Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama's Amnesty to cost $2 Trillion over the next 5 decades

Obama's Amnesty to cost $2 Trillion over the next 5 decades

http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/23/ob...-college-grad/

President Barack Obama’s amnesty for four million illegal immigrants will cost Americans about $2 trillion, or roughly $40 billion a year for the next five decades.

The cost of Obama’s generosity is equivalent to 30 cents extra for every gallon of gas bought by Americans.

Or a $10 monthly fee added to every cellphone.

Or a $22,000 tax on every American graduate’s four-year college degree.

The $2 trillion cost is driven by the federal government’s support for all poor people, says Robert Rector, a budget analyst at the Heritage Foundation. Rector explained that, on average, the illegal immigrants benefiting from the amnesty have a 10th grade education.

That low education ensures they can’t earn enough money, or pay enough taxes, to pay for the many benefits they’ll get if they progress from temporary residents to legal residents and then to citizens, Rector said.

These various benefits add up to roughly $50,000 a year for each household, but those households can and do pay only about $13,000 a year in federal taxes, leaving a gap of roughly $40,000 between payments and benefits, Rector said.

That gap is effectively filled by payments from intact, college-education households which normally pay $30,000 more in taxes than they receive in benefits. “It takes all of the net taxes paid by one college-educated family [household] to pay for one of these immigrant households,” he said.

Rector draws his estimate from a May 2013 analysis he completed for Heritage, which predicted a $6.3 trillion, 50-year cost if all 12 million illegals in the country were granted amnesty.

Currently, government spends roughly $50 billion a year supporting the children and families of illegal immigrants. Much of that costs consists of free schooling and medical care for the U.S.-born kids of illegals.

Obama’s plan will expand the spending, for example, by providing tax benefits, including Earned Income Tax Credit.

Two parents with three or more children would receive up to $6,143 in 2014 if they earn less than $46,997, according to the Internal Revenue Service’s EITC calculator. A family with two kids and an income of $20,000 would receive $14,590 in taxpayer funds this year alone from EITC.

Those benefits will gradually expand to include healthcare and retirement benefits, Rector said.

“It is completely implausible that the Obama administration plans to have people with legal status reside here for 30 years without medical care… They would incrementally gain access to all of the means-tested programs,” he said.

According to Rector, half the total cost of the amnesty will come due once the low-wage migrants get Green Cards and tap into Americans’ Social Security and Medicare funds. Americans with similar education get $3 back from Social Security for every $1 they pay in taxes.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stop giving away free stuff. Can't give away free stuff and then blame people for taking it.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

In B4 Zippy.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The good news is of course that 2 trillion is not much more than change, 5 decades from now. /s
    "I am a bird"

Government will expand due to Obama's royal edicts? Imagine that...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Report: Obama's Executive Amnesty Will Give Illegal Aliens Public Benefits

Illegal aliens who get President Barack Obama’s likely forthcoming executive amnesty will have immediate access to welfare and other public benefits, according to a new report from the Federation of American Immigration Reform (FAIR) exclusively provided to Breitbart News ahead of its public release shows.

“Obama’s executive amnesty isn’t only unconstitutional but costly; from day one it opens up federal and state benefits to individuals who are still illegal aliens, regardless of the label the President puts on them,” FAIR executive director Julie Kirchner told Breitbart News.
    More: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...care-and-More/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I think they should send the first bills to the open-border advocates on RPF, just so we can cut through the feel-good bull$#@! and drive home the fact that this is what many of us here were afraid of.

Flame away.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I think they should send the first bills to the open-border advocates on RPF, just so we can cut through the feel-good bull$#@! and drive home the fact that this is what many of us here were afraid of.

Flame away.
    My opposition to government give aways is the same regardless of which side of an imaginary line the recipient was born on. If, like me, you don't want to give away free stuff, stop giving away free stuff. As RON PAUL says, illegal immigrants are scapegoats. By picking sides you are playing into the hands of those who wish to keep the people divided against each other.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I dont see how the math can work. I read an article where if 5 million illegal immigrants were granted legal status, it would generate 160,000 new jobs. Well.. what about the other 4.8 million?

Also, how can it help us become free-er if the newcomers will most likely vote for our oppressors? If you think about it, millions of people are waking up and siding with Ron/Rand Paul and small government. All of a sudden, you have millions of new voters that will balance that out and vote for big government. It seems to me that they are a threat and an enemy to liberty and freedom in my opinion.
    Last edited by alucard13mm; 11-24-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    I dont see how the math can work. I read an article where if 5 million illegal immigrants were granted legal status, it would generate 160,000 new jobs. Well.. what about the other 4.8 million?

Also, how can it help us become free-er if the newcomers will most likely vote for our oppressors? If you think about it, millions of people are waking up and siding with Ron/Rand Paul and small government. All of a sudden, you have millions of new voters that will balance that out and vote for big government. It seems to me that they are a threat and an enemy to liberty and freedom in my opinion.
    I've got bad news for you: the VAST majority of Americans are already voting for the oppressors. You aren't going to change that by building a wall and denying people freedom of movement.

President Barack Obama’s amnesty for four million illegal immigrants will cost Americans about $2 trillion, or roughly $40 billion a year for the next five decades.
    They had to go out fifty years to try to get a scary enough number, eh? It is impossible to project costs of anything out fifty years.

Illegal immigrants are not eligible for welfare, foodstamps, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, or Obamacare. They aren't eligible to become citizens and can't vote either.

They aren't being given legal status or more rights- only as far as saying they won't be deported during the next two years if they apply and are approved.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-24-2014 at 04:52 PM.

If it were not for freebies; i.e., free medical care, free housing, free food, free college education, free telephone, free unemployment, free social security disability.................... they would not come, unless of course they were really interested in migrating to the U.S. to become a citizen. Believe me, this will cost us ... isn't Obama already spending $300. per day per child in Obamamotels for the last
    onslaught ?

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201..._per_chil.html

US spending $252 a day per child to care for young illegal immigrants, fourth military base now housing site

With communities across the country pushing back on plans to locate young illegal immigrants in their area, the federal government is looking towards military bases to house the thousands of children streaming across America's southwestern border.

The Department of Health and Human Services announced yesterday it was no longer considering a Federal Emergency Management Agency facility in Anniston as a temporary housing location for undocumented children. On the same day, the Department of Defense announced a fourth military base will be opened as a shelter site.

"It's the right thing to do," Army Col. Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman, said.

The Pentagon has offered Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington, according to a report in Military.com. The base is home to a former summer camp which may be used as a housing location for as many as 600 children.

"We have offered this up to the Department of Health and Human Services to house the children while the Justice Department decides their fate," Warren said. "Those kids need a place to sleep."

Fort Sill, Oklahoma, Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas and Naval Base Ventura County in Southern California are currently housing as many as 2,572 children. The Military.com report said HHS has leased housing on the three bases for 120 days with an option to renew if needed.

High cost of care

Figures from Customs and Border Protection show 52,193 unaccompanied children age 17 and below - the vast majority from Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras - have been apprehended at the southwestern border from last Oct. 1 through June 15. The cost for caring for the children is about $252 a day.

The total cost of care is expected to top $2 billion this year and will be covered through HHS.

"They're arriving exhausted and scared, in need of food and water," said CBP Commissioner R. Gil Kerlikowske. "Our agency and the Department of Homeland Security have mobilized to address this situation in a way consistent with our laws and our American values."

Kerlikowske said there have been more than 220 deaths along the southwest border this year, including 34 water-related deaths, or drownings.
    Last edited by Dianne; 11-24-2014 at 05:37 PM.

It seems to me that you don't know how voting rights work.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It seems to me that you don't know how voting rights work.
    TheCount, I believe you don't know how government works... That's ok with me if you volunteer 20 or 30% of your income as a donation to help illegals feed their families... But don't force it upon me or my family. I have a hard enough time feeding my own family, and I have more than a 10th grade education which is the maximum most of the illegals have. You donate your time, energy and money to raise these illegals from birth to grave ... For me ???? I want charity to start at home and will donate to help the 2 out of 10 children homeless in the U.S. before I extend to other third world nations.

I'm impressed that you were able to create so many straw men in such a short post.

Can you point out for me where I advocated any of that?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I have a hard enough time feeding my own family, and I have more than a 10th grade education which is the maximum most of the illegals have.
    Then...

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    Rector explained that, on average, the illegal immigrants benefiting from the amnesty have a 10th grade education.
    Maximum and average are not the same. Which is it? That said, I'm not sure what "maximum most" means. The average of the top 51% is certainly above 10th grade for any reasonable distribution. These nonsense numbers and projections are intended to confuse the populace. Mission accomplished, eh?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    If it were not for freebies; i.e., free medical care, free housing, free food, free college education, free telephone, free unemployment, free social security disability.................... they would not come, unless of course they were really interested in migrating to the U.S. to become a citizen.
    Since "illegals" aren't eligible for any of what you mentioned, they are coming for jobs.

2 trillion is being very conservative. This illegal amnesty will cost far more.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    I've got bad news for you: the VAST majority of Americans are already voting for the oppressors. You aren't going to change that by building a wall and denying people freedom of movement.
    You are right about most Americans already voting for the oppressors. But you are forgetting that in recent 5-10 years, a lot of people starting to join the "free" side. But introducing millions of new voters, most of whom will vote for oppressors will set us back.

Let's say we gained 3 million votes for freedom over the course of a few years.. all of a sudden, the system suddenly introduces 3 million new people who will most likely vote for oppressors.

Guess what? People like Amash, Massie, Rand Paul, Ron Paul will have a hell of a harder time getting into office or staying in office.

You are right about most Americans already voting for the oppressors. But you are forgetting that in recent 5-10 years, a lot of people starting to join the "free" side. But introducing millions of new voters, most of whom will vote for oppressors will set us back.

Let's say we gained 3 million votes for freedom over the course of a few years.. all of a sudden, the system suddenly introduces 3 million new people who will most likely vote for oppressors.

Guess what? People like Amash, Massie, Rand Paul, Ron Paul will have a hell of a harder time getting into office or staying in office.
    Pure speculation, but let's assume it is true.

The ROOT problem is the welfare state and the degenerate democracy that produced it. The solution is to eliminate that problem. But you are using existing tyranny as an excuse for another layer of tyranny. You are saying that the welfare state and unrestrained democracy justifies using violence to deprive people of their right to free trade and free association. Using existing tyranny as an excuse for MORE tyranny is going the wrong way. It is exactly what Ann Coulter is doing when she justifies the drug war because drug addicts get free health care and other government support. The solution is never more government.

But introducing millions of new voters, most of whom will vote for oppressors will set us back.
    Just an FYI: I live in Tucson so I know MANY Mexicans. In my experience they are not even slightly more inclined than Anglos to support our brutal and corrupt foreign policy, or the drug war, or limits on gun ownership, to name three pretty damn important issues. In fact, they are probably better on those issues than most Anglos.
    Last edited by Acala; 11-25-2014 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    Since "illegals" aren't eligible for any of what you mentioned, they are coming for jobs.
    Well their babies born here aren't illegal so they qualify for everything. That said, they are being driven here by the economic destruction that is NAFTA and the political destruction that is the war on drugs.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post
    2 trillion is being very conservative. This illegal amnesty will cost far more.
    I agree with you. That 2 trillion figure seems more likely in one decade, especially when we're already paying over $252. per day per person just to house them. Can you imagine, housing cost per year for just one illegal immigrant is $91,980. Then add government provided medical care, education, dental care. Our government is totally off their rockers, and completely out of control spending so much money on such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    They had to go out fifty years to try to get a scary enough number, eh? It is impossible to project costs of anything out fifty years.

Illegal immigrants are not eligible for welfare, foodstamps, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, or Obamacare. They aren't eligible to become citizens and can't vote either.

They aren't being given legal status or more rights- only as far as saying they won't be deported during the next two years if they apply and are approved.
    You didn't actually read or listen to Obama's speech did you? Nor are you familiar with immigration law are you?

First the speech.
    Now here is the thing. We expect people who live in this country to play by the rules. We expect those who cut the line will not be unfairly rewarded. So we’re going to offer the following deal: If you’ve with been in America more than five years. If you have children who are American citizens or illegal residents. If you register, pass a criminal background check and you’re willing to pay your fair share of taxes, you’ll be able to apply to stay in this country temporarily without fear of deportation. You can come out of the shadows and get right with the law. That’s what this deal is.

And...

Are we a nation that accepts the cruelty of ripping children from their parents’ arms, or are we a nation that values families and works together to keep them together? Are we a nation that educates the world’s best and brightest in our universities only to send them home to create businesses in countries that compete against us, or are we a nation that encourages them to stay and create jobs here, create businesses here, create industries right here in America? That’s what this debate is all about.

Illegal immigrants being sent home after being educated in our universities? Say it ain't so! Actually someone that fit into that category would qualify for H1B status. But back to your point about welfare. Now the law part.

The 1996 welfare law created two categories of immigrants for benefits eligibility purposes: “qualified” and “not qualified.” Contrary to what these names suggest, the law excluded most people in both groups from eligibility for many benefits, with a few exceptions. The qualified immigrant category includes:

Lawful permanent residents, or LPRs (persons with green cards).
    Refugees, persons granted asylum or withholding of deportation/removal, and conditional entrants.
    Persons granted parole by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for a period of at least one year.
    Cuban and Haitian entrants.
    Certain abused immigrants, their children, and/or their parents.[5]
    Certain victims of trafficking.[6]
    All other immigrants, including undocumented immigrants as well as many persons lawfully present in the U.S., are considered “not qualified.”[7]

In 2000, Congress established a new category of noncitizens, victims of trafficking, who are eligible for federal public benefits to the same extent as refugees, regardless of whether they have a “qualified” immigrant status.[8] In 2003, Congress clarified that “derivative beneficiaries” listed on trafficking victims’ visa applications (spouses and children of adult trafficking victims; spouses, children, parents, and minor siblings of child victims) also may secure federal benefits.[9]

So these people being "brought out of the shadows" will most likely fit into the "Persons granted parole by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for a period of at least one year" which means they will qualify to receive welfare benefits.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sigh. If one were to bother looking into this study they'd notice a few things such as:

(1) Most of the welfare consumed in illegal alien/mixed status households comes from child services such as education. These are benefits that would need to be granted to these children regardless. These children will increase their future earnings (and future contributions as taxpayers) through this increase in human capital. It is therefore incorrect to conclude these are costs; they're investments.

I'm personally skeptical about how much education is really an investment, and would prefer both a reform on how education is funded (i.e. vouchers) and operated. But that's a topic for another day.

(2) Heritage is using a static model. New illegal aliens have few skills, but if anyone bothered to look at those who had been here longer they'd notice that they have increased their human capital over time. Illegal aliens are not irrational; like any other population group they are increasing their human capital to increase their future wages. If you believe that they aren't, then I'd be interested in seeing you develop economics from scratch with irrational actors.

(3) Even if a legislative amnesty is passed, evidence from past amnesties show few will bother to become citizens. That is to say they won't receive welfare benefits. The Clinton era welfare reforms effectively barred most welfare from migrants - and certainly we could use further welfare reform. Furthermore this population has a lower life expectancy than the general population; i.e. they will die long before they can significantly draw from social security and other welfare programs for the elderly.

And one last tibit;

If you look at intra-USA migration patterns you will see the illegal alien population is disproportionately located in those states with the least welfare access (and higher economic activityactivity). If they are genuinely here for mythical welfare benefits, why aren't they all in California? Why is there a disproportionate amount of them in North Carolina and Texas? Neither state is exactly known for being generous in welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Well their babies born here aren't illegal so they qualify for everything. That said, they are being driven here by the economic destruction that is NAFTA and the political destruction that is the war on drugs.
    As I have previously posed to opponents of immigration, if you're so concerned about a growing population that will be granted welfare, why not support sterilization of existing American citizens? Their offspring will automatically receive the same benefits you're worried about but at a quicker pace and in higher numbers.

...why not support sterilization of existing American citizens?
    Let's start it and end it with you.

As soon as they get a green card, they are eligible for every give away program this country has to offer. And you are absolutely incorrect they are not eligible for some of the benefits now. School systems throughout the country have been forced to accept all the children that came over this summer, expand classroom sizes and hire spanish speaking teachers to accomodate them at a tremendous expense. Then tax payers are paying for their housing. Also, you missed the fact that 40% of those on Medicaid are illegal immigrants.

You need to do a little bit of reading, because you are completely uninformed and misguided. I am for people like youself donating your money to for housing, education and medical care. Handle this through charity, not executive order.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Just an FYI: I live in Tucson so I know MANY Mexicans. In my experieince they are not even slightly more inclined than Anglos to support our brutal and corrupt foreign policy, or the drug war, or limits on gun ownership, to name three pretty damn important issues. In fact, they are probably better on those issues than most Anglos.
    I've found Mexicans less likely to be bootlickers than whites as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast