Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Hunter uses Rand Paul 2016 Page to defend Ferguson Protestors

Jack Hunter uses Rand Paul 2016 Page to defend Ferguson Protestors

https://www.facebook.com/Rand2016/po...if_t=notify_me

They are going off on Rand and all think he posted this. These are people that liked the page that are turned off by Rare.us and Jack Hunter one of the editors at Rare.us making money off of web clicks and admin for the facebook page trying to make money off of the Rand Paul name.

Please go there and straighten these people out so they know this is from the rare website not Rand Paul.

Last edited by Okaloosa; 11-25-2014 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Jack Hunter is a Rand Paul 2016 admin (message me if you don't believe me).

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But Rand wants to work with Jack Hunter. I'm just a pesky, fringy, conspiracy-theorizing, libertarian....what do I know? Rand needs to take care of that himself.

Top comments, please let them know that this is not Rand despite Jack Hunter wanting them to think otherwise.

"This is one case where Rand Paul is absolutely WRONG!"

"Protestors? Oh, you mean looters right? Because that's all I'm seeing..."

"Rand, I love you but how do I listen to someone who steals the fruits of an innocent shop owners labor because they are pissed off?"

"Damn I liked Rand, then he posts some liberal bull$#@! like this. Another left winger pretending to love America, and I supported you hardcore until this..."

"Rand, I have lost all respect for you."

"I like you Ran but you are full of $#@! on this. You sound like Jessie Jackson race baiting on this one. It is called self responsibility........... can't blame others for your own laziness"

"I'm sorry, Rand, I love you and what you stand for, but you're wrong here. It's almost 2015. We're past all that. It's time to stop committing crimes, white or black, as to expect the police to leave you alone. The answer is to stop having violent altercations with police."

"Are you $#@!ing kidding me? Sounds like Rand Paul will say ANYTHING in order to try to get part of the black vote. Adios, Rand; you just lost another white voter because you're rationalizing the fact that more blacks are in prison; because more blacks DESERVE to be in prison because of their crimes. I'll be campaigning for Rand's opponent in a couple of years because of this asshattery of a quote."

"I think you've lost my vote, you're not too bright and your political correctness is disturbing"

"I am watching them riot and loot and now burning buildings and shooting at police. Rand is not as smart as I thought he was. Everyone should have to obey the law. No group no matter how much they whine should be above the law."

"Are you high??????"

"Rand should have not posted this one"

"Whoever runs this site...SHUT THE HELL UP!"

Good grief, Jack Hunter is an idiot.

Hunter, Collins and Benton.

Any of these asshats involved w/ Rand signals to me that I am out.

Well, it's taking a while to undo all of Jack's damage.

Well, that was exhausting. That page really needs to be taken down.

I don't even disagree with what he's saying but it's $#@!in annoying how people like him ride on Rand's coattails. He's obviously fooling people into thinking it's Rand's page.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okaloosa View Post

They are going off on Rand and all think he posted this. These are people that liked the page that are turned off by Rare.us and Jack Hunter one of the editors at Rare.us making money off of web clicks and admin for the facebook page trying to make money off of the Rand Paul name.

Please go there and straighten these people out so they know this is from the rare website not Rand Paul.

I actually read the article - and there's NOT ONE GODDAM THING WRONG WITH IT.

It is absolutely, dead-center spot on - and I can't imagine how Rand would disagree with it one bit.

In fact, it's one of the best articles - maybe THE best article - I've read about the issue.

+rep to Jack Hunter for writing it - and $#@! all the $#@!s who are bitching and whining about it.

If those $#@!tards are the kind of people whose sensibilities have to be pandered to, then to hell with it ...

Here's Hunter's article: http://rare.us/story/why-it-is-so-im...s-in-missouri/

And here's the full text of the facebook entry:
    "Given the racial disparities in our criminal justice system, it is impossible for African-Americans not to feel like their government is particularly targeting them." - Rand Paul, Aug 14, 2014

[picture of peaceful protestors]

Why it is so important for white Americans to listen to the protestors in Missouri

Even if you don't agree with them.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

//
    Last edited by jmdrake; 11-25-2014 at 12:21 AM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

That's like Ron Paul's newsletters all over again.

Flag the post to Facebook.
    Last edited by Bergie Bergeron; 11-25-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I actually read the article - and there's NOT ONE GODDAM THING WRONG WITH IT.

It is absolutely, dead-center spot on - and I can't imagine how Rand would disagree with it one bit.

In fact, it's one of the best articles - maybe THE best article - I've read about the issue.

+rep to Jack Hunter for writing it - and $#@! all the $#@!s who are bitching and whining about it.

If those $#@!tards are the kind of people whose sensibilities have to be pandered to, then to hell with it ...

Here's Hunter's article: http://rare.us/story/why-it-is-so-im...s-in-missouri/

And here's the full text of the facebook entry:
    I wasn't commenting on the article in post #5. I was just posting my general feeling about Hunter. He's an $#@! trying to save his political career as far as I am concerned. Perhaps this is a good article and he is trying to correct a bad image and wants to simply walk away from politics in good standing.
    I will re-iterate. If Hunter is in I'm out.
    Don't care what he has to say anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergie Bergeron View Post

Actually its the opposite of the newsletters. The newsletters were anonymous and perceived as racist. This article is not anonymous and no one would accuse it of being racist. Also most commentators seem to mistakenly think it was just written. This was written months ago when Ferguson was still new and the protests were still peaceful.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

It was a matter of time before these rand paul fan pages post something bad and puts off the voter base.

Not really. The facebook page has no affiliation with Rand (other than using his name and image). It would be similar to blaming Ron for things posted on this forum or one of the many other websites that used his name as part of the domain. In the about it even states that it is unofficial.

Lol @ Humans
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Okay. I'm no Jack Hunter fan. But he did nothing wrong here. The quote that has the jackasses mad is from Rand Paul himself!

“Big government has been at the heart of the problem,” Mr. Paul wrote. “Washington has incentivized the militarization of local police precincts by using federal dollars to help municipal governments build what are essentially small armies—where police departments compete to acquire military gear that goes far beyond what most of Americans think of as law enforcement.”

The criticism of police power by Mr. Paul and Mr. Amash put them in a strange-bedfellow alliance with liberals and African Americans who have been protesting the handling of the Michael Brown shooting and the forceful police response to street demonstrations.

Mr. Paul put the issue into a broader context of issues like government surveillance and limits on civil liberties that have also seen an alliance between liberals and libertarians in recent years.

Mr. Paul, who has also tried to reach out to African American audiences in an effort to broaden his party’s appeal, also saw the episode as linked to racial inequities in the criminal justice system.

“It is almost impossible for many Americans not to feel like their government is targeting them,” said Mr. Paul. “Given the racial disparities in our criminal justice system, it is impossible for African-Americans not to feel like their government is particularly targeting them.”

“Anyone who thinks that race does not still, even if inadvertently, skew the application of criminal justice in this country is just not paying close enough attention.”

Mr. Paul’s comments also served as a response to Democratic Rep. Joaquin Castro of Texas, who earlier had practically dared him –as well as conservative Sen. Ted Cruz (R., Texas) — to join the criticism of the police response because of his libertarian ideology.

“I’m sure that Ted Cruz and Rand Paul are going speak up for the liberty and freedom of the ppl of Ferguson against govt overreach soon,” Mr. Castro said on Twitter.

Why he tryna post his $#@! on a Rand Paul page?????? Isn't this dude who got dropped after they found out he's the Southern Avenger? He needs to go be in the cut somewhere smh. Still a good article, still Rand was spot on.

I'm pretty let down that the conservatives and "libertarians" I follow from Twitter were pro-Wilson AND disregarding and racial element to the entire thing, I've made it clear everyone had to when looking at the Ferguson thing fairly but to act as if it's not a factor is just as ignorant as assuming it was the only factor in the matter to me at least. Not one tweet or comment last night about the real issue where big govt. is involved..........demilitarizing the police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

It's not the time or the place to do this kind of education. People were emotional, the storm of negative comments were highly predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Okay. I'm no Jack Hunter fan. But he did nothing wrong here. The quote that has the jackasses mad is from Rand Paul himself!

[i]“Big government has been at the heart of the problem,” Mr. Paul wrote. “Washington has incentivized the militarization of local police precincts by using federal dollars to help municipal governments build what are essentially small armies—where police departments compete to acquire military gear that goes far beyond what most of Americans think of as law enforcement.”
    Hunter did nothing wrong, and it's the same old story. The Paul revolution started as a perfect example of almost spontaneous voluntary self-organization of liberty-minded people of different stripes. This grassroots network respected the existing liberty movement that led to it, and mutual tolerance was exercised by supporters for its multiple facets. But then the protectors/controllers rolled in and demanded 'respectability,' or marginalizing, demeaning or expunging all elements of the movement that were not considered helpful to Paul.

In practice, this gave the protector faction a blank check to denounce every expression of liberty they didn't like, or wasn't thought to be in line with the Pauls or their campaigns/projects. PaulFest? "Fringe elements." Truthers? "Extremists." Kokesh? "Irresponsible." Hunter? "How dare he talk abut race, without clearance from central command?" Jones? "All of the above." And so on, and on, into the Rand campaign cycle.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 11-25-2014 at 05:48 PM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by philipped View Post
    Why he tryna post his $#@! on a Rand Paul page?????? Isn't this dude who got dropped after they found out he's the Southern Avenger? He needs to go be in the cut somewhere smh. Still a good article, still Rand was spot on.

I'm pretty let down that the conservatives and "libertarians" I follow from Twitter were pro-Wilson AND disregarding and racial element to the entire thing, I've made it clear everyone had to when looking at the Ferguson thing fairly but to act as if it's not a factor is just as ignorant as assuming it was the only factor in the matter to me at least. Not one tweet or comment last night about the real issue where big govt. is involved..........demilitarizing the police.
    He (Jack Hunter) didn't post it. At least not from what I can tell. Rand Paul made a statement that's 100% true but some fake "tea party" types can't handle. Jack Hunter wrote an article expressing the same sentiment. Someone else posted both Rand Paul's statement and Jack Hunter's article on a Rand Paul FAN page that ANYBODY can put up and the fake tea party types are mad. Here's the deal. Rand will not win in 2016 with only the people who voted for Romney in 2012. And even if the tea party types that hated Romney so much that they stayed home came out and voted for Rand that would not be enough. Rand is trying to broaden the base by actually speaking liberty to people who don't understand it. (Black who reflexively vote democrat). Jack "Southern Avenger" Hunter got the memo and quit trying to do neo-confederate outreach and is actually trying to do the right thing. That's why I erased what I posted earlier. I realized, like it or not, Jack Hunter is right this time, and it's his critics that are clueless. Now I've got to go wash my hands 1000 times for typing that.

How? Isn't it the exact opposite?

The people complaining about this article would probably point to that line in the newsletters about fleet-footed negro purse snatchers and use it to tell Rand that that's the side of Ron Paul they want to see more of from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Hunter did nothing wrong, and it's the same old story. The Paul revolution started as perfect exmple of almost spontaneous voluntary self-organization of liberty-minded people of different stripes. This grassroots network respected the existing liberty movement that led to it, and mutual tolerance was exercised by supporters for its multiple facets. But then the protectors controllers rolled in and demanded 'respectability,' or marginalizing, demeaning or expunging all elements of the movement that were not considered helpful to Paul.

In practice, this gave the protector faction a blank check to denounce every expression of liberty they didn't like, or wasn't thought to be in line with the Pauls or their campaigns/projects. PaulFest? "Fringe elements." Truthers? "Extremists." Kokesh? "Irresponsible." Hunter? "How dare he talk abut race, without clearance from central command?" Jones? "All of the above." And so on, and on, into thr Rand campaign cycle.
    Yeah. The said irony is that Jack Hunter was jumping on the "attack the fringe" bandwaggon before he got "outed" as the Southern Avenger. (It's funny that the liberal media thinks that as Jack never hid his identity and would end video after video showing his real face by saying "The Southern Avenger.") So I'm tempted to jump in and bash Jack "Don't talk about Bilderberg" Hunter but instead I find myself defending him for being victim of the same witchhunt/purge he was participated in.

It's not the time or the place to do this kind of education. People were emotional, the storm of negative comments were highly predictable.
    Highly predictable, and also not a bad thing for Rand politically.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    How? Isn't it the exact opposite?

The people complaining about this article would probably point to that line in the newsletters about fleet-footed negro purse snatchers and use it to tell Rand that that's the side of Ron Paul they want to see more of from him.
    ^This! Really you simply can't please everyone.

The article was written a month ago. These people just noticed it now.

Edit: I'm not sure when it was posted on the FB page but it was written October 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Okaloosa View Post
    All this hand wringing about Hunter running a website and pushing his own message using Randal's name is no different than all the handwringing that was done in Ron's race with truthers or race supremacists or codepinkers or cheney-walkouters or all the other people that you disagree with or do stuff we/you/the media doesn't like.

All the handwringing is worthless and won't make a damn bit of difference. People are gonna do whatever the hell they feel like doing. Spend the time pushing your own message instead, its more productive.

No one knows for sure if Jack Hunter is posting to that page or not
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    No one knows for sure if Jack Hunter is posting to that page or not
    Yeah. What I said in post #21. Besides, the Jack Hunter article is not at all out of line with the Rand Paul quote. The fake tea party type gonna be mad anyway. I'm just that both Rand and Jack realize they have to have appeal beyond "likely republican voters."

Maybe Rand should be contacted and told that he should ask the person who runs that page to take it down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast