Thread: Cruz endorses Joe Lieberman for next Secretary of Defense

Cruz endorses Joe Lieberman for next Secretary of Defense

https://www.facebook.com/SenatorTedC...49183598527277

Today's resignation reflects the ongoing damage caused by President Obama's misguided foreign policy of leading from behind. We need a Secretary of Defense who is squarely focused on defending the national security interests of the United States, first and foremost, and especially preventing a bad deal over Iran's nuclear weapons program that could do irreparable harm to us and our allies. One strong option would be former Sen. Joe Lieberman, a member of the President's own party with deep experience and unshakable commitment to the security of the United States. I urge the President to give him full and fair consideration for this critical position.
    Additionally, in response to the President’s illegal executive amnesty announced last week, I have called on Senate Republican leadership to halt confirmation of all of the President's executive and judicial nominations, with the exception of vital national security positions. By any measure, the Secretary of Defense is a vital national security position, and the Senate should promptly confirm a strong and qualified nominee.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LMAO, you can't be serious ... Is this for reals?? lolololol..

BARF. LIEberman is making a killing on the opium production in Afghanistan. I guess he owns an interest in a couple of the processing plants the US built to ramp up production there against the Taliban's wishes.

Cruz just sounds worse and worse everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    BARF. LIEberman is making a killing on the opium production in Afghanistan. I guess he owns an interest in a couple of the processing plants the US built to ramp up production there against the Taliban's wishes.
    So is Mitch McConnell... His father-in-law just got busted for running tons of the chit from Liberia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    LMAO, you can't be serious ... Is this for reals?? lolololol..
    It's also in a Politico article: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/1...6.html?hp=l4_4.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    He's gone straight down the neocon $#@!ter.

It will never end until people stop having such a boner for Israel.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cruz endorses Joe Lieberman for next Secretary of Defense:

Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post
    He's gone straight down the neocon $#@!ter.
    Well I guess our skepticism of Cruz was well deserved. Lieberman is a caricature of corruption. What is Cruz up to? What's his payoff for this complete sellout?

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Well I guess our skepticism of Cruz was well deserved. Lieberman is a caricature of corruption. What is Cruz up to? What's his payoff for this complete sellout?
    an Adelson endorsement

If true then wow...just wow.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

if Obama wanted to stir things up he would pick Murkowski or Ayotte.

LOL, and people on the "Facebook tea party" posted a picture of Rand shaking Al Sharpton's hand and said he just lost my vote, Ted Cruz for president. Wow. They either really are that superficial, or they are just taking advantage of a photo to denigrate a guy they already hate.I am having a hard time deciding which one is worse.

Lieberman was known as one of "the three amigos" along with McCain and Graham. He's the worst of the worst. This really shows how much better Rand is than Cruz on foreign policy issues. It's a night and day difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Lieberman was known as one of "the three amigos" along with McCain and Graham. He's the worst of the worst. This really shows how much better Rand is than Cruz on foreign policy issues. It's a night and day difference.
    Cruz' Facebook page is full of glowing comments about Lieberman's integrity on so forth.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't imagine a worse nominee aside from McCain himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    This is great news if ture. I hope Cruz continues to align himself bltantly with neocons. Let there be no doubt as to where he stands.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Yup. He has been meeting with Donald Rumsfeld (seriously) on foreign policy. He hired a foreign policy advisor on his staff who was a Rumsfed aide. He sat down with Bill Kristol a few weeks back and Kristol said Cruz was great on FP and has been singing his praises.

I don't like the overuse of the word neocon, but Ted Cruz basically is a neocon right now, or soon will be.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 11-24-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Cruz' Facebook page is full of glowing comments about Lieberman's integrity on so forth.

what else do you expect from those sheep in the GOP?

The comments on Cruz's FB page are disheartening. The conservative base is neocon, through and through.