Thread: Al Sharpton: Rand Paul’s outreach to blacks could hurt Democrats in 2016

Al Sharpton: Rand Paul’s outreach to blacks could hurt Democrats in 2016

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/1....html?hp=lc1_4

I think it's funny how he basically says "I think Rand knows he probably won't get my vote despite the fact that I'm admitting he's doing more to help blacks on the issues I care about than most Democrats." I appreciate the attempt at candor but what he actually did was demonstrate just how irrational and close-minded he (and millions who think the way he thinks) are.

Having said that, I take Sharpton at his word and I think it's very positive to learn that he was the one who asked Rand to breakfast. That's a very positive reflection on Rand's efforts to focus on minority issues.
    Last edited by jct74; 11-24-2014 at 06:30 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    http://www.politico.com/story/2014/1....html?hp=lc1_4

I think it's funny how he basically says "I think Rand knows he probably won't get my vote despite the fact that I'm admitting he's doing more to help blacks on the issues I care about than most Democrats." I appreciate the attempt at candor but what he actually did was demonstrate just how irrational and close-minded he (and millions who think the way he thinks) are.

Having said that, I take Sharpton at his word and I think it's very positive to learn that he was the one who asked Rand to breakfast. That's a very positive reflection on Rand's efforts to focus on minority issues.
    Who will Mr. Sharpton wish to vote for? Someone who continues the same 50 years of failed social policies and empty platitudes?

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Who will Mr. Sharpton wish to vote for? Someone who continues the same 50 years of failed social policies and empty platitudes?
    Probably the same person that Tavis Smiley will ultimately vote for.

I can't stand Hannity, but he owned Smiley in this exchange. Really, Tavis admits that blacks at the end of Obama's presidency will be worse off but his come back is to talk about the Republicans and the government shut down? If blacks are doing worse, and as a whole we are, shouldn't he want the entity causing the problem shut down?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Sharpton might not endorse Rand, but how hard would he really campaign against him if he respects Rand as an individual and agrees with him some of the time? And actually, I wouldn't even necessarily consider a Sharpton endorsement an impossibility, depending on how Rand runs his general election campaign, and how (Hillary) runs hers. And who knows what the two of them might be talking about in private
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    If the policies are effective, Mr. Sharpton will be out of a job.

so even when people like sharpton find someone who might be the right way to go....he will still note vote for him because of party lines and race....dumbass!

Race and superficial divisions don't matter..........Sharpton won't vote for Rand because of Race and party affiliation..........Rand is saying and doing more than people within his own party on an issue near and dear to Sharpton.........

Yeah, that's a critical thinker there.......LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Of course on a certain level I don't care who Al Sharpton votes for. But if he's right about Rand's effect on race politics, and I think he is, that's a good thing. In fact Sharpton saying "I just might vote for Rand" could hurt Rand in the primaries.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.