Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Carolina Indicts White Officer For Killing Black Man

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

South Carolina Indicts White Officer For Killing Black Man

No justice, no peace....wait a second?

http://www.infowars.com/sc-jury-indi...media-ignores/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post

Is this your way of being "cute?" The cop got indicted in SC (good for that grand jury) so everyone else in the country should stop protesting? Copsucker

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Is this your way of being "cute?" The cop got indicted in SC (good for that grand jury) so everyone else in the country should stop protesting? Copsucker
    I never said that. But by the tone of the protests, you would think white cops are swallowing black citizens by the thousands like Great Whites sharks at a seal beach.

pretty certain AuH20 is very happy to see that justice is finally coming around, and he also believes this will now be the norm for bad cops getting what they deserve...right goldie?

This sums up the complex problem. BINGO

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    pretty certain AuH20 is very happy to see that justice is finally coming around, and he also believes this will now be the norm for bad cops getting what they deserve...right goldie?
    All scumbags need a good kick in the ass if they act like a savage. It doesn't matter if you're a cop.

All scumbags need a good kick in the ass if they act like a savage. It doesn't matter if you're a cop.
    You say that but you and the Justice system give cops the benefit of the doubt that is not normally given to a mundane.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You say that but you and the Justice system give cops the benefit of the doubt that is not normally given to a mundane.
    I think that's how they maintain their loyalty. With that said, in theory they should be given the benefit of the doubt but not to this extreme degree. The common excuses have raced past the point of sanity. Police unions should not be dictating what is morally wrong or right.

with this War on Cops, my hope is they all quit or go on strike...

This sums up the complex problem. BINGO

So the 12 year old kid that got shot 1.5 seconds after the police got out of the car was a POS too?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

That's nice. South Carolina is also 29.7% black which is more than twice the national average. Pretty hard to a DA to get away with throwing an indictment under those circumstances. But let's hope the other DA's that have been throwing the indictments get kicked out on their butts.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I think that's how they maintain their loyalty. With that said, in theory they should be given the benefit of the doubt but not to this extreme degree. The common excuses have raced past the point of sanity. Police unions should not be dictating what is morally wrong or right.
    No they SHOULD NOT be given the benefit of the doubt because it evolves to this point when people do. They are there to protect and serve. Uphold the law. Not be above it. People like you giving them the benefit of the doubt is how it got to this point. Blame the police union all you like but this whole attitude of "Cops should be given the benefit of the doubt" has created this situation.

No they SHOULD NOT be given the benefit of the doubt because it evolves to this point when people do. They are there to protect and serve. Uphold the law. Not be above it. People like you giving them the benefit of the doubt is how it got to this point. Blame the police union all you like but this whole attitude of "Cops should be given the benefit of the doubt" has created this situation.
    ^This. Why is okay to hold doctors, nurses, pilots, bus drivers etc accountable when they don't do their jobs right, but when it comes to the police no questions allowed?

I don't think we can have millions of citizens playing the role of monday morning quarterback when they weren't on the crime scene. That's my point with giving them the benefit of the doubt. I would like the benefit of doubt as well when defending myself or others. With that said, I don't think it's too much to ask for the law enforcement community to adhere to some basic tenets of common decency.
    Last edited by AuH20; 12-05-2014 at 01:50 PM.

I don't think we can have millions of citizens playing the role of monday morning quarterback when they weren't on the crime scene. That's my point with giving them the benefit of the doubt. I would like the benefit of doubt as well when defending myself or others. With that said, I don't think it's too much to ask for the law enforcement community to adhere to some basic tenets of common decency.
    Well that's what dash cameras are for. And I don't care about "millions of citizens". What's needed are independent review boards. It's clear from Ferguson that prosecutors are willing to change the rules to protect their buddies. Whether Darren Wilson was guilty or not, the prosecution didn't follow it's own SOP and threw the indictment.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    ^This. Why is okay to hold doctors, nurses, pilots, bus drivers etc accountable when they don't do their jobs right, but when it comes to the police no questions allowed?
    It comes back to that age old question of who is policing the police? Internal investigations need to be scrapped for some type of unbiased outside investigators. A monopoly on power is a disease and the symptoms are abuse, unequal justice and no accountability.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    It comes back to that age old question of who is policing the police? Internal investigations need to be scrapped for some type of unbiased outside investigators. A monopoly on power is a disease and the symptoms are abuse, unequal justice and no accountability.
    The question is. How can you create an independent police department when it is beholden to the political class for funding? It's probably not possible.

The question is. How can you create an independent police department when it is beholden to the political class for funding? It's probably not possible.
    Anything is possible if one thinks outside the box.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

So the 12 year old kid that got shot 1.5 seconds after the police got out of the car was a POS too?
    Well this 'comedian' ain't no George Carlin.

We have 2.4 million people in this country incarcerated. Meanwhile, we have roughly 600k full-time police. Let's say of those 2.4 million incarcerated, a third are unfairly there so we can remove them. That's still 1.6 million and almost 3 times that of the police. So when I go outside, I'm not primarily worried about the police as the chief threat because (a) there are far less of them in comparison to the criminal class & (B) I can at least identify the police by their uniforms and vehicle markings & avoid them.
    Last edited by AuH20; 12-05-2014 at 02:36 PM.

The AP story describes Combs as an "ex-cop", which I assume means he is currently not employed as a police officer. Too bad for him, if he was still a cop and on-duty, he could simply say the magical police words, "I felt threatened", and have gotten away with it.

We have 2.4 million people in this country incarcerated. Meanwhile, we have roughly 600k full-time police. Let's say of those 2.4 million incarcerated, a third are unfairly there so we can remove them. That's still 1.6 million and almost 3 times that of the police. So when I go outside, I'm not primarily worried about the police as the chief threat because (a) there are far less of them in comparison to the criminal class & (B) I can at least identify the police by their uniforms and vehicle markings & avoid them.
    Ummmm....that's got nothing to do with the image that you posted or my response to it. The question posed is if the "customer" is always a "POS". If you get pulled over for a broken taillight are you a POS? How about if you call the police because someone has broken into your home? Are you a POS? AF has posted quite a few articles of people who have called the police for some reason or another and their dog, sometimes a toy dog, got shot. Are all of those people POS too? The dogs? No I realize most police encounters don't end with harm either to the dog or to the person. But my point is, if police really take the attitude of the idiot comedian that you posted, then we are in trouble. And it's possible that what happened to the black man killed at Walmart without warning or the black 12 year old boy killed by cops at the park with no warning (police lied and said that told him to put the gun down 3 times, but you can't do that in 1.5 seconds) may have had the attitude that any black man (or boy) with a gun is likely as POS. And that is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    with this War on Cops, my hope is they all quit or go on strike...
    This would be my dream come true! Maybe we could then see for a fact that most people just want to get along and won't cause trouble unless others start it. Like in N.O. after Katrina, the areas where people were free to keep their weapons (and the goons stayed away) things were O.K. It was the places where the goons disarmed everyone where all the trouble happened (anyone remember the Superbowl stadium)?
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    The AP story describes Combs as an "ex-cop", which I assume means he is currently not employed as a police officer. Too bad for him, if he was still a cop and on-duty, he could simply say the magical police words, "I felt threatened", and have gotten away with it.
    He was working as a police officer in 2011 when he killed the man. He finally got indicted this year. His attorney believes that the publicity surrounding the recent cases where cops were not indicted helped

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...a-coincidence/
    In South Carolina, a state with a long and deep history of racial discrimination against African Americans, three white law enforcement officers have been indicted in recent months on charges stemming from incidents in which they shot — and in two cases, killed — unarmed black men.

So what happened? How did officers in the Palmetto State wind up being indicted while cops in New York and Ferguson, Mo., did not?

The broader national climate of scrutiny surrounding Michael Brown’s death in Ferguson and Eric Garner’s in New York probably played a role.

“Each prosecutor will take whatever stance he or she thinks is appropriate,” said University of South Carolina professor Geoffrey Alpert, who studies the use of force by law enforcement. “They are political people for the most part, they have to understand that the nature of their decision is going to have a huge impact.”

Indictments in the three cases came in the last four months. The most recent was delivered on Wednesday, when a grand jury charged a former police chief, Richard Combs, with murder. The indictment came nearly four years after Combs shot and killed an unarmed black man, Bernard Bailey, outside the Eutawville, S.C., police station.

Combs, who at the time of the shooting was the department’s only officer, had been charged in 2013 with misconduct. But when a judge threw out his “stand your ground” argument, that he had justifiably used deadly force, a prosecutor asked the grand jury to consider a more serious charge.

Combs’ lawyer has accused prosecutor David Pascoe, a Democratic politician with a reputation for being “tough” and “aggressive,” of caving to national pressures.

“He’s trying to make it racial because his timing is perfect,” attorney John O’Leary told the Associated Press. “He’s got all the national issues going on, so they want to drag him [Combs] in and say, look what a great community we are here, because we’re going to put a police officer who was doing his job in jail for 30 years. That’s wrong. That’s completely wrong.”

So...based on the fact that this killing happened in 2011 and the cop, who no longer works for the police force, just now got indicted after major unrest about white cops killing unarmed blacks, doesn't that undermine the thesis that race has nothing to with what's going on?

Why are you making this about race, Drake? It happens on both sides.

‘Justice for Dillon Taylor’ sought for white Utah man fatally shot by black officer
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...h-man-fatally/

White teen who was killed by a black cop in Alabama mirrors Ferguson
    http://rightwingnews.com/culture/whi...rors-ferguson/
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 12-06-2014 at 08:36 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Why are you making this about race, Drake? It happens on both sides.

‘Justice for Dillon Taylor’ sought for white Utah man fatally shot by black officer
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...h-man-fatally/

White teen who was killed by a black cop in Alabama mirrors Ferguson
    http://rightwingnews.com/culture/whi...rors-ferguson/
    LE, why did you not carefully read what I wrote? I've been the main person pointing out that police brutality happens on both sides. The point that I'm making is that this particular indictment of a white cop actually strengthens the racial angle as it happened 3 years late and only after major unrest over white cops shooting black cops. In fact the officer's own attorney is making the race argument. He's claiming the DA who indicted his client is being racial not because the DA actually said anything racial, but by the mere fact that the indictment was pushed through now.

Combs’ lawyer has accused prosecutor David Pascoe, a Democratic politician with a reputation for being “tough” and “aggressive,” of caving to national pressures.

“He’s trying to make it racial because his timing is perfect,” attorney John O’Leary told the Associated Press. “He’s got all the national issues going on, so they want to drag him [Combs] in and say, look what a great community we are here, because we’re going to put a police officer who was doing his job in jail for 30 years. That’s wrong. That’s completely wrong.”

Seriously, after all these years of you wanting me to take a side other than one Infowars was pushing I would think you'd be happy that I saw their mistake on this one.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 12-06-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Maybe Law enforcement officers need to have a special license that allows them the privilege to by some real fancy and expensive malpractice insurance so if they shoot someone the community does not have to foot the bill and if their insurance gets canceled because of their high risk they loose their job and their license. How is that one for a liberal solution? :^)

Yeah while stacks of police officers walk free. This is oppression.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast