Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regulation Without Representation.

Exclamation Regulation Without Representation.

"Additional clarification through rulemaking".

There's a new one.

White House Quietly Releases Plans For 3,415 Regulations Ahead Of Thanksgiving Holiday

10:06 AM 11/24/2014

http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/24/wh...iving-holiday/

While Americans are focused on what delicious foods they’re going to eat for Thanksgiving, the White House is focused on releasing its massive regulatory agenda — marking the fifth time the Obama administration has released its regulatory road map on the eve of a major holiday.

The federal Unified Agenda is the Obama administration’s regulatory road map, and it lays out thousands of regulations being finalized in the coming months. Under President Barack Obama, there has been a tradition of releasing the agenda late on Friday — and right before a major holiday.

“It’s become an unfortunate tradition of this administration and others to drop these regulatory agendas late on a Friday and right before a holiday,” Matt Shudtz, executive director of the Center for Progressive Reform, told The Hill newspaper.

The White House’s regulatory agenda for spring 2014 was released on the eve of the Memorial Day weekend, when millions of people set out on weekend getaways or family vacations.

“It’s unfortunate because it’s an update on protections for Americans of all stripes,” Shudtz told the Hill. “It lays out the administration’s plan and it deserves more attention.”

But the White House may have a good reason to do so because its Unified Agenda for fall 2014 includes some 3,415 regulations– more than the last regulatory agenda, and one that includes 189 rules that cost more than $100 million.

One of the most contentious rules is the Environmental Protection Agency rules to limit greenhouse gas emissions from new and existing power plants. According to the agenda, these rules will be finalized in 2015.

They have been criticized by Republicans and the coal industry for accelerating the demise of coal-fired power and for setting the stage for increases in electricity prices. Republicans, who are set to take control of the Senate next year, have vowed to fight EPA regulations.

“The president said his policies were on the ballot, and the American people spoke up against them,” said incoming Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Kentucky Republican. “It’s time for more listening, and less job-destroying red tape. Easing the burden already created by EPA regulations will continue to be a priority for me in the new Congress.”

But environmental groups and the EPA argue the rule will actually help lower utility bills and help fight global warming.

“The good news is that we can afford to tackle the growing threat of climate change and, really, we can’t afford not to,” said Starla Yeh, a policy analyst at the Natural Resources Defense Council. “Doing the right thing will save money even as we protect our health, our communities and future generations.”

A more pressing EPA rule set to be finalized is the so-called coal ash rule for coal-fired power plants. A final rule will be issued by Dec. 19, and could be bad news for the power sector, which will bear the brunt of $20.3 billion in compliance costs.

But probably the most fought-over rules to be finalized by the EPA next year will be its redefining of the “Waters of the United States” under the Clean Water Act. The EPA will issue its redefinition next year, according to the agenda.

Federal lawmakers from both parties, along with companies from virtually every sector of the economy, have opposed the rule, saying it greatly expands the EPA’s power to regulate even small bodies of water on private property.

“The ‘waters of the U.S.’ rule may be one of the most significant private property grabs in U.S. history,” said Louisiana Republican Sen. David Vitter, adding “they want to take another step toward outright permitting authority over virtually any wet area in the country, while at the same time providing a new tool for environmental groups to sue private property owners.”

But the EPA says the rule is needed to clear up uncertainty over the EPA’s jurisdiction in the wake of two Supreme Court rulings. The EPA says “the decisions established important considerations for how those regulations should be interpreted” and that “[e]xperience implementing the regulations following the two court cases has identified several areas that could benefit from additional clarification through rulemaking.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mmm turkey, whats on the tube? Honestly, it's a F'ed up system if evey subject/voter has to be constantly vigilant to protect his rights.
    Last edited by Henry Rogue; 11-24-2014 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Punctuation
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Voting hard is not enough in cases like regulation. Nor is voting harder! We need to VOTE HARDERER!
    Last edited by phill4paul; 11-24-2014 at 01:17 PM.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Mmm turkey, whats on the tube? Honestly, it's a F'ed up system if evey subject/voter has to be constantly vigilant to protect his rights.

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood. - James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood. - James Madison
    That's a really good quote. Might have to stick that one in my pocket for future reference.
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

Peace.

I hope Lee does one of these every year he's in office.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&stream_ref=10

Behold my display of the 2013 Federal Register. It contains over 80,000 pages of new rules, regulations, and notices all written and passed by unelected bureaucrats. The small stack of papers on top of the display are the laws passed by elected members of Congress and signed into law by the president.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

It contains over 80,000 pages of new rules, regulations,
    That's just new rules.

I have a case onboard that is bigger than that, filled with all the rulebooks.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's just new rules.

I have a case onboard that is bigger than that, filled with all the rulebooks.
    The great thing about their system is...their gonna find something against you if you make a stink.

Comply or die. From a bullet or from a thousand paper cuts. Doesn't matter. As long as you bleed out.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The great thing about their system is...their gonna find something against you if you make a stink.

Comply or die. From a bullet or from a thousand paper cuts. Doesn't matter. As long as you bleed out.
    EXACTLY!

There is no way one can comply with all the rules and regulations, especially since many are in contradiction to each other.

So every day is just a tightrope walk across a vast chasm of infinite gloom, deciding which rules are going to be bent, broken or ignored today, so that I can get the job done.

EXACTLY!

There is no way one can comply with all the rules and regulations, especially since many are in contradiction to each other.

So every day is just a tightrope walk across a vast chasm of infinite gloom, deciding which rules are going to be bent, broken or ignored today, so that I can get the job done.
    One cop says "Put your hands in the air." The other cop says "Get on the ground." After you've bled out both cops say "He didn't listen to instructions."

Soyuz AmeriKa.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Yeah, don't be surprised to wake up tomorrow to find out it is illegal to breathe.

just what will save us from the big evil corporations - REGULATION woohoo, thank you government for protecting us from us.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2vote View Post
    just what will save us from the big evil corporations - REGULATION woohoo, thank you government for protecting us from us.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Yeah, don't be surprised to wake up tomorrow to find out it is illegal to breathe.
    Carbon tax.

Peace.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Carbon tax.
    Yup, be illegal to breathe without paying your carbon footprint tax, and submit to carbon footprint monitoring and surveillance.

This is outrageous. These regulations absolutely need to be voted on.

Let's make a petition to allow a referendum so that we can vote on a measure that would require voting on all regulations ---- and problem solved.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Your last ipetition isn't going so well:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/b...oney-boo-boo-2
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Your last ipetition isn't going so well:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/b...oney-boo-boo-2
    I do what I can. It's a lesser known issue that most people just aren't aware of. It took me a while to wake up, but now that I'm awake, I tell everyone I know about how important this is.
    - Kim Kardashian

This is outrageous. These regulations absolutely need to be voted on.

Let's make a petition to allow a referendum so that we can vote on a measure that would require voting on all regulations ---- and problem solved.
    WTF?! You never even gave us the chance to vote on whether to have a petition to allow a referendum to vote on a measure that would require voting.

I mean, what the hell, man? SMDH ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=229626

Obama is trying to make your light switch inoperative -- by killing the electricity at its source!

The Wednesday before Thanksgiving, the Environmental Protection Agency released a 626-page proposal (plus a 575-page appendix) to regulate ozone. Like so many other such rules, this one twists decades-old air pollution laws to restructure the U.S. energy industry and gradually ban fossil-fuel-fired power. Coal is the first target but natural gas is next.
    Yep.

The EPA's proposals would leave virtually all of the nation out of compliance with their re-written "rules"; a bastardized "interpretation" of an old law that was never contemplated when the law was written and passed.

Nonetheless, should the EPA succeed and the court challenges fail it would ban essentially all coal and natural-gas fired powerplants. Note that the latter make up nearly all of what are known as "peaking" plants and keep the lights on during periods of high demand.

The reason is that unlike baseload plants such as nuclear power a gas-fired turbine can be spun up quickly and respond to surge demand loads very quickly -- baseload plants cannot.

As a result these plants are a key component in keeping the power flowing during times of extraordinary demand -- such as during the mid-day heat of summer when everyone wants their air conditioner going.

Make sure you thank Obama for this -- after all, he did state that he wants electricity costs to rise dramatically, and yet he was not only elected with this on the table he was re-elected after making clear that this was his intention.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I need to save this one. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
    I need to save this one. Thanks.
    That's a good one.

When I was a kid, one often heard, 'Ignorance of the law is no excuse.' Today a large corporation tax lawyer has to hire a tax lawyer to help him do his personal taxes, because he barely has time to plow through the regulations he has to keep up with to do his job. Ignorance of the law has become unavoidable. No one reads that fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    That's a good one.

When I was a kid, one often heard, 'Ignorance of the law is no excuse.' Today a large corporation tax lawyer has to hire a tax lawyer to help him do his personal taxes, because he barely has time to plow through the regulations he has to keep up with to do his job. Ignorance of the law has become unavoidable. No one reads that fast.
    The enforcers don't know the law.

The SOP now is just beat you down, drag you off to jail and comb through the books, they'll find something on you.

That's why I just lose my religion when some idiot comes along and says: "well, I'm a law abiding citizen, I'm not doing anything wrong, I have nothing to hide...let them watch me."

Yes you are $#@!, it's just a matter of time, of watching long enough.

Three Felonies a Day.

Regulations withdrawn from effect:

Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast