Thread: Ted Cruz Wants Joe Lieberman for Defense Secretary

Ted Cruz Wants Joe Lieberman for Defense Secretary

“One strong option would be former Sen. Joe Lieberman, a member of the president’s own party with deep experience and unshakable commitment to the security of the United States,” Cruz said. “I urge the president to give him full and fair consideration for this critical position.”

Lieberman has very similar foreign policy as Republican Senators John McCain of Arizona and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina. The three men have been called the “Three Amigos.”

Continue reading:

http://benswann.com/sen-cruz-betrays...nse-secretary/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    According to a 2003 article in the Boston Globe, Lieberman "initially supported the Vietnam War, then changed his mind in late 1967, when he decided it was 'the wrong place to be.'

He has firmly backed
    every

military action since then:

Grenada,
    Libya,
    Panama,
    Kosovo,
    Afghanistan,
    and both Gulf wars."[92] Since that time, he has repeatedly urg[ed] new American attacks against
    Iran,
    Syria and, most recently, action in
    Yemen against terrorists.[93][94]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politic...y_intervention

[IMG]http://********************************/2013/08/93891269aw009_lieberman_and144513-300x300.jpg[/IMG]

a vocal supporter in Congress for U.S. aerial attacks on Iran
    Lieberman called for the Obama administration to pre-emptively attack Yemen
    voted against [] withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq
    al Qaeda's members "were not entitled to prisoner of war status"
    a friend of defense contractors
    a powerful proponent for robust Pentagon spending
    he advocated for more models of combat systems [] even when Air Force and Pentagon officials argued against them
    push for larger defense budgets and arms buildups
    strip US citizens of their citizenship if they participate in terrorism
    relentless advocate[] of capital punishment

Lieberman received an "F" rating from the National Rifle Association

Ted you're showing your true colors and its disgusting.
    Last edited by presence; 11-26-2014 at 05:08 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I looked at his wiki page and I failed to see any official education, experience or training in the realm of defense, security, military, strategy or anything other than being a taxtick, lawyer or lobbyist. Why exactly would he be qualified for this position?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I looked at his wiki page and I failed to see any official education, experience or training in the realm of defense, security, military, strategy or anything other than being a taxtick, lawyer or lobbyist. Why exactly would he be qualified for this position?
    He is 100% in favor of the American Militaristic Global Empire, and will do everything in his power to advance it. Therefore, the Military Industrial Complex will give millions to any politician that supports him. Those millions are his qualifications.

I looked at his wiki page and I failed to see any official education, experience or training in the realm of defense, security, military, strategy or anything other than being a taxtick, lawyer or lobbyist.
    Maybe Paul Wolfowitz is available. He has experience. How many of the old neoconservatives have gone back to their Democrat home? Should be plenty to choose from now.

Why exactly would he be qualified for this position?
    No idea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gorilla-300x228.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	3435
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Maybe Ted wants to get into bed with the wackobirds...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vanity-fair-mccain-lieberman-graham3.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	3436
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Apparently Cruz is very comfortable in Washington...
    "I am a bird"

Seems that this is not a new choice for Cruz. He tweeted this in 2012...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a uninformed stooge Cruz is. Doing this to get aipac money for election? Not to be trusted.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I wish Ron could rescind his endorsement of Cruz.... hot tub time machine
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus