Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Copyright Law Stop You From Working On Your Car In The Near Future?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^

I see you're down to four rep bars. If that turns red, then do you still get paid? Or just less pay?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And don't play dumb. You plus rep me even when I am insulting you. You do that to rotate your reps so that you can + rep the TheCount.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^

I see you're down to four rep bars. If that turns red, then do you still get paid? Or just less pay?
    I don't get paid for anything I do on this site. What does it take to stop you saying that?
    pcosmar's lie : There are more votes than registered Voters..

And don't play dumb. You plus rep me even when I am insulting you. You do that to rotate your reps so that you can + rep the TheCount.
    I plus rep you when I feel you deserve it, I unlike you, don't neg rep a person and count how many bars he has. I don't care. I don't + rep thecount unless he posts something good (feel free to ask him which ones they are)

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I don't get paid...
    So do you get paid for all these rebuttals, or does your posting need good substance? Or, would you get paid for these rebuttlas because it's damage control and part of the territory?

So do you get paid for all these rebuttals, or does your posting need good substance? Or, would you get paid for these rebuttlas because it's damage control and part of the territory?
    As far as this site is concerned, I don't get paid period, not for browsing, not for posting, not for repping.

Why is that so hard to believe? You'd rather believe somebody pays me to post the $#@! you laugh at?

I don't care.
    No, you do care. You need credibility. Nobody much pays attention to someone with a green bar. A red bar sends up a red flag.

No, you do care. You need credibility. Nobody much pays attention to someone with a green bar. A red bar sends up a red flag.
    I don't, you're the only person here who cares.

Why is that so hard to believe?
    Why is it so hard to believe that paid posting is not some conspiracy, but just business as usual nowadays? It's been recently documented about Russia, Israel, China, etc. Israel was even up front about it, with a budget of $700,000 for internet students to combat anti-Semitism on discussion forums. And you might as well say the US is paying for that; budget lines be damned.

Organizations acknowledge they have to be on Wikipedia to not get slandered, or at least shorted. Medical organizations guard Wikipedia articles with their life. Like vaccine articles. I happen to think Wikipedia is a poor source, but millions use it. People pay for all kinds of crazy stuff. That's why so many businesses fail. It's not a stretch that somebody pays you, considering you're on here daily with no apparent purpose but this. You can't tell me that ZippyJuan is on here for 7 years, every day, and no liberty posts because he wants to "debate." No one ever does that kind of thing without some real incentive. Posting for the reasons you give defies logic. You're the same as Zip.

I'm sort of surprised that somebody pays for this, but I guess the internet is new territory. If they dropped tons of flyers over Korea after World War II, then this can't be any dumber.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 01-27-2015 at 02:22 AM.

Why is it so hard to believe that paid posting is not some conspiracy, but just business as usual nowadays?
    It doesn't surprise me that some people are paid in certain places, but what is it you see of me that leads you to think that?

When you say I am paid, I feel both complimented that you think my post has quality, but also somewhat puzzled that you'd insult my style, while alleging somebody would pay for my quality, which one is it? Is my employer stupid or am I worth my alleged pay? I mean, you seem to know more than I do.

It's been recently documented about Russia, Israel, China, etc. Israel was even up front about it, with a budget of $700,000 for internet students to combat anti-Semitism on discussion forums. And you might as well say the US is paying for that; budget lines be damned.
    I'd be surprised if somebody in the US wasn't paying for propaganda posts, but shouldn't they usually have specific agendas that are fairly obvious, or advocating for some law to pass or candidate to win? Which agenda do I sound like I am paid for?

Organizations acknowledge they have to be on Wikipedia to not get slandered, or at least shorted. Medical organizations guard Wikipedia articles with their life.
    Wouldn't you if you had something to lose? Wikipedia is free for all, so they're guarded by both moderators and people whose reputation they may affect.

Like vaccine articles. I happen to think Wikipedia is a poor source, but millions use it.
    What's a better one? Naturalnews.com?

People pay for all kinds of crazy stuff. That's why so many businesses fail. It's not a stretch that somebody pays you, considering you're on here daily with no apparent purpose but this.
    So what is your purpose that's so different from mine?

You can't tell me that ZippyJuan is on here for 7 years, every day, and no liberty posts because he wants to "debate." No one ever does that kind of thing without some real incentive. Posting for the reasons you give defies logic. You're the same as Zip.
    He could just be self entertaining, the same way people play video games for fun. The difference between him and you is you disagree on positions, neither of you are paid to post here.

I'm sort of surprised that somebody pays for this
    Who or what specifically? Me or Zippy?

When you say I am paid, I feel both complimented that you think my post has quality, but also somewhat puzzled that you'd insult my style, while alleging somebody would pay for my quality, which one is it? Is my employer stupid or am I worth my alleged pay? I mean, you seem to know more than I do.

You, TheCount, ZippyJuan, and Maybemaybenot are smart people. You all have a decent understanding of subjects like economics, law, government, foreign policy, copyright, and a few other matters. Some people here would say that all of you are upside down on these matters, but you do have enough conceptual grasp to debate the issues academically and intelligently.

No, I don't know any more than you. You asked me my thoughts on your employer and made your slick suggestions: ADL? ACORN? SPLC? The government? No, probably not those. A political organization might be the logical choice since this forum is political; however, I actually think your organization is far less important than your goal.

The budgeting is setting aside a smaller budget within a marketing and communications line item. Social media, including forums, is trendy nowadays. That would include hiring a few forum posters. They advertise for posters by word-of-mouth. You said you worked for a lawyer and have prosecutor friends, so I'm sure you're not out of the networking loop. Your knowledge of California politics would be a plus. They hire you. It's all fairly common; I gave examples, so there is nothing unusual about it. People have asked me to do it for their business to give the illusion of higher traffic, but I've never done it. They ask me to get them hundreds of Facebook likes in a week. Pure fakery.

Which agenda do I sound like I am paid for?

Agenda can be such a nasty word, don't you think? I prefer campaign or goal.

Most of these campaigns have poor metrics (for various reasons), but I'm sure if this forum got shut down, then that would be satisfying to you.

It all follows a basic template. There is a pattern in the all the posts by you, TheCount, and ZippyJuan (Maybemaybenot has a different goal). All of your posts are basically discouraging. You, for example, pretend to be libertarian, while citing the impracticalities of liberty. TheCount cites the conspiracy nuts, which would discourage a lot liberty lovers. ZippyJuan plays up the economy and the rosy picture of vaccines. Everything is la-la-la fine, so you liberty lovers should just pack up and forget this whole thing.
    Discouragement is quite abstract, but a fairly common method to affect the opposition. Nothing new about it. You even said you like to belittle people (my sig line).

These websites are a dime-a-dozen, except that Ron Paul forums is the most prominent by far among the liberty sites. But margins are thin. Competition is stiff. If a website has no traffic, then there is no advertising. No advertising means the website folds. I don't know the influence of this website, but I'd say a world with Ron Paul forums is better than a world without it.

Democratic Underground is savvy. They don't tolerate outsiders in the least. There's a reason for that. Notice that they're not going away any time soon due to lack of traffic.

It's not brain surgery to figure out what you're doing. You come nowhere close to acting like normal trolls. You expect people to figure it out, but I annoy you. You're academically smart, but you're horrible at the engaging.

I already mentioned all the items giving away ZippyJuan: never making a liberty post in 7 years, being ultra contrary to every single RPF member post, declining to answer why he's on this board, declining to answer his voting choice, declining to bet me where the loser permanently leaves the forum, etc. That's in addition to his being two people because the posts had distinct personalities from ZippyJuan 1 to ZippyJuan 2. All this is in addition to you not betting me where loser permanently leaves the forum. You would not even agree to stakes of the loser leaving for one month because you'd lose pay and get off track.

Now, go ahead and tell me how nuts I am. It plays right along with your feigning ignorance. Keep in mind you're talking to a person who thinks Oswald acted alone and that planes actually hit the World Trade Center.

If RPF members have any doubts about what I'm saying, then just follow these people and see if their posting matches what I said.

He [ZippyJuan] could just be self entertaining, the same way people play video games for fun.
    LOL. This is why I call you lazy. Either that, or your entertaining yourself.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 01-27-2015 at 07:31 PM.

You, TheCount, ZippyJuan, and Maybemaybenot are smart people.
    Don't care if you're sarcastic, you're entitled to your opinion. I don't care if you think I'm smart or stupid, I do care if you think I'm a liberal, something that's a matter of fact, not opinion.

You all have a decent understanding of subjects like economics, law, government, foreign policy, copyright, and a few other matters.
    Maybe not all of them, but I think I am allowed to have an opinion on at least a few of these topics.

Some people here would say that all of you are upside down on these matters, but you do have enough conceptual grasp to debate the issues academically and intelligently.
    Or at least enough to not be dismissed as trolling or shilling.

No, I don't know any more than you. You asked me my thoughts on your employer and made your slick suggestions: ADL? ACORN? SPLC? The government? No, probably not those. A political organization might be the logical choice since this forum is political; however, I actually think your organization is far less important than your goal.
    Fair enough. So what do you think my goal or my alleged employer's goal is?

The budgeting is setting aside a smaller budget within a marketing and communications line item. Social media, including forums, is trendy nowadays. That would include hiring a few forum posters. They advertise for posters by word-of-mouth. You said you worked for a lawyer and have prosecutor friends, so I'm sure you're not out of the networking loop.
    All that would make sense if you can point to a post or two which conform to me connecting with people for purposes of promoting a product, business, campaign candidate or something which can reasonably be found to directly benefit or harm a person or business or cause. Can you?

Yes, I have worked for a lawyer, and yes, I have college friends who grew up to be prosecutors (yeah, go ahead and tear me apart about my poor semantics). I do network, I haven't done that here.

Your knowledge of California politics would be a plus. They hire you.
    I live in California, I voted in a few elections, that's where my knowledge starts and pretty much ends.

It's all fairly common; I gave examples, so there is nothing unusual about it. People have asked me to do it for their business to give the illusion of higher traffic, but I've never done it. They ask me to get them hundreds of Facebook likes in a week. Pure fakery.
    Sure, so please go ahead and tell me what you think me or my alleged imaginary employer wants to create.

Agenda can be such a nasty word, don't you think? I prefer campaign or goal.
    I can get on board with that, sure. So what campaign or goal do you think I am posting for or against?

Most of these campaigns have poor metrics (for various reasons), but I'm sure if this forum got shut down, then that would be satisfying to you.
    Sorry, be specific do you mean most of these "actions" such as social media, are poor metrics of whether something is popular, and they can be mere illusions? If so, I happily agree.

I would not be happy if this forum was shut down, I enjoy reading and discussing things with people here. I don't have time to search another one to find the same likeminded people.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably the same thing, different word :P

It all follows a basic template. There is a pattern in the all the posts by you, TheCount, and ZippyJuan (Maybemaybenot has a different goal). All of your posts are basically discouraging. You, for example, pretend to be libertarian, while citing the impracticalities of liberty.
    Can you just give me an example of this? I heard you say it a million times, but I don't know what you're talking about. I am honestly interested in what I say that keeps making you think so.

TheCount cites the conspiracy nuts, which would discourage a lot liberty lovers.
    Let me make sure I understand you, he cites conspiracy theorists which you agree is nuts, and these nuts will discourage liberty lovers? Why? Are you saying the nuts themselves discourage liberty lovers, all he's doing is repeating it? Or that nuts themselves are harmless, but for him highlighting their stupidity?

ZippyJuan plays up the economy and the rosy picture of vaccines. Everything is la-la-la fine, so you liberty lovers should just pack up and forget this whole thing.
    He's probably just a wealthy or well to do man who doesn't like paranoia and alarmism, I mean, at least he's not being Alex Jones scaring you into buying water filters, silver coins and emergency food. Maybe that's his agenda, he's trying to destroy Paranoia Preparation Industries Inc.

Discouragement is quite abstract, but a fairly common method to affect the opposition. Nothing new about it. You even said you like to belittle people (my sig line).
    Yes, I like to belittle people.

These websites are a dime-a-dozen, except that Ron Paul forums is the most prominent by far among the liberty sites.
    Agreed. Other "dime a dozen" websites that don't have traffic aren't worth visiting and can be practically said to not exist for all intents and purposes. It's good to have a place where lots of people post.

But margins are thin. Competition is stiff. If a website has no traffic, then there is no advertising. No advertising means the website folds. I don't know the influence of this website, but I'd say a world with Ron Paul forums is better than a world without it.
    Of course!

Democratic Underground is savvy. They don't tolerate outsiders in the least. There's a reason for that. Notice that they're not going away any time soon due to lack of traffic.
    I never read the site, never posted on there, but heard about it for long time, them being an old site, like Free Republic, usually means they have a solid base of supporters, thus won't go away easily. Not tolerating outsiders just means discussions are monotone and choiry.

It's not brain surgery to figure out what you're doing. You come nowhere close to acting like normal trolls. You expect people to figure it out, but I annoy you. You're academically smart, but you're horrible at the engaging.
    I admit I'm horrible at engaging, and trolling. I don't expect people to figure anything out, I say what I mean. Yes, you annoy me when you say things like I'm a liberal or I voted for Democrats. I'm fine with you expressing your opinion about me being immoral or stupid, I'm less tolerant of people lying about things I didn't say or didn't do.

I already mentioned all the items giving away ZippyJuan: never making a liberty post in 7 years, being ultra contrary to every single RPF member post, declining to answer why he's on this board, declining to answer his voting choice, declining to bet me where the loser permanently leaves the forum, etc. That's in addition to his being two people because the posts had distinct personalities from ZippyJuan 1 to ZippyJuan 2. All this is in addition to you not betting me where loser permanently leaves the forum.
    That would be a good argument that he's probably not interested in liberty, but again, what's his goal or his supposed employer's goal. 7 years of not posting what you want to see, what DID he post and whose purpose do you think he's serving?

You would not even agree to stakes of the loser leaving for one month because you'd lose pay and get off track.
    I don't lose pay, I just have nothing to gain and a month of free entertainment to lose.

Now, go ahead and tell me how nuts I am. It plays right along with your feigning ignorance. Keep in mind you're talking to a person who thinks Oswald acted alone and that planes actually hit the World Trade Center.
    What about the Pentagon? :P I think you're very insisting on certain beliefs you've expressed to the point that you can't seem to admit you may be wrong. There's many ways a person can be nuts or delusional, I don't use that word lightly, or at least try not to.

If you simply stopped accusing me of being paid, being a liberal or being for more government, I think we can talk about all kinds of other things.

If RPF members have any doubts about what I'm saying, then just follow these people and see if their posting matches what I said.

Are you being lazy when you ask people to follow instead of just posting what you know or find?

Don't care if you're sarcastic, you're entitled to your opinion. I don't care if you think I'm smart or stupid,
    I'm not being sarcastic. You and your fellow liberal posters are smart in an academic way, but not so much in a daily living way. That's why progressive liberals like yourself (and some others) favor a lot of government programs and regulation for simple daily tasks. Michelle Obama's exercise program is a glaring example.

Okay boys back to the topic:
    If it becomes illegal to work on your own car wouldn't that shut down the auto parts industry? Think about how many people would loose their jobs. My city has more auto parts stores than grocery stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    If it becomes illegal to work on your own car wouldn't that shut down the auto parts industry? Think about how many people would loose their jobs. My city has more auto parts stores than grocery stores.

If the part is not sold at walmartt, then you don't need it or shouldn't be working on it.

He could just be self entertaining, the same way people play video games for fun. The difference between him and you is you disagree on positions, neither of you are paid to post here.
    Oh?

Care to prove that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Oh?

Care to prove that?
    Prove what, that neither of you are paid?

Obviously not.

You weren't talking about me.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Obviously not.

You weren't talking about me.
    What was I talking about? What do you want me to prove?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I think what would happen is those auto parts stores would become the shared property of the auto manufacturers. Say a parts store sold GM, Ford and BMW parts. Ownership of that parts store would fall into the hands of GM Ford and BMW. Ownership would probably be transferred in the "interest of National Security". Other side of the coin is they could all just shut down and expand the ever growing ghost town store fronts that used to be where Americans Working Classes went to work and just tell everyone they have to purchase all parts directly from the manufacturers themselves, or the Govt. After all, if working on your own cars is a violation of copyright, then selling non GM parts compatible with GM vehicles is just as much of a copyright violation.

To validate this point, look at the Kreug Coffee Makers. They are now putting DRM into their Coffee Pots so you can ONLY buy Kreug Coffee Packets. Probably also copyright in there somewhere. How about ITunes? You can ONLY play music purchased on ITunes on Apple products. I dont think they care how much it will damage the economy as long as it is profitable for themselves, and if that does mean more profits for Auto Manufacturers at the expense of shutting down the entire auto parts industry, I doubt they will care.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Closing all auto parts stores would also close all auto repair shops except the dealer service departments. They don't just serve 'shade tree mechanics'.

And closing down all auto parts suppliers would put the automakers out of business. Not even General Motors still makes the majority of the parts they use.

What was I talking about? What do you want me to prove?
    I'd accuse you of playing stupid, but then I'd be in violation of forum guidelines in the event you aren't playing...

What was I talking about?

Neg rep for laziness. I should get paid for forum posting instead of you.

I guess that's the standard for progressive liberals though. It's no wonder you people demand welfare.

Neg rep for laziness. I should get paid for forum posting instead of you.

I guess that's the standard for progressive liberals though. It's no wonder you people demand welfare.
    I am not progressive liberal and I don't demand welfare. Why do you keep saying that?

am i too late for the pissing contest?....

dammit.

This.

I remember this being kicked around years ago by the automakers.

Every spare part in the future will have an RFID or passcode embedded in it.

If the onboard ECM cannot validate it as a genuine dealer part, it will shut the car down.

Generic parts will be a thing of the past.

And it will be government that makes it illegal to work on any new cars, unless "certified", (and that will include testing, fees, biometric IDs, spot compliance inspections and being monitored in a database) so as to maintain a record of emissions compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    I think what would happen is those auto parts stores would become the shared property of the auto manufacturers. Say a parts store sold GM, Ford and BMW parts. Ownership of that parts store would fall into the hands of GM Ford and BMW. Ownership would probably be transferred in the "interest of National Security". Other side of the coin is they could all just shut down and expand the ever growing ghost town store fronts that used to be where Americans Working Classes went to work and just tell everyone they have to purchase all parts directly from the manufacturers themselves, or the Govt. After all, if working on your own cars is a violation of copyright, then selling non GM parts compatible with GM vehicles is just as much of a copyright violation.

To validate this point, look at the Kreug Coffee Makers. They are now putting DRM into their Coffee Pots so you can ONLY buy Kreug Coffee Packets. Probably also copyright in there somewhere. How about ITunes? You can ONLY play music purchased on ITunes on Apple products. I dont think they care how much it will damage the economy as long as it is profitable for themselves, and if that does mean more profits for Auto Manufacturers at the expense of shutting down the entire auto parts industry, I doubt they will care.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    am i too late for the pissing contest?....

dammit.
    This is an important topic, just another metric of freedom being lost.

Shame it got derailed.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    maybe the copyright nuts will overstep, and people will demand things normalize. they overstepped with SOPA.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    maybe the copyright nuts will overstep, and people will demand things normalize. they overstepped with SOPA.
    They never "overstep".

They just turn it into a lateral.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast