Thread: sometimes, im so stupid

sometimes, im so stupid

sometimes i get bored and just do things only to see how far i can go. one day it will probably kill me. lol

i rode my bike 96 miles yesterday. i started in anniston alabama and stopped in symrna ga. it was the chief ladiga/silver comet trail combined. i started peddling at 7:30am, got done at 6:30pm. the last 15 miles was in the dark. only the dim moon behind the thin clouds was the only reason i could see the trail. i had plenty of food and drink this time, but my muscles just wasnt there after 60 miles. the last 36 was pure hell.

i discovered that riding through a train tunnel at might was $#@!ing scary as hell! my god the thoughts that run through your mind when youre 30 miles out lol. i also discovered how fast i can eat a bag of doritos and peanuts.

i filmed it all to ad to my bike vid collection, so after the hatred of bike riding wears off of my mind, ill edit the footage and post it. notice how in the vid if you watch it, that i start out nice and fast, then as the day wears on, i go through spurts of fast vs normal. then as it gets dark i just fight for any kind of forward movement. this was when my legs were falling apart. at one point toward the end i couldnt read how far the finish was on the mile marker posts because it was dark, so i got out my phone and looked at google maps. it said one mile, so i was happy to see that, then i walked over to the post (which is more accurate) and it said 4.2 miles!!!!! i felt like crying lol. so for the last 4 miles i went as fast as i could just to get it over with.

ill never never never eeeevvver, do another ride past 15 miles. im done. 96 miles is all i care to have ever again. both hands have blisters, both feet have them, my muscles are mush, my head is killing.

video forthcoming in a few weeks/months/ however long hate takes to wear off.

EDIT: here is the vid of the last 62 miles. the first 33 had a spot that i either didnt hit record or the gopro lost a section. ill re ride this part in a few months.

but heres the fast version of the lost part going in the opposite direction

here is the last 66 miles in the correct direction
    part 2
    Last edited by satchelmcqueen; 04-17-2015 at 02:44 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah , well , hope you feel better . Happy Thanksgiving .

Have you ever thought about organizing something for other bike riders satchel?

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    sometimes i get bored and just do things only to see how far i can go. one day it will probably kill me. lol

i rode my bike 96 miles yesterday. i started in anniston alabama and stopped in symrna ga. it was the chief ladiga/silver comet trail combined. i started peddling at 7:30am, got done at 6:30pm. the last 15 miles was in the dark. only the dim moon behind the thin clouds was the only reason i could see the trail. i had plenty of food and drink this time, but my muscles just wasnt there after 60 miles. the last 36 was pure hell.

i discovered that riding through a train tunnel at might was $#@!ing scary as hell! my god the thoughts that run through your mind when youre 30 miles out lol. i also discovered how fast i can eat a bag of doritos and peanuts.

i filmed it all to ad to my bike vid collection, so after the hatred of bike riding wears off of my mind, ill edit the footage and post it. notice how in the vid if you watch it, that i start out nice and fast, then as the day wears on, i go through spurts of fast vs normal. then as it gets dark i just fight for any kind of forward movement. this was when my legs were falling apart. at one point toward the end i couldnt read how far the finish was on the mile marker posts because it was dark, so i got out my phone and looked at google maps. it said one mile, so i was happy to see that, then i walked over to the post (which is more accurate) and it said 4.2 miles!!!!! i felt like crying lol. so for the last 4 miles i went as fast as i could just to get it over with.

ill never never never eeeevvver, do another ride past 15 miles. im done. 96 miles is all i care to have ever again. both hands have blisters, both feet have them, my muscles are mush, my head is killing.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

see what you can do to set me up with some good oprah loving, in person. oprah.....she heals all wounds.mind, body, and penis....

You're just bragging about being the only person in the United States who weighs less today than you did last Sunday...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Well, if you're not in condition for it, yeah, 96 miles will likely be tough.

When I was a serious rider/racer I rode 125 miles per day, 6-7 days a week. The Davis Bike Club would take its customary jaunt from the middle of town (Davis, CA) into Winters, up to Lake Berryessa, then to Moskowitz Corner, exactly 62.5 miles from our start, usually at B&L Bike Shop. We'd stop, get something to dwink, and head home. It was a good, bracing ride, though it could get boring after awhile. The worst of it was when you simply could not find your place on the seat and your nuts would go numb.

My legs were like tree trunks in those days, probably accounting for 60 of my 130 pounds.

If you keep at it, 15 miles will be NOTHING - done in well under an hour at a respectable clip.

Every year we did the Davis Double Century. 200 miles. My best time was 10:24, IIRC. Then there was the Mt Lassen Triple Century. 300 miles in one day with something like 56,000 feet of climbing was the limit for me. I did it once and had no desire ever to do it again. My fastest 100 miles was the Delta Century around Stockton, 1979, methinks. Under 4 hours - almost 100% flat and I drafted tandems the whole way. Wicked fast ride, but sort of boring - however, it was good to see that of which I was capable.

Riding is a good thing, but you have to build up to it. No need to hurt yourself.
    Last edited by osan; 11-28-2014 at 07:46 PM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

see what you can do to set me up with some good oprah loving, in person. oprah.....she heals all wounds.mind, body, and penis....
    WHAT.

THE.

$#@!.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It depends on how you look at it. Yes it was hard to push yourself but if you continue to do that a few more times, then you get conditioned to it and it won't hurt as bad.

Satch should become a crossfitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Trains at night can be pretty freaky.

Once while out hitchhiking up the coast we decided to try and get some sleep. I found a place on a sloop that was sort of clear and not to creepy. We had no light to tell what was really around for sure. In the middle of the morning the ground started shaking and rumbling and a train came barreling by. That no longer seemed like such a great spot. By then I could sort of see what looked like an open field that might have been good. Then I started thinking, what it was an airport.

We ended up the rest of the early hours of the morning sort of standing and freezing ever alert.

Oh man. The good ol' days.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    WHAT.

THE.

$#@!.
    Maybe that's what happens when someone rides a bicycle that many miles in one day.

Edit: On second thought, after reading post #7 again I guess not.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 11-28-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Well, if you're not in condition for it, yeah, 96 miles will likely be tough.

When I was a serious rider/racer I rode 125 miles per day, 6-7 days a week. The Davis Bike Club would take its customary jaunt from the middle of town (Davis, CA) into Winters, up to Lake Berryessa, then to Moskowitz Corner, exactly 62.5 miles from our start, usually at B&L Bike Shop. We'd stop, get something to dwink, and head home. It was a good, bracing ride, though it could get boring after awhile. The worst of it was when you simply could not find your place on the seat and your nuts would go numb.

My legs were like tree trunks in those days, probably accounting for 60 of my 130 pounds.

If you keep at it, 15 miles will be NOTHING - done in well under an hour at a respectable clip.

Every year we did the Davis Double Century. 200 miles. My best time was 10:24, IIRC. Then there was the Mt Lassen Triple Century. 300 miles in one day with something like 56,000 feet of climbing was the limit for me. I did it once and had no desire ever to do it again. My fastest 100 miles was the Delta Century around Stockton, 1979, methinks. Under 4 hours - almost 100% flat and I drafted tandems the whole way. Wicked fast ride, but sort of boring - however, it was good to see that of which I was capable.

Riding is a good thing, but you have to build up to it. No need to hurt yourself.
    yep im not to the level you were then. i can do about 40 before i start slowing down. im not really into the long distance thing, just wanted to see if i could ride both trails and how long it would take me. there were guys out there flying past me when i was going 20. and i thought 20 for me was good. i think my thing is more mountain biking, climbing and downhills. 20 miles or less.

but it did show me the kind of level one has to be at to do the big rides like you say you did.

96 miles on a bike in one day, and you're complaining about being TIRED?.....

how old are you?...80..?

Oh my goodness...
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Damn man 96 miles ! That's a real accomplishment. Recovery is an important part of riding, or any physical activity done at a high level for that matter. Eat as soon as you get home or within a half hour of getting home, it will help repair the muscles. Do some cross training with weights utilizing the same muscle groups and joints as you do when cycling , if you don't feel like getting on the bike on some days. Most importantly don't give up. It sucks starting over. A quote from Joe Friel's cyclist training bible, " Too much too soon equals doom". Meaning don't over train, recovery and being fresh will keep you performing at a higher level than going all out and not feeling like riding again and being depleted like your experiencing now.
    You should see if your local shop has group rides to go on. It can be fun to break the monotony of solitary rides and form a solid base to work from before trying to complete your first century ride.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

What This Guy Can Do With A Mountain Bike Is Simply Mindblowing

Danny Macaskill is well-known in mountain biking circles, but the rest of us have probably never heard of him. This breathtaking film, shot in the spectacular Isle of Skye in Scotland, might change all that. It was released last month and has already chalked up a staggering 24 million views on Youtube. Why? See for yourself.

Macaskill handles the bike in a way we didn’t even know possible, defying death by riding along the notorious Cuillin Ridgeline. The landscape will leave your mouth hanging open in wonder, while Macaskill’s amazing skills are just the icing on the cake. Wow.

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/11/...ndblowing.html

Mad props. I've done some long bike rides, but never that long! Sounds surreal.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Video?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Be easy on yourself, you're in good company.

Every human being makes mistakes every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

I did both road and mountain biking, mostly road, though. This Macaskil guy is nuts. Maybe it's age talking, but I don't think I would ever have had the nerve to do what this guy does in the video. I was brutishly strong and in great shape, but I had no death-wish... at least not to that degree. Hats off to the young man - that is some mean skill he demonstrates. My reflexes were really good then but I don't think they compared with this guy. Makes me tense just watching.

Video?
    check OP. i forgot to post it. ty sir!

Wow, you bike a lot faster going then coming!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey Satch, are you Crossfitting yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Hey Satch, are you Crossfitting yet?
    nope. i cant seem to get into that stuff. i just lift weights 2 days on 1 off, and bike a few times a month.

Wow, you bike a lot faster going then coming!
    thats what she said.

I just got new shoes for cycling this season. I want to get something like a GoPro to share some videos with all. I hope everyone meets their fitness goals this year and can share them. Wheels up RPF!!!

pfft, that's nothing, sometimes I eat at taco bell and wendy's all in the same day, then watch 8 hours of tv on top that. Got nothing on me.