Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Shows Cleveland Cop Shot Boy Immediately After Exiting Moving Car

Video Shows Cleveland Cop Shot Boy Immediately After Exiting Moving Car

Rookie mistake ... That and they can blame the dispatcher -- as if it being reported as "possibly a toy" would matter.

The same thing happened with the kid carrying the airsoft rifle in California -- the deputy immediately opened fire as soon as he got out of his vehicle. And he was "cleared of wrongdoing" -- of course.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...cart_big-photo

Cleveland police officer shot Tamir Rice immediately after leaving moving patrol car

November 26, 2014 at 1:35 PM, updated November 26, 2014 at 2:16 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio – A Cleveland police officer fatally shot Tamir Rice immediately after leaving his moving patrol car while his partner stayed at the wheel, surveillance video shows.

The video showed Wednesday by police captures the Saturday afternoon shooting at a West Side recreation center in which 12-year-old Rice was shot.

snip

A rookie officer pulled the trigger, said Jeffrey Follmer, president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association.

Police were sent to the Cudell Recreation Center at Detroit Avenue and West Boulevard about 3:30 p.m. when someone called 9-1-1 to report a "guy with a gun pointing it at people."

The caller told dispatchers twice that the gun was "probably fake," but that detail was not relayed to the responding officers, Follmer said.

snip
    Last edited by SeanTX; 11-26-2014 at 01:28 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    but..but..but..

we were told there were 'commands' to do 'something' like drop the gun, get on the ground, quit resisting, drop the gun, say mother may i...tell me you love me...get on the ground...$#@! it...shoot the punk, i'm in a bad mood today...

"One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

That Right there is a Murder on Video. I hope the person who called feels safer.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Thought he was a gangster. Pretty common with the youth.

Hadn't yet realized a bigger gang with the full backing of the government will shoot you for trivial reasons. On that note though, they wouldn't have pulled up as they did if they thought for a second that that gun was real.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    That Right there is a Murder on Video. I hope the person who called feels safer.
    Maybe the boy was acting "Real dodgeddy"

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

OK. I actually missed it the first time I saw the video.

Because I was expecting the officers to jump out of the car, shout, take positions and then fire....And the cops did do that after the car stopped. They did get out of the car and take up precautionary positions...ANd I was wondering..Why is the kid already on the ground, did he slip on the snow, when are they going to shoot him?

Then I RE-WATCHED it (around 7:10 or 7:15) and holy $#@!. The car is still moving and the cop fires pretty much the second he's stepping out of the car. It will like a drive-by shooting.

Seriously, it looked a lot more like a drive-by shooting...except then they pull over.

I don't see how anyone person can react in that time frame.

SO I rewatched it again. 7:12 the cop exits the vehicle with his hands in firing position. 7:13 the kid falls down dead. 7:14 the cop falls on his ass.

I'm not sure how the cops let this video surface. This should have disappeared mysteriously because it's pretty damning. Anyway, it won't matter at the end of the day the cop feared for his safety.

Damn. That kid died within 1 second of encountering a cop. Literally within 1 second of seeing a cop he was dead.

Interesting comment by a supposed cop on the comments:

I'm a police officer here in Florida. No way we would pull up so close to someone we believed to be armed with a handgun. At least I know I wouldn't. That situation I would have stopped a safe distance away and challenged the kid from behind cover. Don't know what kind of training Cleveland cops have!!! So sorry for that kid and his family.

So if the cops thought the kid was armed an dangerous, they wouldn't pull up 3 feet away from him...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You gotta admit though, that was some pretty good tactical driving. And in the snow? And hitting a target from a moving vehicle?

I would say it's "tacticool" but I wouldn't want to detract from the seriousness of how actually good their training must be.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Do you feel lucky, punk?
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
    - James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    OK. I actually missed it the first time I saw the video.

Because I was expecting the officers to jump out of the car, shout, take positions and then fire....And the cops did do that after the car stopped. They did get out of the car and take up precautionary positions...ANd I was wondering..Why is the kid already on the ground, did he slip on the snow, when are they going to shoot him?

Then I RE-WATCHED it (around 7:10 or 7:15) and holy $#@!. The car is still moving and the cop fires pretty much the second he's stepping out of the car. It will like a drive-by shooting.

Seriously, it looked a lot more like a drive-by shooting...except then they pull over.

I don't see how anyone person can react in that time frame.

SO I rewatched it again. 7:12 the cop exits the vehicle with his hands in firing position. 7:13 the kid falls down dead. 7:14 the cop falls on his ass.

I'm not sure how the cops let this video surface. This should have disappeared mysteriously because it's pretty damning. Anyway, it won't matter at the end of the day the cop feared for his safety.

Damn. That kid died within 1 second of encountering a cop. Literally within 1 second of seeing a cop he was dead.
    I wonder if Stephan "the confused anarchist" Molyneux makes another video extolling the grand determination of the grand jury after this cop is found to have done nothing wrong. He will do this by tell the viewers that somehow because they had x number of minorities and still found nothing wrong with the action of the cop, that somehow that means everything was in order. Sorta reminds me of my liberal friend who tell me that Obamacare must be constitutional since it passed the test with a supreme court that had a conservative majority.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bavarian View Post
    Do you feel lucky, punk?

In the 1 second it took the cop to kill the kid while jumping out of the vehicle I don't think the cop had time to say even that much...

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I wonder if Stephan "the confused anarchist" Molyneux makes another video extolling the grand determination of the grand jury after this cop is found to have done nothing wrong. He will do this by tell the viewers that somehow because they had x number of minorities and still found nothing wrong with the action of the cop, that somehow that means everything was in order. Sorta reminds me of my liberal friend who tell me that Obamacare must be constitutional since it passed the test with a supreme court that had a conservative majority.
    I don't think anyone should take Stephan Molyneux seriously about... well, anything. If he makes a good point about anything at all, you can always find it said in a better way from much more reliable sources.

As for the video, that looks like plain murder to me.
    Last edited by Antischism; 11-26-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    In the 1 second it took the cop to kill the kid while jumping out of the vehicle I don't think the cop had time to say even that much...
    But he had time to instruct him to drop the weapon 3 times. Bull$#@!.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

I had to do some conversions to make this work; quality may have suffered, but here's a tube:

Last edited by presence; 11-26-2014 at 10:33 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I had to do some conversions to make this work; quality may have suffered, but here's a tube:

Do you have a link to an original video that has sound? (the one I watched didn't)

Also, the portion cut out is kind of important.

Yes, it is obvious that the cops had a near certainty that the toy was a toy. They wouldn't have pulled up as they did else wise. What isn't shown in the video you've provided is the child pointing a realistic weapon at people walking by and in general acting like a punk.

Not that that deserves what occurred.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Do you have a link to an original video that has sound? (the one I watched didn't)

Yes, it is obvious that the cops had a near certainty that the toy was a toy. They wouldn't have pulled up as they did else wise. What isn't shown in the video you've provided is the child pointing a realistic weapon at people walking by and in general acting like a punk.

Which is why kids need parents to step into their lives and discipline their children. Kids and teens will do stupid things---it's part of the maturation process. A parent's job is to give their children consequences for stupidity so that the child doesn't need to receive more serious consequences for doing stupid things as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
    Which is why kids need parents to step into their lives and discipline their children. Kids and teens will do stupid things---it's part of the maturation process. A parent's job is to give their children consequences for stupidity so that the child doesn't need to receive more serious consequences for doing stupid things as an adult.
    Of course. The certain influences of that city, and many in that region cannot be overlooked.

The cop was not in the right executing the child as they did. They certainly knew the 'gun' was not a gun. The way they drove straight up, ignoring any aspect of reason, or of respecting property, or of deescalation is telling of that region. I've seen them drive over curbs to porches for trivial reasons... looking for someone who has long left.

Growing up as many do, having influences as they do... everyone wants to be a gangster.

Watching the video, it is quite clear he was a little confused, acting like a punk (and they're a dime a dozen in any metropolitan).

Another member said it best with regards to government sanctioned edicts affecting the community negatively, said actors, or policemen, etc. exacerbating an issue simply following orders and the tragedy that results. It's a multifaceted issue.

this is so different from Ferguson. I think they will indict. how Kasich handles this could effect his chances for the nomination

The original did not have sound,

The video contains no audio.
    http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...cart_big-photo

you can view it here::

http://videos.cleveland.com/plain-de...eo_captur.html

I converted that to MP4, then MP4 upload to youtube

I did it in HD, it was 13mb

The free conversion utility I used maxed out at 1 minute of conversion

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    The original did not have sound,
    you can view it here:

I converted that to MP4, then MP4 upload to youtube

I did it in HD, it was 13mb

The free conversion utility I used maxed out at 1 minute of conversion
    The sound in the video is simply from the conversion?

There's what sounds like car doors opening etc.... it kinda throws off the video.

The sound in the video is simply from the conversion?

There's what sounds like car doors opening etc.... it kinda throws off the video.
    Wow. I just played it again w/ my stereo on.

YES!!!
    It does seem like my conversion brought out a hidden soundtrack. When I did the conversion it said something about the sound being corrupted/incomplete. I ignored it... just assumed there was no sound like the article said.

But, yeah... I hear the kids voice there for for a second; a sigh of exasperation at 0:07. The only other audio sounds like it could potentially be multiple gunshots / car doors closing.

I'm suddenly interested in doing more work on it. I have the highest quality available on my hard drive. Its late... I'll play with it again tomorrow and see if I can pull anything else.
    Last edited by presence; 11-27-2014 at 12:30 AM.

He's shot at 0:22

This is a mp3 clip of his exasperated breath at 0:05 to 0:09

http://picosong.com/4gES/
    Last edited by presence; 11-27-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
    Parents will be parents and rebellious pre-teens will be rebellious pre-teens. Does that mean they should be shot dead and their parents held responsible? SMDH.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The comments about the uncovered audio track are quite interesting. However, if the cop never got out of the car until 21 seconds and shot the kid at 22 seconds, that means the sigh at 7 seconds came from one of the cops. This implies a possible smoking gun pointing to a "we don't have time for this" scenario.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    The comments about the uncovered audio track are quite interesting. However, if the cop never got out of the car until 21 seconds and shot the kid at 22 seconds, that means the sigh at 7 seconds came from one of the cops. This implies a possible smoking gun pointing to a "we don't have time for this" scenario.
    The whole interaction shows anything but tactical knowledge. It's nut's.

I finally got to see the video, posted here. It looks like they had a premeditated plan to just "take him out." I think even if he had put his hands on top of his head when he saw the car drive up he still would have been shot.

Just straight out murder, and far worse than Mike Brown even if Brown had been executed while surrendering. And it will most likely soon be forgotten, while the Brown story lives on (it would be nice if all that rage could be channeled to more legitimate cases like this).
    Last edited by SeanTX; 11-27-2014 at 05:11 AM.

Eric frein allegedly did this and...

Officer rookie friendly did this and....
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX;5713271[B
    The caller told dispatchers twice that the gun was "probably fake," but that detail was not relayed to the responding officers,[/B]
    But the caller, contaminated with self-elected imbecility and importance, infected with cowardice by his own choice, and unwilling to mind his own business decided to butt in and rat on one of his fellows, a child no less, by bringing cops into a situation where he should have known the likely outcome.

May that citizen, his "good intentions" be damned, rot in misery for the remainder of his earthly existence. May his life turn to pestilence and torment. May he gain the knowledge of his actions just as the first woman and man gained awareness of themselves through the forbidden fruit of knowledge. May his cowardice maintain his cleave to life so that he goes on for many decades in in the agony-laced realization of what it is he has done.

This retarded buffoon; this dreg, unworthy of the God's gifts so generously bestowed but which he refuses with steadfast and violent ejection, needs to learn the bitterness of his folly. He merits the burn of shame and guilt and anguish for what he so mindlessly committed against an innocent. To hell with him and his kind. May I live to see the coming to pass of their extinction from this earth.

But I doubt he will ever suffer as he deserves because of the hollow spirit of so empty-headed an animal as this, may the animals forgive my insult to them.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Cleveland police officers forced Tamir Rice's 14-year-old sister to the ground, handcuffed her and placed in the back of a Cleveland police car steps away from her wounded 12-year-old brother.

The scene plays out within the first two minutes of the 30 minute video taken from the Cudell Recreation Center surveillance camera that captured the shooting. The additional video was obtained by Northeast Ohio Media Group after protracted talks with city officials, who initially refused to release it.

An attorney representing the Rice family called the video "shocking and outrageous."

"This has to be the cruelest thing I've ever seen," Akron-based attorney Walter Madison said.

The video confirmed earlier claims made by Tamir's mother, Samaria Rice, and her legal team at a Dec. 8 press conference that an officer cuffed her daughter as she ran to check on her brother and that officers waited several minutes before administering first aid.

The girl, who was at the park with Tamir, ran to her brother's side when she heard two gunshots fired by first-year Cleveland police officer Timothy Loehmann.

As the girl neared her brother, Loehmann's partner, Frank Garmback confronted her and forced her to the ground. Loehmann rushed over, and the two knelt beside her as she rolled on the ground. Eventually the officers handcuffed the girl and placed her in the back of the police cruiser, less than 10 feet from her dying brother.

Officers then stood around Tamir as he lay wounded. One officer had his hands on his hips when a man, identified by police as an FBI agent who was in the neighborhood, entered the frame and administered first aid. It was the first medical care the boy received in the four minutes that followed the shooting.

Paramedics did not arrive until about eight minutes after the shooting. Much of what happened to Tamir after the shooting is blocked by Garmback and Loehmann's squad car. The paramedics can be seen working as officers stand around the boy.

Tamir is whisked away on a stretcher a little over 13 minutes after the shooting.

Madison said the video depicted officers who showed "overwhelming indifference" to Tamir as he lay on the ground.

"No one thinks that it's appropriate to try to save him," Madison said. "The first person who does is not affiliated with the Cleveland police department.
    Video at link. Cops subduing siste @ about 2 mins. in. http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...incart_m-rpt-1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast