Thread: John McCain just said he is thinking of Running for President on Colbert

John McCain just said he is thinking of Running for President on Colbert

Please shoot me now

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I guess it must be about time for his next series of rejuvenation infusions ...

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Bush, Clinton, and now McCain.

If Al Gore sets out to reinvent the internet and suddenly ISIS hangs a guy named Chad, we'll know the CIA is trying to fool us into thinking it's 2000 again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

McCain probably thinks Colbert is actually Colbert.

Why would McCain NOT run again? Why would the military contractors and bankers want to reinvest in a whole new Senatorial relationship? Why are we somehow assuming that the People Of Arizona are somehow self-determining and will magically vote in their own best interests? The problem is not McCain. McCain is a symptom and a manifestation.
    Last edited by anaconda; 12-02-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Did everybody boo?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can you imagine the primaries...McCain, Romney, Santorum - any other losers planning on running?

The deja vu crew.

McCain says "most likely" running for re-election

Washington (CNN) -- John McCain says he is "most likely" running for re-election in 2016, but is aware that he will be a top target for conservative groups gunning for establishment Republicans in primaries.
    In an interview with CNN, the Arizona senator stepped closer to pulling the trigger on a campaign for a sixth term and seems to be spoiling for the fight. But he also said he's not sure Republicans can hang on to the Senate in two years after grabbing it back from Democrats in the midterm elections.
    "I am approaching it, that decision, and it's most likely that I will announce that I am a running again," said McCain, who will be 80 at the time of the 2016 election.
    McCain had previously said he was considering and "leaning towards" a campaign but would announce his intentions in early 2015.
    The veteran senator is about to get his firmest grip on power in Washington since his defeat to President Barack Obama in the 2008 election. He will serve as chairman of the influential Senate Armed Services Committee when Republicans take the majority in January.
    But McCain said he would run the committee on the assumption that he will be chairman for only two years, because the Republican majority's fate will also be decided in 2016.
    "It is certainly not clear whether we keep the Senate or not," he said. "That will depend on how we can show the American people with a Republican majority that we can govern or not."
    McCain knows that tea party and other activists are already lining him up and could seek to exploit positions on immigration and torture that have put him at odds with the conservative base.
    "I will be at the top of the list, there is no doubt about that," said McCain. "I expect a vigorous campaign. For me to expect anything else would be foolish. And I'm not foolish."
    In his last election, in 2010, McCain fought off a vocal primary challenge from conservative former House Republican and radio host J.D. Hayworth. Since then, a number of Tea Party-backed candidates have made a practice of challenging longtime lawmakers and candidates favored by the party establishment in primaries.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/12/politi...politics-2016/

I'd love for johnny to run again.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Hope he does!

For the way that Rand Paul schooled Trey Grayson at the Senate debates. Rand should have no preference for who he faces including Hilliary.
    Last edited by dude58677; 12-14-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.