", though this neighborhood was white in 1921, and while on Standpipe Hill, was not burned. It was west of the affected area. These houses were torn down in the 1970s and it made me sad. They were a mix of neat old two story frame and flagstone houses with tall ceilings and wide porches. Perhaps the revival of the north end of downtown (now called the Brady Arts District) will lead to some construction in this area.

Mt. Zion Church, the new building, a few blocks away from Greenwood, which is just past the billboard on the right.

From the highway, just north of the old business district, looking north by northeast. Standpipe ('Sunset') Hill is just out of the shot to the left (due north). Everything you see here but the rail yards burned in 1921 (clear to the horizon nearly a mile distant, in the left half of the picture), though the walls of the Mt. Vernon Church did not fall.

Last edited by acptulsa; 01-05-2015 at 12:39 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    So I finished the riot, and got a little into the aftermath, and this is the kind of stuff that agonizes me, because I know instances of justice will be few and far between. Right now, nice words and apologies are being offered by the whites, but I know it will turn bitter again.

The two classes I took were Modern African American history, and African Americans in the west. A nice nexus that is re-igniting the web of information I have up here.

I have some things to say, so far:
    1. I think the trail of tears demonstrates something. For every tale of racism against any non black, there is always far more heinous against black. It is hardly ever even mentioned in history books that 3 tribes (Cree, Chickasa and Choctaw, IIRC) had actual plantation slavery, and had to pack their slaves with them, who of course, suffered the worst on the trail of tears.

2. Western African American history has a different flavor. It was the west, and there was a lot more freedom. Keep this in mind, it is a little better than the central north and northest of America, better than the south, but it was good nowhere. Also, keep in mind, The Tulsa race riots were the worst in American history, in terms of casualties, but race riots were far, far more common than today, or even the sixties. Big difference was race riots usually were started by white aggression, and certainly were full of white on black violence. An interesting side note, is blacks participated in race riots against the Chinese in California, but this was very rare.

3. There is still a bust of a Governor in Nebraska, of a very racist man, who was still being praised by the press in the 80's and 90's. Of course, The United States and Britain were the sole supporters of South African Apartheid in 1984, so this is not surprising to me. Many racist figures, considered great men in American history have had their racism obscured. Say what you will about whether it was right or wrong, or acceptable or unacceptable by society at the time, black people still lived with the reality of it, every day. I think they gave up on trying to get white people to love them in about the 1990's, although the movement to divorce themselves from white society began in the sixties and seventies.

4. I remember my professor talking about how desegregation hurt "black Wall Street". Memories are coming back. I found, when writing my term paper on a topic about Nation Of Islam, it mentioned how Nation of Islam opposed forced desegregation, as did many black community members and parents. It's a danger to group everybody as one thought process, because you have labeled them in your mind. It is a quick way to alienation, which leads to hostility, which leads back to bigotry and racism.

5. Narratives of lynchings, and why they happened, in world lexicon, goes something like this:
    Black man raped white woman, black man got hung.
    In reality, lynchings happened all the time, sometimes 20 or 30 a year, sometimes 100's a year, and they happened for a variety of stated reasons. I think there may be a feeling that most black men lynched were guilty of raping or trying to rape a white woman. In reality, they were almost always innocent of it. But most terrifying of all, and I know that the worst is yet to come in this book too, there never is a shred of justice for lynchings. Hardly ever even a semblence of an investigation.
    Sound familiar?
    Narratives of cop shooting black man goes something like this:
    Cop tries to arrest black man for crime, black man resists, cop shoots black man.
    In reality, cop shootings happen all the time.....
    Last edited by UWDude; 01-04-2015 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    4. I remember my professor talking about how desegregation hurt "black Wall Street". Memories are coming back. I found, when writing my term paper on a topic about Nation Of Islam, it mentioned how Nation of Islam opposed forced desegregation, as did many black community members and parents. It's a danger to group everybody as one thought process, because you have labeled them in your mind. It is a quick way to alienation, which leads to hostility, which leads back to bigotry and racism.
    You don't hear them on the MSM, or at least not often, because their facts don't fit the Official Narrative, but many an educator of color was dismayed at the Brown v. Board decision because they knew it would take education out of the hands of minorities and it would be decades before minorities would again exert as much control over the education of anyone. Yes, it got them farther in the end, but from the perspective of sixty years ago, the past sixty years must have promised to be bleak, indeed. And so they were.

And now that people of minorities have broken all the glass ceilings, even the White House, Washington runs everything and all local officials can do is exert influence in how local organizations jump through the hoops.

Next time your prof strays off the politically correct narrative, remember it. There are only so many people who can remind you of the Secret But Important Facts. Seeing how political correctness creates an alienation-hostility-racism feedback loop kind of gives you a new perspective on 'acceptable censorship', doesn't it?

5. Narratives of lynchings, and why they happened, in world lexicon, goes something like this:
    Black man raped white woman, black man got hung.
    In reality, lynchings happened all the time, sometimes 20 or 30 a year, sometimes 100's a year, and they happened for a variety of stated reasons. I think there may be a feeling that most black men lynched were guilty of raping or trying to rape a white woman. In reality, they were almost always innocent of it. But most terrifying of all, and I know that the worst is yet to come in this book too, there never is a shred of justice for lynchings. Hardly ever even a semblence of an investigation.
    Sound familiar?
    Narratives of cop shooting black man goes something like this:
    Cop tries to arrest black man for crime, black man resists, cop shoots black man.
    In reality, cop shootings happen all the time.....
    Being a student of history has prepared me for the present, where everyone equally gets treated the way blacks were then. Of all the ways we could have achieved equality, this is my least favorite method. And you can no more convince the rednecks they're being treated like ni**ers now than you could tell their fathers that if we continued to allow certain people to be treated that way, everyone would be treated like that someday...

Cognitive dissonance. They don't shoot their oppressor, they shoot the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Everybody is running around in circles, announcing that somebody's pinched their liberty. Now the greatest aid that I know of that anyone could give the world today would be a correct definition of "liberty". What might be one class's liberty might be another class's poison. I guess absolute liberty couldn't mean anything but that anybody can do anything they want to, any time they want to. Well, any half-wit can tell you that wouldn't work. So the question arises, "How much liberty can I get away with?"

'Well, you can get no more liberty than you give. That's my definition, but you got perfect liberty to work out your own.'--Will Rogers
    By the way, you've already heard about McNulty Park, and will later hear about Oaklawn Cemetary. Here is Oaklawn today, about a mile south of Archer and Greenwood and two miles south of Pine and Greenwood. McNulty was, ninety-four years ago, just across the highway. So, it seems likely that the mass grave is just beneath and behind that fat concrete retaining wall in the middle distance.

Last edited by acptulsa; 01-05-2015 at 12:33 AM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Finally finished today.
    Same story as any other African American history story
    White people kill and abuse black people
    Black people say nothing out of fear
    50 years later, some black intellectuals say something
    white people get worked up into an angry froth
    Nothing happens. Maybe a memorial or a bill admiting "mistakes were made"

I'll take this quote, to explain why America is still racist to the core, you can find it on page 218:

When a white interviewer suggested that race relations had improved since the 1950's, he leaned forward and glared. "How in the hell can you tell me that?" He demanded. "You know, you talk about privilege and entitlement. the biggest entitlement white folks have is being white. Break that for me... ...I mean it don't make sense to me, the white folks' attitude, that somehow I ought to be appreciative that you don't hate me as much. that's the progress. Once you would physically kill me, and I have evidence of that. Now you just choke me to death economically, politically, and socially, and you want me to say that's progress from dying! 'Because you sonofabitch you, we coulda killed your black ass' that's what you're telling me. But now we let you live, and I'm proud of that progress. White folks let me live. Until I get the same entitlement irrespective of skin color, $#@! you... ...but I love you>"

When a white interviewer suggested that race relations had improved since the 1950's, he leaned forward and glared. "How in the hell can you tell me that?" He demanded. "You know, you talk about privilege and entitlement. the biggest entitlement white folks have is being white. Break that for me... ...I mean it don't make sense to me, the white folks' attitude, that somehow I ought to be appreciative that you don't hate me as much. that's the progress. Once you would physically kill me, and I have evidence of that. Now you just choke me to death economically, politically, and socially, and you want me to say that's progress from dying! 'Because you sonofabitch you, we coulda killed your black ass' that's what you're telling me. But now we let you live, and I'm proud of that progress. White folks let me live. Until I get the same entitlement irrespective of skin color, $#@! you... ...but I love you>"
    You think that's the whole story, do you? There's no aspect of whites the system is breaking being told, but it's fine, or at least it could be worse, because they're white?

There's no aspect of a prophesy of doom in the way white-owned companies gained when the government forced their customers to share their shopping experience with blacks, and the white-owned businesses did enough more volume that they could get a lower wholesale price, lower their retail price, and drive the smaller minority-owned businesses out? The corporations aren't doing that same thing to all small businesses today?

There's no glory in the way Greenwood was rebuilt from the ashes? There's nothing to mourn in the fact that bigger businesses, aided by short sighted and one sided government policies, eventually killed it once and for all?

There's no beauty in the efforts of a few people to get this history unearthed and the victims remembered? There's no folly in the government's desperate effort to pander to them, without appearing to pander to them too much?

Seems to me there's a lot of meat here. Yeah, the steak is what really catches the eye, but all those pounds of chuck roast surely count for something.

Richard Lloyd Jones did the lion's share of stirring this up. Why? Was prejudice really his sole motivation?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-31-2015 at 07:58 AM.

This is NOT about Racism.
    This IS ALL about Statism.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I didn't write a term paper on Greenwood Avenue.
    Sounds like you read a book.
    Good for you.
    Now read 40+ more, like I have on the subject of black history, and then try talking down to me.
    ....aaand... ...tell me you don't see a common theme in everything.

And it is nice that black people rebuilt Greenwood, but did anybody who actually did the looting or killing have to pay for the damage? Were any charges ever brought? You seriously are going to talk about Greenwood avenue because why? You are going to use one of the worst race riots in history to claim that it is economics, and not racism, that is keeping black people down? You are crazy.

America is racist to the core, and always has been. Period.

You gonna rescind that? Or are you going to stand by it?
    I did just that. And in the end, you found you didn't disagree with me. I said two things--desegregation combined with corporatism--did more to destroy the American dream for people of color than a thousand lynchings, and you were triggered. You fought me tooth and nail. But once you calmed down enough to actually listen to me, you saw merit in what I said--and found you had already heard that and saw merit in it. Didn't you?

It never ceases to amaze me how willing people are to fight over something before they ever take the trouble to understand it. Someone can say the sky is azure, but if azure is our trigger word, we'd rather kill them than let them go away without admitting the sky is yellow. And even after experiences like this thread, you're still at it. Assuming people are enemies if they don't march in lockstep, and lobbing personal insults in lieu of understanding alternate points of view.

Have you ever gone back and looked at past conversations you had when you were a communist? You might learn something from those.

No wonder we're so easy to manipulate, divide and conquer. Trump is destroying the media? Puh-lease. Trump has always adored the media. It gave him everything he treasures--money, power, and most of all, attention.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-28-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Interesting thread...

I didn't write a term paper on Greenwood Avenue.
    Sounds like you read a book.
    Good for you.
    Now read 40+ more, like I have on the subject of black history, and then try talking down to me.
    ....aaand... ...tell me you don't see a common theme in everything.

And it is nice that black people rebuilt Greenwood, but did anybody who actually did the looting or killing have to pay for the damage? Were any charges ever brought? You seriously are going to talk about Greenwood avenue because why? You are going to use one of the worst race riots in history to claim that it is economics, and not racism, that is keeping black people down? You are crazy.

America is racist to the core, and always has been. Period.
    Why is it that the conversos are always the most fanatical?

...I wonder how many other alt-righters today were SJWs yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Interesting thread...

I was just thinking something similar while reading this. It all makes sense too. Wow.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Interesting thread...
    I thought some might find it so, in light of recent events.

SJWs, alt righters, fad hoppers in general, I suppose they're all good as long as they fight the enemy. The problem is, the enemy never seems to trigger them as often as their friends do--especially when their friends are one fad hop behind.

Cognitive dissonance. They don't shoot their oppressor, they shoot the messenger.
    At the end of the day, it bears repeating...

All these people defending Trump not by citing facts, but by accusing those who question him of having their heads up CNN's ass. But who or what was it that told them in the first place that Trump is anti-establishment? After all, we all know they didn't get that idea from the actual evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by riot survivor Robert Fairchild
    If you allow people's anger and hatred to consume you, it will.
    Bears repeating. And it's just as true of leftists as anyone else.

A third thing that bears repeating, especially since the version I posted in a post above was scrubbed from YouTube. People should reflect more on how they're being played this way. Certainly those who abandoned the Liberty Movement for Trumpmania could stand to reflect upon the damage done.

In case this version is scrubbed by YouTube as well, it's Only a Pawn in Their Game by Bob Dylan.

The reason the colleges are trying to make history all black and white is it camouflages all those shades of gray--and the Powers that Be are among those shades of gray. Get us blaming each other for the shootings and lynchings, and we fail to notice how they're screwing us all. And the louder we get in denouncing each other and considering it a crime to consider the real effects of things like desegregation when there were lynchings--lynchings!--the more we let them get away with, and the more they can use those age-old tricks to impoverish us while we learn only of rope and nooses.

Dude, they can afford trolls. Don't be a useful idiot for them for free! They don't need it. They don't deserve it.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-28-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    I did just that. And in the end, you found you didn't disagree with me. I said two things--desegregation combined with corporatism--did more to destroy the American dream for people of color than a thousand lynchings, and you were triggered. You fought me tooth and nail. But once you calmed down enough to actually listen to me, you saw merit in what I said--and found you had already heard that and saw merit in it. Didn't you?

It never ceases to amaze me how willing people are to fight over something before they ever take the trouble to understand it. Someone can say the sky is azure, but if azure is our trigger word, we'd rather kill them than let them go away without admitting the sky is yellow. And even after experiences like this thread, you're still at it. Assuming people are enemies if they don't march in lockstep, and lobbing personal insults in lieu of understanding alternate points of view.

Have you ever gone back and looked at past conversations you had when you were a communist? You might learn something from those.
    So you necro a thread, and then try to tell me I still don't think America is racist to the core? I still do.

No wonder we're so easy to manipulate, divide and conquer. Trump is destroying the media? Puh-lease. Trump has always adored the media. It gave him everything he treasures--money, power, and most of all, attention.
    Oh I see, this , like everything else, somehow ties to Trump, right? Explain to me again how?

I said two things--desegregation combined with corporatism--did more to destroy the American dream for people of color than a thousand lynchings, and you were triggered.
    Yeah, and I still am "triggered" by saying desegregation hurt black people. It still simply is not true.

Banned

Blog Entries

I am an alt-righter, I am a SJW, which is it? Do you even know? Is the whole world a book of labels to you?

Get us blaming each other for the shootings and lynchings, and we fail to notice how they're screwing us all. And the louder we get in denouncing each other and considering it a crime to consider the real effects of things like desegregation when there were lynchings--lynchings!-
    You just simply have no idea the terror lynching cause in a people who already have no state protection, and who are actually persecuted by the state regularly. Plus, do you have any idea how many lynchings per year at the height of lynchings? Any idea at all? Take a guess. I touched the physical documentation of one year's worth. I'd like for you to tell me your best guess... as you minimize lynchings.
    Last edited by UWDude; 07-28-2017 at 08:14 PM.

You just simply have no idea the terror lynching cause in a people who already have no state protection, and who are actually persecuted by the state regularly. Plus, do you have any idea how many lynchings per year in America there were in the 1910 - 1920 era? Any idea at all? Take a guess. I touched the physical documentation of one year's worth. I'd like for you to tell me your best guess... as you minimize lynchings.
    You told me the other day that a "nation" has the right to do whatever they can do (might is right).

e.g. to throw out Mexicans

Do you think that comports with your previous views?

It's okay to change your mind.

Do you still believe that blacks are kept down by racism, and not other factors (like economics)?

P.S. Are you black?

Banned

Blog Entries
    You told me the other day that a "nation" has the right to do whatever they can do (might is right).
    You know damn well that is not what I said. We even had a discussion about what I said, where you noted you understood the difference between what I said, "might makes rights" and "might makes right", and yet, to win an argument online, you lie. You clearly in the other thread, said you understood what I was saying, and then tried ot refute that, yet, two days later, here you are, being scummy again. Back to your old self. This is why I don't respect you. You are scummy, you are a troll, and you are dishonest. "Debating" with you is pointless. The only thing you are good for is flame practice.

Do you think that comports with your previous views?

It's okay to change your mind.

Do you still believe that blacks are kept down by racism, and not other factors (like economics)?

P.S. Are you black?
    If you ever, EVER want to EVER have an honest debate with me, try being honest first. Or else I will just continue to treat you like I do Zippy and CPUd, who also are dishonest, disgusting trolls.

You know damn well that is not what I said. We even had a discussion about what I said, where you noted you understood the difference between what I said, "might makes rights" and "might makes right", and yet, to win an argument online, you lie. You clearly in the other thread, said you understood what I was saying, and then tried ot refute that, yet, two days later, here you are, being scummy again. Back to your old self. This is why I don't respect you. You are scummy, you are a troll, and you are dishonest. "Debating" with you is pointless. The only thing you are good for is flame practice.
    To be fair (to myself) your argument was incoherent.

If you ever, EVER want to EVER have an honest debate with me, try being honest first. Or else I will just continue to treat you like I do Zippy and CPUd, who also are dishonest, disgusting trolls.
    Am I part of the America which has always been racist, period?

Thesis: all alt-righters are self-hating blacks/Mexicans

So you necro a thread, and then try to tell me I still don't think America is racist to the core? I still do.
    I didn't say anything of the sort.

Oh I see, this , like everything else, somehow ties to Trump, right? Explain to me again how?
    You jumped to both conclusions based on no evidence, but rather the brainwashing you have received

Yeah, and I still am "triggered" by saying desegregation hurt black people. It still simply is not true.
    Hurt all? Hurts those in their prime today? Of course not. But you deny, despite the evidence we have examined, that it ever hurt anyone? Not even those educators who lost their jobs after Brown v. Board of Education because the schools and/or districts they headed were closed in favor of white schools? Not even those entrepreneurs of Greenwood whose businesses failed because the institutionalized racism which desegregation did not magically end overnight, and made it impossible for them to compete with white businesses for the patronage of their own people? It didn't hurt even one single individual of color? Not one?

You just simply have no idea the terror lynching cause in a people who already have no state protection, and who are actually persecuted by the state regularly. Plus, do you have any idea how many lynchings per year at the height of lynchings? Any idea at all? Take a guess. I touched the physical documentation of one year's worth. I'd like for you to tell me your best guess... as you minimize lynchings.
    According to the Tuskegee Institute figures, between the years 1882 and 1951, 4,730 people were lynched in the United States: 3,437 Negro and 1,293 white.3 The largest number of lynchings occurred in 1892.
    teachersinstitute.yale.edu/curriculum/units/1979/2/79

Cheney and Company killed more people than that on September 11, 2001 alone. One day of bombing Syria is liable to kill more innocents than that. And I'm including the pale people who were lynched when I say that. Even so, when you say I'm trying to minimize lynchings you are once again lying out your ass. Indeed, lynchings were used to ensure the victim demographic could not escape the economic trap of the company store, the New Slavery that outlasted slavery by decades. You seem to differentiate the lynchings from the economic warfare. There's no sense in that.

What I am saying to you is, you refuse to allow anyone to discuss this economic Company Store New Slavery, you refuse to allow us to learn how that same sort of economic warfare is being waged on us today, you refuse to allow us to look at any other aspect of racism, class division, and injustice at all, no matter how much we can learn about our current troubles from it. We must not learn how desegregating shopping without desegregating the wholesale business deprived millions--not thousands but--millions--of the chance at entrepreneurship. Why not? Because lynching happened. We must not learn how by the time society caught up with desegregation, and blacks gained the ability to compete with whites in business, regulation had made it nearly impossible for any entrepreneur to get a start. Why? Because Dude thinks it would be disrespectful to people who would be dead by now even if they hadn't been lynched. This is how you are coming across. It really is.

You want to use your moral indignation over thousands to curtail my free speech about how tens--make that hundreds--of millions are being deprived of rights which our great grandfathers (of all races, to a greater or lesser degree) enjoyed. You can deny that until you're blue in the face, but that is exactly what you are doing. You can deny it's your intent--and I'd probably believe you--but it still casts you in the role of Useful Idiot for the Robber Barons.

Spew your denials. I expect nothing less. That's fine. But I have one more challenge for you. See if you can spew your denials without mischaracterizing and maliciously skewing what I have said. You haven't met that standard since this thread began. Are you capable of it?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-28-2017 at 09:14 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    you refuse to allow us to look at any other aspect of racism, class division, and injustice at all, no matter how much we can learn about our current troubles from it.
    Not even true. See if you can spew your denials without mischaracterizing and maliciously skewing what I have said. You haven't met that standard since this thread began. Are you capable of it?
    You jumped to both conclusions based on no evidence, but rather the brainwashing you have received
    So you necroed a thread to tell me I am brainwashed? You can insult me in any other thread, with any other reply, and call me brainwashed.

P.S. I know why you found this thread. I know what you have been doing. I must have hit you raw for you to start digging that deep, looking for dirt. It's cool, we all do that. It's the internet and all. What is kind of funny is how derailed you got from your original dirt mission on me. Ha ha.

Better luck next time, gumshoe.
    Last edited by UWDude; 07-28-2017 at 09:16 PM.

You just simply have no idea the terror lynching cause in a people who already have no state protection, and who are actually persecuted by the state regularly... as you minimize lynchings.
    QED

And I don't wake up in a new world every day. I put some thought into this thread, and I remembered it. Sorry to destroy your half-baked theory. But when I saw you running around behaving obnoxiously, I thought some other people might be interested to see it.

And some were. I'd ask how that makes me unlucky in your eyes, but I honestly don't care. I've had enough of your so-called thought processes to last me months and months.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-28-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Over the last several months I have pondered who I dislike the most... is it Trump-worshippers or SJWs.

Now since I see they can be one in the same, it really helps.

Thanks for the bump, Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Over the last several months I have pondered who I dislike the most... is it Trump-worshippers or SJWs.

Now since I see they can be one in the same, it really helps.

Thanks for the bump, Tulsa.
    Seconded

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast