Thread: I Applaud Hillary for Visiting Ferguson and Meeting Al Sharpton. Oh Wait, That Was Rand Paul.

I Applaud Hillary for Visiting Ferguson and Meeting Al Sharpton. Oh Wait, That Was Rand Paul.

I've heard the phrase, "You'd vote for Rand Paul just because of war?" enough times to make me question my faith in humanity. Read Why We Lost if you think perpetual wars are good for America. It's almost as if nobody cares that the president just sent over 3,000 soldiers back to Iraq, even after close to 7,000 have died in both Iraq and Afghanistan, and close to one million Americans were injured in both wars. For today's liberals, the 2016 vote for president is unfortunately tied to many social issues that Hillary Clinton once opposed or stayed silent on; issues that can't be addressed unilaterally by a president.
    Or, we act upon fears promoted by a media that lumps good candidates alongside extremists within their party, which is why voting for Rand Paul is heretical to most Democrats. For a quick civics lesson, only Congress, state legislatures, courts and public opinion polls move legislation and social issues, not unilateral decisions by the man or woman in the White House. Yes, President Obama rightfully acted on immigration, but he had a public mandate to do so and the political will was evident in recent years. There's no public mandate, or widespread agreement among most Americans that the EPA should be abolished, or that civil rights laws be rolled back, or any other irrational fear linked to voting for Rand over Hillary.
    Rand over Hillary? I must be a gullible, naïve, fool. Perhaps, but at least I took a stand on the issue of Ferguson, even though I have zero influence in the political arena. I wrote about the issue of killing unarmed black men and claiming self-defense, whatwould have taken place had Trayvon, Eric Garner, and Michael Brown been white, and the economics behind Ferguson. No, I didn't wait 19 days to make a statement, I raised my tiny, little voice when it mattered. Had Clinton raised her $328,742,879voice during the Ferguson protests, the world would have noticed.
    The fact is that only one of the candidates for president in 2016 (not Hillary, Jeb, or anyone else) visited Ferguson and discussed the issues of race and militarized police. It should have been Hillary Clinton, but it was Rand Paul who visited Ferguson, and his actions speak louder than any assumption that Clinton is automatically a better choice on civil rights. Before the indignant Twitter barrages and emails to this lowly writer, please ask yourself why Hillary Clinton has not once visited Ferguson, or why it took 19 days for her to make her first statement?

read more at:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-go...b_6209856.html

-virgil
    Last edited by jct74; 11-30-2014 at 08:27 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He seems like an honest liberal. I can respect that. And I'm glad he can see the issues clearly. Most of the libertarian-leaning* economc liberals I know would prefer Rand over Hillary.

*I'm not talking about ideological libertarianism here, which is of course incompatible entirely with modern liberals. I'm talking about people who support economic regulation yet don't want the government dictating every detail of our lives. Its usually an inconsistent position but its a common one. I'm thinking Dennis Kucinich or Glen Greenwald types here.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Meh. I kinda hate how it does look like he's pandering now. I wish he always did this. Smh

I don't know, when I started this tread it was like that and all I did was copy and paste the link.

-virgil

Wow! Awesome article!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    I don't know, when I started this tread it was like that and all I did was copy and paste the link.

-virgil
    Right on - it's an awesome article so thanks very much for sharing

Your welcome and I thought so also!!

-virgil

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    Why is the link broken??
    Link to article is broken but links to a bunch of msm sites are intact. Hmmm.......

Looks like skilled SEO, whether virgil knew it or not. Are you the same virgil that posted here years ago?

If not, keep the original link but dump the links to politico, huffpo and other statist sites please.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Link to article is broken but links to a bunch of msm sites are intact. Hmmm.......

Looks like skilled SEO, whether virgil knew it or not. Are you the same virgil that posted here years ago?

If not, keep the original link but dump the links to politico, huffpo and other statist sites please.
    No I only joined last year, I'll try to remember that next time devil21 thank you.

-virgil

The really weird thing about this particular HuffPo article is the comments. Either hell has frozen over or we have entered a parallel universe. Almost every comment I read (at least a couple of days ago) was pro Rand and/or anti Hillary. Usually the majority of HuffPo comments say Rand is a racist and has a bad toupee and other insightful mature-minded things.
    Last edited by anaconda; 11-29-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Al Sharpton is pre-judging people more than the white cops. Rand doesn't need the votes of liberal black New Yorkers in Al's inner circle.

He needs to go meet the black homeschoolers network in a swing state.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post

-virgil
    the font and color tags you applied messed up the link apparently, but it's fixed now. thanks for posting the article.