Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charges Dropped For Cop Who Fatally Shot Sleeping 7-Year-Old Girl

Charges Dropped For Cop Who Fatally Shot Sleeping 7-Year-Old Girl

Charges Dropped For Cop Who Fatally Shot Sleeping 7-Year-Old Girl
    Officer Weekley recently saw manslaughter charge dropped against him

by Counter Current News | December 1, 2014

In all of the melee resulting from the shooting of Michael Brown by Officer Darren Wilson, the media has overlooked a number of other very important shootings of unarmed civilians by police officers. One of the most egregious offenses is that of Officer Joseph Weekley’s fatal shooting of 7-year-old Aiyana Stanley-Jones.

Officer Weekley recently saw manslaughter charge dropped against him, for shooting the 7-year-old while she slept.

The Detroit police officer had been on trial for involuntary manslaughter who was shot and killed during a 2010 police raid.

But early in October, Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Cynthia Gray Hathaway granted a motion which Weekley’s attorney had filed, arguing for the dismissal of the felony charge he faced in the young girl’s death.

The trial was brought to an end while the Michigan Court of Appeals reviewed an emergency appeal of the ruling.

Presiding Judge Michael Talbot issued the order to deny the appeal and allow the judge’s dismal to stand

“Although I find that the trial court erred in form and substance in granting defendant’s motion for directed verdict, we are barred from reviewing that decision,” Talbot wrote.

The shooting happened just after midnight, back on May 16, 2010.

A SWAT team had conducted a raid to search for a murder suspect. Weekly ended up being first through the door.

There was even a film crew on hand to film for a reality show about murder investigations. Weekley says that another SWAT member had thrown a flash-bang grenade, which temporarily blinded him. That’s when he fired the shot that killed Aiyana who was asleep on the couch in the front room of the house.

Doubling down on this claim, in court he actually testified that Aiyana’s grandmother had somehow “touched” his gun, which made him fire the shot. But he failed to explain how he could tell she had done this when he claimed he couldn’t see anything at the time.

The prosecution noted that even having his finger on the trigger of his submachine gun was improper. “He could have avoided injury if he had followed his training,” Assistant Wayne County Prosecutor Robert Moran explained.

“He didn’t, and as a result of him not following his training and not following the mandates of ordinary care, someone was killed.”

But ultimately, the arguments and reason didn’t win out.

Roland Lawrence, the chairman of the Justice for Aiyana Committee, issued a statement after the court’s decision was announced.

“Surely, the death of a baby by a well-trained police force must be deemed unacceptable in a civilized society,” Lawrence said.

Steve Fishman, Weekley’s attorney, claimed that even though he did not dispute that his client pulled the trigger and killed the girl, “there is absolutely no evidence, none, that’s in the least bit credible, that Officer Weekley knowingly created a danger or, more importantly, intended to cause injury.”

After the dismissal, the only charge Weekley faced, was a relatively minor misdemeanor charge of “careless discharge of a firearm causing death.”

http://www.infowars.com/charges-drop...year-old-girl/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank God the child slept when the State swept down upon her, and sent her into the arms of the angels.

To the state, there is no limit to the number of sleeping seven year old children who could be sacrificed in its unyielding pursuit of unauthorized plant ownership.

Seems reasonable really, when you think about it.

THIS is the case people should protest over. an innocent child killed. NOT some thug, robber or dumbass.

I think the narrative nowadays is that it is the parents fault for having the child in a dangerous place.

We are overdue for "Crashland" and "RonPaul4Prez2014" to take their victory lap.

“Surely, the death of a baby by a well-trained police force must be deemed unacceptable in a civilized society,”

ok...time to write more letters i guess..

Shocked, shocked I am...

A SWAT team had conducted a raid to search for a murder suspect. Weekly ended up being first through the door.
    Propaganda organ fails to mention that the $#@!ing cops RAIDED THE WRONG HOME.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Propaganda organ fails to mention that the $#@!ing cops RAIDED THE WRONG HOME.
    That would have little impact on the decision. Even if it were the correct home the action would be justifiable to police and courts.

“careless discharge of a firearm causing death.”

I'll have to remember that one.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

I'll have to remember that one.
    most careless discharges cause life.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

There was even a film crew on hand to film for a reality show about murder investigations.
    Then they should be showing the reality of what these cops did, and that yet another one literally got away with murder, over and over.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

"Every attack on an officer of the law is an attack on our state, our country and civilized society," Corbett said in a statement. "The incident in Blooming Grove shows, once again, that our first responders face constant danger in order that the rest of us may live in peace and safety."
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    That would have little impact on the decision. Even if it were the correct home the action would be justifiable to police and courts.
    No, but it has a great of impact on what dumb-ass Boobus thinks about it.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    THIS is the case people should protest over. an innocent child killed. NOT some thug, robber or dumbass.
    That's why it won't go anywhere. If FOX and MSNBC can't pit their viewers against one another, they don't follow it.

That said, this story really turns my stomach-- my instincts as a dad really kicked it.
    Last edited by RJB; 12-01-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Doubling down on this claim, in court he actually testified that Aiyana’s grandmother had somehow “touched” his gun, which made him fire the shot. But he failed to explain how he could tell she had done this when he claimed he couldn’t see anything at the time.
    He couldn't even keep his story straight. SMDH.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There was even a film crew on hand to film for a reality propaganda show about murder investigations our glorious, heroic "boys in blue."
    Fixed it for them.

Steve Fishman, Weekley’s attorney, claimed that even though he did not dispute that his client pulled the trigger and killed the girl, “there is absolutely no evidence, none, that’s in the least bit credible, that Officer Weekley knowingly created a danger or, more importantly, intended to cause injury.”
    Contrary to the shyster, I think that busting in on homes at oh-dark-thirty with grenades and submachine guns is absolutely credible evidence of "knowingly creating a danger" and "intending to cause injury."

But then, I'm a sane person ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-01-2014 at 08:03 PM. Reason: propoganda --> propaganda
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Oh yeah? They should? Tell me when you setup this protest. I'll be sure to help you promote it. Oh wait, you ain't going to do $#@! except talk about when people should or shouldn't protest right? Then go whining about why there was no protest to this latest round of cop murder? When you, yourself didn't do $#@! about it either?

Okay. I'm waiting to for someone to say she did this to herself.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Well, obviously, Aiyana did NOT do this to herself. Aiyana's grandma did this to her ...

[Officer Weekley] testified that Aiyana’s grandmother had somehow “touched” his gun, which made him fire the shot.

Only Government on High can get away with "searching" for somebody using flashbangs and bullets. Praise be.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

This is what I'm talking about. It's probably easier to win people over when people can sympathize with the victim more. Police supporters are not gonna sympathize with a thug. This was a clear case where someone innocent of any crime was killed for no reason... just for sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Thank God the child slept when the State swept down upon her, and sent her into the arms of the angels.

To the state, there is no limit to the number of sleeping seven year old children who could be sacrificed in its unyielding pursuit of unauthorized plant ownership.

Seems reasonable really, when you think about it.
    Yep. The Enemy must smile indeed every time a child is killed because someone *might* possess a plant which the Good Lord put on this Earth.

If the plant in question were, say, lettuce, more people would realize the silliness of the exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Contrary to the shyster, I think that busting in on homes at oh-dark-thirty with grenades and submachine guns is absolutely credible evidence of "knowingly creating a danger" and "intending to cause injury."

But then, I'm a sane person ...
    Truth is Treason in the Empire of Lies

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Goons gonna goon... In this case the gooning becomes fatal to an innocent little girl... WHY NO PROTESTS??
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

For those who don't know, this is actually the 2nd trial, and the decision is already under appeal:

This could be a precedent setting case if the Court of Appeals hears the case and reverses the judge's decision, David Moran said.

"If the judge sufficiently articulated her reasoning, it is highly unlikely that an appellate court would substitute its judgment," Richard Krisciunas, a University of Detroit Mercy law professor said.

But, he said, it's possible that an appellate court could disagree and reinstate the charge.

The prosecution said Thursday they have no more witnesses to call in Weekley's trial. Weekley is on paid leave with the police force.

Weekley will not testify, Fishman said Friday. Weekley testified during his first trial that ended with a hung jury in June 2013.

The first one ended in a mistrial, over this point:

After a mistrial was declared, a juror, who asked not to be identified, told the Free Press what happened as the panel tried to come to a decision.

One of sticking points in deliberations at that trial was the word "willful."

Some of the jurors thought the involuntary manslaughter charge was appropriate, but many didn't because of the willfulness that's implied, the juror told the Free Press last year.
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...ones/16636179/

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    We are overdue for "Crashland" and "RonPaul4Prez2014" to take their victory lap.
    If I understand correctly (and I could be wrong) Crashland agrees with us that all of the stories we are posting are in fact abuses, he just doesn't necessarily think these abuses represent the police as a whole. While I don't agree with this view, I think its more a difference in interpretation of data than a moral difference (he's also not an anarcho-capitalist IIRC, which means he probably sees government police as INSTITUTIONALLY legitimate. I don't.)

RP4Prez, on the other hand, is a blatant state worshipping troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    "Every attack on an officer of the law is an attack on our state, our country and civilized society," Corbett said in a statement. "The incident in Blooming Grove shows, once again, that our first responders face constant danger in order that the rest of us may live in peace and safety."
    See, these types of quotes are even more blatantly and obviously wrong than Chris Cantwell type "all cops are the devil and should be shot" thinking is wrong. And really, its these types of quotes that lead to these types of thinking, and Eric Freins rising up all over the place.

"our first responders" are too often the criminals. It is the height of foolishness to suppose that government courts can keep government agents accountable.

It is these types of lies, screamed over and over into the ears of the victims, that leads to the rise of cop-killers like Frein, and ultra-fringe libertarians like Cantwell. I don't agree with it, but I do get it.

And it isn't going to change by repeating more propaganda.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Officer Joseph Weekly, AKA John Wesley Hardin

Hardin, A notorious old west outlaw, was accused of killing a man for merely snoring...

Acesfull

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    If I understand correctly (and I could be wrong) Crashland agrees with us that all of the stories we are posting are in fact abuses, he just doesn't necessarily think these abuses represent the police as a whole. While I don't agree with this view, I think its more a difference in interpretation of data than a moral difference (he's also not an anarcho-capitalist IIRC, which means he probably sees government police as INSTITUTIONALLY legitimate. I don't.)
    Yes, that pretty much sums it up. I'm not quite sold on anarcho-capitalism, although if I keep listening to people like FreedomFanatic then maybe someday that will be different lol

Absolutely. It's not like there's a shortage of good choices for cases to protest. Aiyana Stanley-Jones, and more recently, the Tamir Rice shooting that just happened in Cleveland is a great one that very obviously shows a problem with police protocol. There were no other people around, the kid was clearly not an immediate danger to anyone, and the police car just blindsides him and he's shot within 2 seconds, and it's even captured on video. But of course the one bad choice, the Michael Brown case, happens to be the one that everyone got their hearts set on from the very beginning.
    Last edited by Crashland; 12-01-2014 at 11:53 PM.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Maybe this will work. Once upon a time from Obama's spokesman (Gibbs):

"I would suggest that you should have a far more responsible father if they are truly concerned about the well being of their children"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast