Thread: Grapple - The Apple that tastes like a grape

Grapple - The Apple that tastes like a grape

This is just weird...

You’ve seen grapes that look like witches fingers, but have you seen an apple that tastes like a grape?

In a video from Munchies, VICE's food channel, contributor Adam Leith Gollner sheds light on this mysterious fruit, known as the grapple.

The apple-grape hybrid was created in Washington's Wenatchee Valley. According to inventors, the grapple is made by dunking Fuji apples in a bath of methyl anthranilate, or artificial concord grape flavoring. When not used for grapples, it’s typically found in chewing gum and Kool aid.

While researching the grapple for his soon-to-be published book The Fruit Hunters, which explores unusual or interesting fruits, Gollner discovered that the methyl anthranilate is used by farmers as bird repellant under is considered safe by the Environmental Protection Agency for human consumption.

Gollner distributed samples of the grapples to a variety of people. Reactions varied, with one person saying it smelled like grape soda, and another saying it reminded them of the good-tasting toothpaste from childhood.

One middle-aged man, who declared that he doesn’t eat apples, but he does smoke pot from them, said the apple is a solution to post-smoking munchies.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/...es-like-grape/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

The apple-grape hybrid was created in Washington's Wenatchee Valley. According to inventors, the grapple is made by dunking Fuji apples in a bath of methyl anthranilate, or artificial concord grape flavoring. When not used for grapples, it’s typically found in chewing gum and Kool aid.

Not a hybrid but a flavor- added apple soaked in Kool-Aid. They use Galas or Fujis.

http://www.grapplefruits.com/process.html

Grāpple® brand apples begin either as Washington Extra Fancy Gala or Fuji Apples, depending upon the season. These "premium apples" are the ones that take on the grape flavor best. This Patented Process is complex and the ingredient mix primarily includes concentrated grape flavor and pure water (USPP #7,824,723). All ingredients are USDA and FDA approved and the process has been licensed by the Washington State Department of Agriculture.

There is nothing but flavor being infused into the apple. A relaxing bathing process prepares our apples for you or your kids. The apple takes on no additional sugars or calories. They are not genetically altered in any way. The apple is as healthy as ever but now has the new exciting grape flavor. The process is better explained by the Food Network's "Unwrapped" show entitled "Grapeful". Check your local listings or click here to find out the next time it is on in your area.
    My local store sold them a few years back but I haven't seen them in a while. (Video at link).

Galas and Fujis are extreme hybrids, and are arguably more artificial tasting than naturally occurring hybrids or other apples. Apparently the already cotton candy flavor of these hybrids aren't sweet enough for some, so more artificialness was added.

Technology and human taste buds fail again. The apple continues to be perverted.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Not a hybrid but a flavor- added apple soaked in Kool-Aid. They use Galas or Fujis.

My local store sold them a few years back but I haven't seen them in a while. (Video at link).
    Did you try it?

Honestly, if I saw one I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Did you try it?

Honestly, if I saw one I would.
    YAY!!! I found a Grapple. It's chilling in the fridge - I'm having one for dessert.

I tried one of those a number of years ago.

It's kind of cute for a change and a bit novel, but I would prefer a plain ole Honey Crisp. Hybrid doesn't mean genetically modified. Some of the finest peaches and pears are hybrid.

I'm preparing to taste the Grapple. A few observations, it looks like a small apple but it smells like grape - not grapes but more like grape drink.

Okay, here comes the tasting...the texture's okay - a little mealy for me and it tastes like it smells - grape drink. I really want to love this apple and I'm glad I tried it but I won't bother buying these again. I give the Grapple a 2 out of 5 stars.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

http://www.grapplefruits.com/process.html

Next step, is someone needs to genetically modify the apple to have that kool aid flavor, so it'd be more natural
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his