Thread: Silver Bullion For Precious Metals IRA - What Would YOU Buy?

Silver Bullion For Precious Metals IRA - What Would YOU Buy?

I know that only certain precious metals qualify for a Gold IRA...

I know to stay away from numismatics, "limited edition" or other over priced "rare" coins.

What silver coins would YOU add from this list?

https://www.regalassets.com/silver-coins

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A lot of the coins in your ad are not eligible to have in a metals IRA. They are limited to bullion coins and bars. Also note that you cannot hold your own metal IRA- it must be in the hands of some custodian.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-26-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Skip the IRA. Liquidate all paper instruments and buy physical and have in your possession.

Lately I have been giving some thought to closing my IRA.......it is a tough call because of the government theft involved if I do it prematurely. But if I leave it in, at some point they are probably going to rob me anyway as a way to deal with their irresponsible handling of the money they have already stolen.

"Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Coming from someone who eats and breaths PMs I would suggest American Silver Eagles for your Silver and Gold Buffalos for your gold. If you cant afford the whole gold OZs then I would suggest fractional AGEs.

Though I would agree that if someone is not matching your contributions you might as well just buy the physical.
    It's just an opinion... man...

I suppose it would make sense to sell the imaginary Gold and Silver and buy the real stuff for yourself...

like until it folds and they track you down.

Silver Eagles and Silver bars that are IRA eligible

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    Skip the IRA. Liquidate all paper instruments and buy physical and have in your possession.
    I would do this as well . More so if you have no physical and before that I would have land , water , trees , food weapons ,ammo then physical . Then , if you want some paper , go ahead , I reckon .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    A lot of the coins in your ad are not eligible to have in a metals IRA. They are limited to bullion coins and bars. Also note that you cannot hold your own metal IRA- it must be in the hands of some custodian.
    Which I view as a problem .

It is a pretty crappy list . When metals are low ( silver is , gold is not ) , numistics are something to be considered . Not crap , like high grade silver eagles , but more along the lines of Barber halves in Good , Morgan dollars in Unc ( not 1921 ), early date Walking Liberty halves in Good ( before 1934 ). Peace dollars ( not , 1922 or 1923 ) in Extra Fine or About Uncirculated , early date Mercury dimes ( 1921 and before ) , Barber & sitting Liberty dimes in G or Very good , Sitting Liberty halves , Good , Pre , oh 1913 ish gold in $5 or less . Etc
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-30-2021 at 09:11 PM.

Rare or collector coins are not eligible for your gold IRA. The IRS makes an exception only for American Eagle proof coins.

https://bullion.directory/adding-ame...s-to-your-ira/

I'm not sure proof Eagles are worth investing in with your IRA.

Proof silver eagles that the mint once peddled for the inflated price of 50 and 5 shipping can now be sold for 72 because of these IRA's
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    Lately I have been giving some thought to closing my IRA.......it is a tough call because of the government theft involved if I do it prematurely. But if I leave it in, at some point they are probably going to rob me anyway as a way to deal with their irresponsible handling of the money they have already stolen.

just come up with some "gambling losses" to offset.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch