Thread: Police shoot PTSD Marine after he has a panic attack and flees a police stop

Police shoot PTSD Marine after he has a panic attack and flees a police stop

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/P...vice=phone&c=y

A story which broke earlier is getting updated with more information.

Looks like a cop shot at the couple when the driver who had been pulled over had a panic attack and attempted to flee. Officer fired at the car as it drove away hitting the man and nearly hitting the head of his wife. Police chase him as he drives to the hospital.

Please share this story and expose the criminal nature of firing into a vehicle simply because it is leaving the scene of a stop. Last I checked that is not in the list of things that carry immediate execution as a punishment.
    No - No - No - No

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Man charged following chase, shooting

By Adelina Colbert - Adelina.colbert@JDNews.com

Thursday, November 27, 2014 at 04:02 PM.

A Camp Lejeune Marine has been charged following a high speed chase that resulted in an officer-involved shooting, according to area officials and court documents.

Brandon Henry, 21, of Foy Lockamy Road, was charged Thursday by the Jacksonville Police Department with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, assault with a deadly weapon against a government official, fleeing or eluding arrest with motor vehicle, felony failure to stop at a stop sign or flashing red light, reckless driving to endanger and reckless driving with wanton disregard.

Henry is accused of assaulting JPD Officer Jan Friis with his Ford Mustang, according to warrants. Warrants state that Friis was conducting a traffic stop on N.C. 24 when Henry attempted to run the police officer over with his car.

Friis was trying to stop Henry, who was allegedly driving about 15 mph over the speed limit, for excessive speeding and reckless driving, according to warrants.

Bond was set for $100,000.

According to information released by JPD late Wednesday, Jacksonville police responded to a vehicle fleeing from Camp Lejeune at about 9:52 p.m.

JPD spokeswoman Beth Purcell said the vehicle moved toward a police officer at “a high rate of speed” during an attempted traffic stop in the Corbin Road and Huff Drive area.

The officer fired in response and the vehicle’s driver and passenger were transported to Onslow Memorial Hospital for medical evaluation.

District Attorney Ernie Lee told The Daily News that he was made aware of the incident shortly after it occurred.

“Chief Michael Yaniero of the Jacksonville Police Department called me at 10:19 p.m. on Nov. 26 about a shooting incident involving a JPD officer,” Lee said. “He indicated that the SBI had been contacted. I was in further contact with Chief Yaniero in the evening. The SBI also contacted during the evening hours informing me that the SBI was conducting the investigation at the request of the Jacksonville Police Department.”

The SBI did not immediately return requests for comment.

The investigation remains active under a joint review of the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation, Naval Criminal Investigative Service and JPD.
    http://www.jdnews.com/news/crime/man....406745?page=1

WIFE: Marine husband rushing me to hospital when shot by officer during chase

Updated: Fri 4:17 PM, Nov 28, 2014

The wife of a Marine who is accused of leading police on a chase and attempting to run down an officer says her husband was rushing her to the hospital.
    Brandon Henry is facing several charges, including assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, assault with a deadly weapon against a government official, and fleeing or eluding arrest.

Jacksonville police say Henry was driving a vehicle that was first being chased by Camp Lejeune police.

The Wednesday night chase ended up in the city, and investigators said officers initially tried to stop the car near Corbin Road and Huff Drive. Police say the driver suddenly stepped on the gas, speeding straight toward Officer Jan Friis. Police said that officer shot at the car.

Jennifer Henry said she was unconscious in the car as her husband was trying to get her to the hospital. She says her husband was hit by one of the bullets in his arm, while another came close to hitting her. "One bullet came through the front window, the windshield and the other came in the passenger side, right behind my head, close to the door."

Henry, who says she was medically discharged from the Marines, told WITN's Rachael Cardin that both she and her husband suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder. She says her husband told her he initially stopped for police, and then had a panic attack. Henry says her husband was only trying to go around the policeman when the officer opened fire.

The Marine remains in jail and is scheduled to go before a judge Monday morning.
    http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/P...vice=phone&c=y

tube at source
    Last edited by presence; 11-28-2014 at 03:47 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Last I checked that is not in the list of things that carry immediate execution as a punishment.
    That is where you are wrong.

Cops may execute you at any time for "failure to comply" that may, in any way shape or form, be construed as being a threat to "officer safety".

They are on a war footing with us, they have an open-ended ROE when dealing with us Mundanes, they have a sympathetic Just Us system that will exonerate of all the but the most egregious and heinous of crimes committed against us, (and even that is not a sure thing) they have powerful public employee union lobbyists and lawyers to advise them every step of the way, and have "extra special" Fifth Amendment rights and privileges (Garrity Rule) to delay or revise statements given.

Steer clear of these criminal lunatics, avoid them at all costs, shun them if they are friends or family.

Your life may depend on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And what I have been bitching and hollering about now for YEARS...

The Circular Force Continuum.

<snip>

‘Officers may use any force available’

The Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) division of the Utah Department of Safety oversees, directly or indirectly, the basic training of all police recruits in Utah. At its four-month academy, cadets are introduced to the use-of-force continuum, a diagram showing officer force options — simply showing up at the scene; verbal commands, touching or holding a subject, pepper spray, police dogs, baton, Taser, or deadly force — arrayed in a circle for the officer’s selection.

"Officers may use any force available provided they can justify the reasonableness of force used," the manual states.

Adams maintains that officers in Utah typically use less force than may be justified.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/1842489-1...outpacing-gang
    Just so everybody is clear on this:

The CFC maintains that a cop can use whatever force he deems reasonable to ensure his safety, including deadly force.

What that means in the real world is a cop can blow you away for twitching funny, making "furtive movements" or "menacing staring".

And the "reasonableness" of his action will be determined by...fellow cops.

Which is why, after years and hundreds of shootings in one sparsely populated state, ONLY ONE was ever determined to be "unreasonable".

Treat every encounter with a cop as potentially life threatening one, and avoid these criminal lunatics at all costs.

^what I meant by that was they *shouldnt* shoot at someone.

I want dash cam footage

See my comment at WITN site as josh c

War on us.....

A one sided war right now.

Refresh my memory please. What happened to the Graboid that shot at that minivan with children in it? Extra training and grief counseling?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Refresh my memory please. What happened to the Graboid that shot at that minivan with children in it? Extra training and grief counseling?
    Fired, and "his heart sank".

He then sued and the long suffering taxpayers paid a "secret" amount of money for him to go away.

Cop's 'Heart Sank' on Realizing Shots Fired at Minivan Full of Kids

Jan. 17, 2014By RYAN OWENS

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-heart-...ry?id=21567684

A former New Mexico state police officer who fired shots at a minivan during a chaotic traffic stop last year had no idea the vehicle was full of children and his "heart sank" when he finally realized it, he told ABC News in an exclusive interview.

Elias Montoya, 53, was terminated in December after he fired three shots at the vehicle carrying a mother and her five children ranging in ages from 6 and 16.

Montoya fired the shots after a routine traffic stop evolved into an intense encounter that included a high-speed chase.

"My heart sank when they finally stopped and I was at the passenger side at that time seeing them get out at gunpoint again," he said. "I couldn't believe it that there were that many children in there."

Video from a police cruiser's dashboard camera taken during the Oct. 28 traffic stop showed Montoya shooting at the minivan three times in Taos, N.M.

The video garnered national attention.

Montoya says it was the first time he had fired his gun on duty during his 12 years as a state cop. At the time, Montoya said, he didn't know the majority of the people inside the vehicle were children.

New Mexico State Police will not comment on Montoya's termination, but say he violated the department's policy regarding the use of deadly force.

The incident began when motorist Oriana Farrell, 39, of Memphis, Tenn., fled from an officer who initially pulled her over for speeding, according to police. That same officer caught up to Farrell and pulled her over a second time, according to dash-cam video, and that's when things escalated.

During the second stop, Farrell refused to get out of the van. She eventually agreed to exit, but jumped back into the driver's seat as an officer tried to restrain her.

Her son, 14, confronted the officer and a scuffle ensued. The boy eventually ran back into the minivan after the officer aimed a Taser.

As back-up arrived, which included Montoya, Farrell and her family locked themselves inside the minivan. An officer broke the vehicle's back windows with a baton as the children screamed in the backseat.

Montoya, a father of three, says dispatch only told him to respond to an unruly driver on a highway near Taos.

"I'm approaching the van on the left-hand side," he said. "All I see is silhouettes of heads. A bunch of silhouettes of heads and what went through my mind is that we're outnumbered."

(ROE and CFC again. "we are "hostiles" to be taken out. - AF)

He says the minivan's tinted windows prevented him from seeing who was inside.

When the driver started to flee for the second time, he lined up with the white line in the road and shot at the tire to immobilize the minivan.

"I'm not shooting at a human being. I'm shooting at a tire," Montoya said.

Montoya missed the tire as Farrell took off down the highway. After a chase that reached speeds of nearly 100 mph, Farrell and her teenage son were arrested in front of a Taos hotel.

Farrell was later released on bond and faces charges of child abuse, fleeing and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia for a pair of marijuana pipes that authorities say were in the van. Farrell has since said she was protecting her children.

Montoya later bought the entire family food from McDonald's during the booking process, according to a police report.

"If I knew that there was even one child in that vehicle," he said, "I wouldn't have done it."

Fired officer settles appeal; state mum on details

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/new...8b41f8e09.html

Former New Mexico State police officer Elias Montoya will not be reinstated as part of a settlement agreement with the Department of Public Safety, according to a spokesman with the General Services Department.

"Elias Montoya has not come back to the New Mexico Department of Public Safety, and there are no plans for him to do so. By law, we are prohibited from discussing details of the settlement," Tim Korte said in an email on Friday.

He also said that the Risk Management Division cannot disclose any information related to claims for damages or other relief against the state until 180 days once certain conditions have been met.

A former New Mexico state police officer who fired shots at a minivan during a chaotic traffic stop last year had no idea the vehicle was full of children and his "heart sank" when he finally realized it, he told ABC News in an exclusive interview.
    [....]
    "My heart sank when they finally stopped and I was at the passenger side at that time seeing them get out at gunpoint again," he said. "I couldn't believe it that there were that many children in there."
    Uh-huh. Because the stereotypical minivan driver is NOT a mother with her children.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That is where you are wrong.

Cops may execute you at any time for "failure to comply" that may, in any way shape or form, be construed as being a threat to "officer safety".

They are on a war footing with us, they have an open-ended ROE when dealing with us Mundanes, they have a sympathetic Just Us system that will exonerate of all the but the most egregious and heinous of crimes committed against us, (and even that is not a sure thing) they have powerful public employee union lobbyists and lawyers to advise them every step of the way, and have "extra special" Fifth Amendment rights and privileges (Garrity Rule) to delay or revise statements given.

Steer clear of these criminal lunatics, avoid them at all costs, shun them if they are friends or family.

Your life may depend on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And what I have been bitching and hollering about now for YEARS...

The Circular Force Continuum.

Just so everybody is clear on this:

The CFC maintains that a cop can use whatever force he deems reasonable to ensure his safety, including deadly force.

What that means in the real world is a cop can blow you away for twitching funny, making "furtive movements" or "menacing staring".

And the "reasonableness" of his action will be determined by...fellow cops.

Which is why, after years and hundreds of shootings in one sparsely populated state, ONLY ONE was ever determined to be "unreasonable".

Treat every encounter with a cop as potentially life threatening one, and avoid these criminal lunatics at all costs.
    "I was threatened by the Marine's decision making process--to remove his wife from a deadly situation to get her to medical assistance."

--The Officer