Thread: "GUN NUT IN THE NEWS" -- Is he a regular here ?

"GUN NUT IN THE NEWS" -- Is he a regular here ?

I don't write em, I;m just glad your ok

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/g...r-on-way-home/

A Gun nut yells at cops conducting DUI checkpoint, later hit by drunk driver on way home
    exas gun-rights activist avoided serious injury over the weekend when a suspected drunken driver slammed into him after leaving his observation of a DUI checkpoint.

Kory Watkins, a “cop watcher” and president of the Open Carry Tarrant County group, said he was on his way home from a protest at a traffic safety checkpoint set up by Arlington police when he was struck from behind by another vehicle.

“A drunk driver was going around 100 mph and smashed into the back of me,” Watkins said on his Facebook page. “I could not control the car, I went sideways, then flipped 3 times, hit a cement piller to stop my roll and put me in a ditch on The side of (Interstate) 287. I was 2 miles from being home. I am incredible lucky to be breathing. I can’t tell you how lucky I am to be alive.”

Watkins had been alerting other drivers to the checkpoint — which courts have upheld as constitutional but the libertarian activist describes as revenue-generating scheme — and shouting “You criminals!” at officers as they stopped drivers.

He later thanked officers for checking on his well-being after the crash, although he was ticketed for driving without a valid license.

“I don’t ask for permission to drive a car I paid for on a road I paid for,” Watkins said.

He posted on Facebook that he did not advocate drinking and driving, but he also said he didn’t believe there should be laws against drunken driving.

Watkins lashed out at his critics who pointed out the layers of irony in the incident.

“I see a few sick I individuals taken time to think this is a joke or it’s funny that the cops helped me,” Watkins said. “Let me say this. I am happy the police showed up to catch him but I’m trying to figure out where they helped me any….. Was it the part where they showed up 15 minutes after the crime or was it when they wrote me a 300$ ticket after my car was totaled?”

“Any sick f*ck that thinks this is the time to crack irony jokes can go the hell away,” Watkins continued. “I’m lucky to be alive. There are some sick people that try to take a situation and spin it to fit their beliefs when they don’t know crap. Some sick people …. Mother f*cker almost dies and people are joking about it. Disgusting.”
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow. Fuggin' copsuckers in the comment section. The "law and order" type are really frothing at the mouth and fapping in glee over this.

Hope Kory is doing alright. It takes a helluva man not to change his convictions after an incident like this.

Yes he is, or was.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Wow. Fuggin' copsuckers in the comment section. The "law and order" type are really frothing at the mouth and fapping in glee over this.
    Why are they? The checkpoint clearly didn't stop the driver from hitting someone after drinking and driving. Checkpoints do not prevent drunk driving and they harass way more sober people than dangerously intoxicated drivers. If anything, his situation proves the checkpoints are ineffectual since he was still hit by a drunk driver even with a checkpoint up. How can that be? Checkpoints keep us safe!!??
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

“A drunk driver was going around 100 mph and smashed into the back of me,” Watkins said on his Facebook...
    Maybe if all of the police weren't standing around at the checkpoint, one of them would have been on the road and saw this erratic reckless driver.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Hmmm...yep just call me a conspiracy theorist and get it over with...I don't think I need to say it.

But, he was leaving ... did someone want to teach him a lesson?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Why are they? The checkpoint clearly didn't stop the driver from hitting someone after drinking and driving. Checkpoints do not prevent drunk driving and they harass way more sober people than dangerously intoxicated drivers. If anything, his situation proves the checkpoints are ineffectual since he was still hit by a drunk driver even with a checkpoint up. How can that be? Checkpoints keep us safe!!??
    And when they put checkpoints on major roads on a regular basis, the drunks will probably just take alternative routes, probably going further and through residential neighborhoods. Great work.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This... And the real hard core drunkards have already learned long ago, during weekend and holiday evenings and nights, drive only on side-roads, back-roads, and through residential areas.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So Rawstory must have picked this up from Dallas Observer, DO, who used essentially the same headline. One, there were no DUI checkpoints on that particular night, two, Kory was going home from work I believe when when he was hit. Kory hasn't posted here in quite a while. He organizes Tarrant Co. copwatch meetups as well as TC Open Carry Texas TCOCT so the DO has quite the bug up the butt, and rarely get the story straight.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    So Rawstory must have picked this up from Dallas Observer, DO, who used essentially the same headline. One, there were no DUI checkpoints on that particular night, two, Kory was going home from work I believe when when he was hit. Kory hasn't posted here in quite a while. He organizes Tarrant Co. copwatch meetups as well as TC Open Carry Texas TCOCT so the DO has quite the bug up the butt, and rarely get the story straight.
    So the local media and rawstory just made up the story as they saw fit? He wasn't leaving a checkpoint observation? I'm confused.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

So the local media and rawstory just made up the story as they saw fit? He wasn't leaving a checkpoint observation? I'm confused.
    Yes, he was not leaving a checkpoint observation when he was hit, he was leaving work. The twit reporter @ the DO, Stephen Young, embellished his story a bit you might say. This was after being told by Kory that he was leaving work at the time, but declined to be interviewed because of previous excoriations by that paper and/or journalist(not).

Here is the original story at the DO:
    http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfa...checkpoint.php

You can find Kory readily on FB and ask him about it. Kory also delights in sharing all the hate comments he gets form the rabid moms and lefties and such.

Edit: I think Kory said it was Sky Chadde at the DO who Kory said he spoke to, but SY did this particular story. DO has had 9 stories so far that mention Kory.

Second Edit: : straight from the DO stories comments, I think the poster below also has it wrong, as Kory's first post about it was: Kory Watkins
    November 25 at 1:28am ·(Monday night/Tues morning)
    I just got hit. Lucky to be alive

Statement written by Kory Watkins :

"Sky Chadde and his pal from the Dallas Observer called me last night to answer questions about my wreck. I told them I did not want to. He asked me if I was at a DUI checkpoint the night of my wreck, I said no and they wrote that I was anyways. Then went on to make it fit their propaganda agenda for hate and slander. Pretty disgusting reporters would try to benefit from that."

Considering that Kory is a close personal friend of mine and I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that he, his wife, and his kids were returning home from the store, I am not sure what is more disgusting.

That the Dallas Observer would be willing to lie to an ignorant public, or that the American people stopped searching for the truth and just blindly accept whatever is told to them.
    Last edited by libertyjam; 12-10-2014 at 08:05 AM.

He's back in the news.

Texas open-carry leader uses Facebook to call for armed takeover of Washington

On Saturday the president of a Texas open-carry group called for like-minded followers to join him in marching on Washington to “arrest the bankers, crooked politicians and restore liberty here in our country” at gunpoint.

Saying that voting “is not working,” Kory Watkins, president of the Open Carry Tarrant County, wrote on his Facebook page: “Have you ever thought we might just need to organize a very large group of our own people. Like 200 from each state so we can march armed to DC take over the city, arrest the bankers, crooked politicians and restore liberty here in our country? I’m not scared. I mean really…..voting and waiting is not working!”

Watkins recently made the news when he posted on Facebook that he was involved in a car crash with a drunk driver as he returned from protesting at a DUI safety checkpoint set up by Arlington police.

Watkins had reportedly been warning motorists about the checkpoint while shouting “You criminals!” at officers as they stopped drivers.

Earlier this week, a reported member of Watkins’ open-carry group, Veronica Dunnachie, allegedly shot and killed her estranged husband and her 20-year-old stepdaughter. Watkins told Guns.com via email that Dunnachie is not a member of the group, despite pictures of Watkins posing with the woman at an event.

Watkins recently ran for U.S. Congress as a Liberty Candidate, pledging to “defend the Constitution.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/t...of-washington/

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    That's not going to work... I respect the idea but I would personally only do something suicidal if doing otherwise would be immoral...
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading