Thread: Ron Paul: Evangelicals' Support for War at Odds With Fundamental Teachings of Jesus

Ron Paul: Evangelicals' Support for War at Odds With Fundamental Teachings of Jesus

Ron Paul: Evangelicals' Support for War at Odds With Fundamental Teachings of Jesus

BroadwayWorld.com

December 4, 2014

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark., Dec. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ In an exclusive interview with FTMDaily’s (http://ftmdaily.com/) Jerry Robinson, former Congressman Ron Paul discusses some of his core values as an American and as a human being. “On Faith and Family: A Conversation With Dr. Ron Paul” provides compelling insight on the problems facing the nation today, as well as reflections on Paul’s three presidential campaigns.

Paul explained that war and strong-arm diplomacy, both part of America’s compulsion to police the world, are fundamentally unsound policies. Most disturbingly, he said, is that a vocal minority of the Christian Evangelical community is strongly in favor of such foreign policy stances and considers die-hard support of Israel, for instance, to be a litmus test for any political candidate. Asked why some Evangelicals have gone down a path of militarism, Paul does not even hazard a guess.

”It’s probably been going on for a hundred years or so, that there’s been a segment of the Christian faith that endorses this violence,” remarked Paul. “It’s one of the discouraging things for me because it’s, to me, so inconsistent. It doesn’t even make any sense to me. I was taught that the New Testament was a ‘new’ testament, and that we didn’t have sacrifices and other things of the Old Testament. My understanding is that Jesus was the Prince of Peace, and that you weren’t out looking for war.”

Though serious about his faith, Paul has never been one to parade it publicly or use it as a tool for political leverage. Instead, he advocates that one’s life and works should stand alone as demonstrations of faith. Robinson concurs that Paul’s belief in peace, free trade and diplomacy are all in step with the Gospels as written.

Ultimately, Paul concludes that the cultivation of personal liberty and personal responsibility, both in the financial and physical sense, will help the people of this nation to meet virtually any challenge facing them.

Reprinted from BroadwayWorld.com

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/12/n...-jesus-christ/

Not a problem for Pauinism/Christianity.

"By their fruits, ye shall know them."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, it is a problem for Christianity. Christianity is a religion of peace. That most professing Christians don't get it doesn't make it untrue.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Yes, it is a problem for Christianity. Christianity is a religion of peace. That most professing Christians don't get it doesn't make it untrue.
    Really, really complicated ....... WWJD?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Well, Jesus didn't marry but we're still allowed to. Its not QUITE as simple as you are making it out to be.

That said, there's nothing in the Bible that would make a reasonable person believe that warmongering is justified. Nothing at all. Warmongering isn't Christian, nor is it "Paulian". A lot of people just twist the Bible for their own nationalistic ends.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Ron Paul didn't get the memo. You're supposed to worship Jesus, not listen to him.

Don't worry. He'll forgive you. What? He said otherwise Himself? Now what did I just say...?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Seeing as war (especially modern war) is waged primarily for benefit of the State and special interests and not God or His people-he would condemn war, the State, the military, and just about everything associated with aggressive war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

tsai3904 posted the vid and transcript here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...amily-11-18-14

I think neocons led more Christians astray since '01 than the devil himself.

Remember this guy?:

Last edited by Lucille; 12-04-2014 at 03:59 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Well, Jesus didn't marry but we're still allowed to. Its not QUITE as simple as you are making it out to be.

That said, there's nothing in the Bible that would make a reasonable person believe that warmongering is justified. Nothing at all. Warmongering isn't Christian, nor is it "Paulian". A lot of people just twist the Bible for their own nationalistic ends.
    Now you can just go on and explain, excuse and justify Paulinism/Christian church bloody anti-Jesus history since ~450 A.D..

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now you can just go on and explain, excuse and justify Paulinism/Christian church bloody anti-Jesus history since ~450 A.D..
    It's more an issue of sociopathic Roman politicians claiming to be "christian" and distorting what Paul meant. (Protestants do the same thing nowadays) Until the Great Schism, the Roman Chruch was in sacramental unity with the Eastern Church. IOW, the Roman Church seems to have let itself become "of" the world instead of "in" the world in contradiction to the admonishments of Paul and the apostles.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    tsai3904 posted the vid and transcript here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...amily-11-18-14

I think neocons led more Christians astray since '01 than the devil himself.

Remember this guy?:

Wow.. he sounds more like Rand Paul than like himself in that video... again... wow...
    I'm not going to defend everything professing Christians have done, especially when they've tied themselves up with power, but that's a different issue than the issue of Christianity as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    It's more an issue of sociopathic Roman politicians claiming to be "christian" and distorting what Paul meant. (Protestants do the same thing nowadays) Until the Great Schism, the Roman Chruch was in sacramental unity with the Eastern Church. IOW, the Roman Church seems to have let itself become "of" the world instead of "in" the world in contradiction to the admonishments of Paul and the apostles.
    There are plenty of Protestants who aren't tied up in the State apparatus. Far more so than in the RCC.

There are plenty of Protestants who aren't tied up in the State apparatus. Far more so than in the RCC.
    Evidence of your claim? Catholics were extremely distrusted in US politics until Kennedy. (my grandmother cursed Catholics every time the subject came up, ya know) Aside from the Kennedy Clan, there isn't much Roman Catholic presence in national politics AFAIK.

Yeah, there are protestants who aren't statists or part of the apparatus. I didn't claim otherwise. IIRC, our brother RP is a Protestant of some flavour.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Christians I know are much less pro war than they were a decade ago. Many are moving in the right direction.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Christians I know are much less pro war than they were a decade ago. Many are moving in the right direction.
    I don't know if it's the fact that they aren't as pro war as in the past. I think they just understand what the rest of us know in that we can't afford it. I see the same phenomenon, though. Most of the Christians that I talk with seem to have less of a "pro-war" vibe. It's interesting.
    Geo-politically, we still see Christianity being challenged throughout the world. What I mean by that is that many forms of Christianity don't conform to American/western Christianity and that is something that is a part of their historic support for war. Of course, war comes in many forms.

Fundamentally, I don't think that views themselves on the subject have changed but outliers are timely in creating that illusion.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 12-04-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Nope, I'm talking clergy, institutions, hypocrisy, corruption and official policy over centuries, from the Satanic hijack beginnings.

"By their fruits, ye shall know them."

Thay have been brainwashed by the Scofield Bible and the likes of John Hagee who is funded by Zionists to preach a false doctrine.

Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    That's just what you get with a religion "ABOUT" Jesus, instead of the one "OF" Jesus.