Thread: Blatant State Worship

Blatant State Worship

Let's not mince words. This is worship; if you are a Christian and support or "like" this, you are committing an act of worship. May God forgive you.

Unwanted: Fair enough; I don't want someone--with a high statistical probability of shooting my dogs, my elderly relations or myself or bombing children and infants who have the misfortune to stand in doorways or lie in cribs--"inviting" themselves into my domicile. This is not because I am anti-police; this is because I am of the old-fashioned opinion that anyone who thinks that criminal behavior is acceptable or justifiable is a psychopath or sociopath.

Being underpaid? Here the median salary is about 52k for a police officer. I make less than half of that. And my employer wouldn't put up with 1/10 of the abusive, criminal nonsense that the enforcers for the State pull.

Doing the unthinkable: Yes, I would agree that 99% of people would not see a golden retriever and view it as a deadly threat, or justify bombing an infant in a crib. Certain actions used to be considered "unthinkable" for a reason.

For the ungrateful: I'm grateful for people who do their part to improve themselves and seek to be good neighbors to one another. Shoveling your elderly neighbor's sidewalk so she can collect her mail? That's basic human decency, and I'd say in most cases the elderly neighbor would be grateful for the neighbor's kindness. Pointing a gun in someone's face during a traffic stop which *you initiated*? Don't complain about how ungrateful people are. That's an abusive mentality. "After all I've done for [Victim], I'm still not appreciated."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well said Cissy.

The ungrateful part in that meme really gets me agitated .
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Maybe they just can't take a hint. If you're unwanted, unappeciated, underpaid by the ungrateful people with whom you're employed, you're usually fired or quit on your own.

But that concept is probably too tough to grasp for these people.

Yes, I would agree -- much of what they do is "unthinkable."

When putting together a pro-state propaganda meme it might be wise to not use words that have a negative connotation ...
    Last edited by SeanTX; 11-26-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
    For the ungrateful: I'm grateful for people who do their part to improve themselves and seek to be good neighbors to one another. Shoveling your elderly neighbor's sidewalk so she can collect her mail? That's basic human decency, and I'd say in most cases the elderly neighbor would be grateful for the neighbor's kindness. Pointing a gun in someone's face during a traffic stop which *you initiated*? Don't complain about how ungrateful people are. That's an abusive mentality. "After all I've done for [Victim], I'm still not appreciated."
    Exactly right.

We are stuck in an abusive, battered relationship, with no hope of peaceful divorce.

Rationalization:

After the violence, the abuser may have feelings of "guilt" -- not normal guilt, in which they feel sorry for having hurt another person, but a kind of guilt that is really just fear of getting caught. "I shouldn't have done that," they may think, "because I may get caught." The abuser can't stand any kind of guilt for long, so they quickly move on to the rationalization stage.

Here, the abuser tells himself that the one really at fault is the victim; they also tell that to the victim. For example, the abuser will tell their partner, "You shouldn't have made me mad" or "You should shut-up when I tell you to" or "How do you expect me to act when you are so unreasonable?" A perpetrator may say "They were acted like they wanted it" or " They asked for it."

When the abuser blames the victim, they are justifying their own behavior and giving themselves permission to continue behaving that way. When the abuser rationalizes, they completely ignore any personal responsibility they might have for the abuse.

coastie wrote it up once that summed it up perfectly...wish my search fu was strong enough to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    coastie wrote it up once that summed it up perfectly...wish my search fu was strong enough to find it.
    Quite a few have.

Nonetheless, it's refreshing to see that someone gets it.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I hope that meme doesn't come up on my FB timeline. I'll expose myself big time!

edit: I mean, with my clothes on.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Maybe they just can't take a hint. If you're unwanted, unappeciated, underpaid by the ungrateful people with whom you're employed, you're usually fired or quit on your own.

But that concept is probably too tough to grasp for these people.
    Or you go bankrupt.

Great points.

+rep

Let's not mince words. This is worship; if you are a Christian and support or "like" this, you are committing an act of worship. May God forgive you.

Unwanted: Fair enough; I don't want someone--with a high statistical probability of shooting my dogs, my elderly relations or myself or bombing children and infants who have the misfortune to stand in doorways or lie in cribs--"inviting" themselves into my domicile. This is not because I am anti-police; this is because I am of the old-fashioned opinion that anyone who thinks that criminal behavior is acceptable or justifiable is a psychopath or sociopath.

Being underpaid? Here the median salary is about 52k for a police officer. I make less than half of that. And my employer wouldn't put up with 1/10 of the abusive, criminal nonsense that the enforcers for the State pull.

Doing the unthinkable: Yes, I would agree that 99% of people would not see a golden retriever and view it as a deadly threat, or justify bombing an infant in a crib. Certain actions used to be considered "unthinkable" for a reason.

Let's do a comparison

Jesus the Christ

Unwanted: Isaiah 53:3

Underpaid: Carpenter (Mark 6:3)

Unappreciated: Luke 23:37-39

Doing the Unthinkable: Romans 5:8

For the ungrateful: Luke 22:63; Mark 14:65

If your meme can truthfully apply to the Savior of mankind, and you're using it to praise men---may God forgive you.

The Police:

The Unwanted for good reason, doing the unthinkably evil with a clear conscience, for the ungrateful victims unappreciated by those few who are sane...

I'm not sure how to make the "underpaid" meme work though. That's just blatantly false

I totally agree with the OP.
    Last edited by Christian Liberty; 11-26-2014 at 09:23 PM.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I would like to read it if anyone finds it.

Didn't know I was supposed to appreciate dog killers.

Cool image. /salute our unsung heroes
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Most of you have no idea how many lives these cops save. Granted, 99.99% of the time that life is their own, but still.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Let's not mince words.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Most of you have no idea how many lives these cops save. Granted, 99.99% of the time that life is their own, but still.
    Well, now, wait just a minute! Let's be fair and even-handed here.

Very rarely, cops might do something hurtful or injurious - accidentally, mind you - when their own lives are not actually in any danger.

So a more realistic number would be, say ... 99.97% ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

the number of christians i know who are into this worship makes me weep

these are otherwise good people, but when it comes to cops and wars, they are bloodthirsty

Quote Originally Posted by CrissyNY View Post
    the number of christians i know who are into this worship makes me weep

these are otherwise good people, but when it comes to cops and wars, they are bloodthirsty
    It's precisely the opposite reaction of our first century counterparts, who sought to win over the bloodthirsty Roman soldiers for Christ; not celebrate how the centurions kept order in the Empire and how they kept everyone safe. One can't picture a first century house church with a Roman eagle prominently displayed and the centurion converts being called to stand before the group to receive commendations for faithful service.

maybe it was simpler for them, their faith being against their government...eaten by lions was pretty clear cut anti-govt action

allotta christians on facebook nowadays out-christian each other by vowing who will kill more muslims for christ

and these are people i know

Quote Originally Posted by CrissyNY View Post
    maybe it was simpler for them, their faith being against their government...eaten by lions was pretty clear cut anti-govt action

allotta christians on facebook nowadays out-christian each other by vowing who will kill more muslims for christ

and these are people i know
    I wouldn't say "simpler". some people back then who were convinced they were of God's kingdom were adamantly of the belief that they needed to off a few 'infidels' as well. That old lie has been adjusted to be more in line with modern sensibilities.

I would say it's decades (even centuries) of pro-state indoctrination. I remember reading stories of pastors who, pre-WWII, refused to house American flags, etc. in their churches, for fear of state worship. Generations of Christians have grown up convinced that they are in the right to love the State (police, military, senator-of-choice, rep-of-choice) as much as they do. They operate under the assumption that if someone is military/police and attends church, he or she *must* be a believer battling crime in the streets in the name of The Lord.

It's easy to love the State---it's easy to love the police and the military.

It's hard to walk the road Christ walked---and when that includes condemning the beloved police for brutality, some take the easier path.