Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is a good rifle, and killt the bear that killt me. Anyway, I am dead.

Exclamation It is a good rifle, and killt the bear that killt me. Anyway, I am dead.

Ummm, maybe it's just me...shouldn't he have been running, or looking for a weapon of some sort, or something, other than finger $#@!ing a sailfawn?

Hiker Takes Tragically Chilling Cellphone Photos of 300-Pound Black Bear Stalking Him

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...-stalking-him/

A New Jersey hiker killed by a bear in September took a series of photos of the animal with his cellphone before the bear mauled him to death.

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I certainly wouldn't be standing around taking pictures. Maybe he just didn't think any harm would come to him. Either way, he wasn't a very smart guy.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

A New Jersey hiker.

City folk. SMDH

Plus rep to the first person who posts where the quote in the OP's title came from.

No googling!

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-17-2016 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Hey now, I resemble that remark.
    I hunted near there, years ago, Great and Bear swamp areas.

Creepy. "Firearm ownership is a huge step backwards in social evolution". May I present - the cell phone.

Unfortunately, the cell phone just might leave you subject to natural evolution. RIP, "Jersey Hiker".

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Creepy. "Firearm ownership is a huge step backwards in social evolution". May I present - the cell phone.

Unfortunately, the cell phone just might leave you subject to natural evolution. RIP, "Jersey Hiker".
    He found out the hard way the rifle app he downloaded wasn't working.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Plus rep to the first person who posts where the quote in the OP's title came from.

No googling!
    No idea, but the title would probably be "No damn bear kills me and lives", had the hiker been General Forrest.

Gulag Chief:

No idea, but the title would probably be "No damn bear kills me and lives", had the hiker been General Forrest.
    I saw you in the thread and thought for sure you'd have it.

C'mon, nobody?

I saw you in the thread and thought for sure you'd have it.

C'mon, nobody?
    Cheated - I'm working on remedying the situation, but probably Friday night.

Gulag Chief:

Cheated - I'm working on remedying the situation, but probably Friday night.
    Let's see if anybody else comes up with it.

The videographer is an idiot. There are many apex killer, unlike cops, that don't give a $#@! if they are on camera.

It was in an old movie. The dead guy left it. I don't know what his name was, though.

I bet green73 knows. (I had to cheat and look it up. )
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    [QUOTE=Anti Federalist;5713607]Ummm, maybe it's just me...shouldn't he have been running, or looking for a weapon of some sort, or something, other than finger $#@!ing a sailfawn?

Hiker Takes Tragically Chilling Cellphone Photos of 300-Pound Black Bear Stalking Him being of sound mind .. I do leave my rifle to whatever finds it .Lord hope it be a ..... anyway , I am dead ...

The hikers turned around when the bear kept approaching, authorities said. But the bear caught up with them, eventually closing to within 15 feet, investigators said. When the bear reached that proximity, the group split up running in different directions, they later told police investigators.
    Pure genius there. Best and brightest, I reckon.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    It was in an old movie. The dead guy left it. I don't know what his name was, though.
    Yeah, seems more like fiction than reality. My first WAG would be from Jeremiah Johnson.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Yep. That's the one. Heh...

Some of those old movies are really good. Much different than what we see today.

Moldy Old Joke Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The hikers turned around when the bear kept approaching, authorities said. But the bear caught up with them, eventually closing to within 15 feet, investigators said. When the bear reached that proximity, the group split up running in different directions, they later told police investigators.
    Pure genius there. Best and brightest, I reckon.
    Annnnnnnnnd thisgoeshere ...

Two men were walking through the woods when they saw a large bear about 15 feet or so away from them. The first man dropped his backpack and dug out a pair of running shoes, and started lacing them up as the bear began to approach them. The second man looked at the first, confused, and said, "What are you doing? Running shoes aren't going to help. You can't outrun that bear."

"I don't need to," said the first man, "I just need to outrun you ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Yep. That's the one. Heh...

Some of those old movies are really good. Much different than what we see today.
    Based on a real man:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver-Eating_Johnson

JacK London?

edit, I purposely didn't look further reply's before guessing, somehow thought the quote was older then JJ.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Two men were walking through the woods when they saw a large bear about 15 feet or so away from them. The first man dropped his backpack and dug out a pair of running shoes, and started lacing them up as the bear began to approach them. The second man looked at the first, confused, and said, "What are you doing? Running shoes aren't going to help. You can't outrun that bear."

Heh heh heh... I thought of that joke too, but you beat me to it!

Guns don't kill people.

Bears kill people who have no guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    He found out the hard way the rifle app he downloaded wasn't working.

Yep. Amazing how many folks think a cell phone is going to keep them safe. I'm guessing it goes hand-in-hand with the way the public has been indoctrinated with the idea one should simply call the police when in danger. No need for those nasty guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Lol.

But in reality, the person who runs looks more like prey, so let 'em run off...

He killed me with a claw, Mal... how weird is that?

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    A liberal would say that the dead guy didn't need a gun, he just needed to call 911.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast