Thread: Rand Paul Shows Early Strength in New Hampshire Poll

Rand Paul Shows Early Strength in New Hampshire Poll

Republican Rand Paul is showing early strength for a possible 2016 presidential bid in the first primary state, where a Bloomberg Politics/Saint Anselm New Hampshire Poll shows him running slightly ahead of more established names.

When 2012 Republican nominee Mitt Romney is removed from the mix, the Kentucky senator and New Jersey Governor Chris Christie share the top spot, with each drawing 16 percent support from likely Republican primary voters. Romney, who has repeatedly said he has no plans to run for president a third time, leads the potential pack with 30 percent when included.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...hampshire-poll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chris Christie? WTF has he ever done that would merit such a response? I just don't get it.

Mitt Romney takes lead in 2016 New Hampshire GOP primary poll

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Chris Christie? WTF has he ever done that would merit such a response? I just don't get it.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Right, how many times have people here distrusted the polls? It's only 2014 anyway.

Was Romney way out in the lead in 2010? Honestly curious who the polls told us was going to win and how well it matched the primary?

I know in the '08 cycle most people assumed it would be Guiliani.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Romney was definitely the presumed frontrunner going into 2011

I heard Christie is really big over there. He's just as huge when he's in other states too.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    Was Romney way out in the lead in 2010? Honestly curious who the polls told us was going to win and how well it matched the primary?

I know in the '08 cycle most people assumed it would be Guiliani.
    PPP poll from September 2010 had Romney at 41%, with Gingrich and Palin tied for 2nd at 12%.

The thing about Christie is; if he should choose to run "our" folk are just the types of trolls that could get him to completely loose his marbles in a public setting. Could be entertaining...

Romney is not foolish enough to attempt to run again. He'd lose in the general again, I know I wouldn't vote for him, I feel like they only add him in polls at this point to make it seem like Rand isn't gaining traction. Take Romney out, take Rick Perry, and Carson out and I'm feeling like it's a different make up of the polls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Prepare for the Randslide. I think we will see Rand leading everyone by at least 5 points in the RCP average one year from now.
    Last edited by Scrooge McDuck; 11-24-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The thing about Christie is; if he should choose to run "our" folk are just the types of trolls that could get him to completely loose his marbles in a public setting. Could be entertaining...
    LOL! I hadn't thought of that!

He'd crash and burn quickly, I think.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quote Originally Posted by philipped View Post
    Romney is not foolish enough to attempt to run again. He'd lose in the general again, I know I wouldn't vote for him, I feel like they only add him in polls at this point to make it seem like Rand isn't gaining traction. Take Romney out, take Rick Perry, and Carson out and I'm feeling like it's a different make up of the polls.
    It's one thing to keep running if you lose the primary again and again but's it's something else losing the general.

-virgil

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    It's one thing to keep running if you lose the primary again and again but's it's something else losing the general.

-virgil
    Yet there are idiot Republicans who believe he SHOULD run again! He couldn't beat second term disappointment Obama who was down 8M votes from his first run. (Actually I believe Romney had slightly less votes than McCain IIRC).

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2956841/posts

He's from the NE, which automatically puts him in contention there.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL. We should encourage Christie to run just for the entertainment value alone!
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by mwkaufman View Post
    PPP poll from September 2010 had Romney at 41%, with Gingrich and Palin tied for 2nd at 12%.

And Ron Paul, what? Tripled his poll from back then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    And Ron Paul, what? Tripled his poll from back then?

I completely agree but let's be smart about it this time. IF YOU WANNA TROLL CHRISTIE, put on a Mike Huckabee or Rubio shirt when you do it.

I don't think Christie will have a chance in IA. Isn't he pro-choice? And if he bombs in IA, it will affect his performance in NH.

I suppose the Carson guy will be used in place of Ted Cruz now to tey and split Rand's vote totals. He's free to do as he wishes but I seriously hope he reconsiders. Rand is truely the best shot at getting the most honest president this country has seen in more than 60-70 years or more. A person like him has to know this and him being involved only helps to ensure that does't happen so any time I see this kind of thing I always question their motive. The most logical guess would be he's on the payroll. Him trying to run as pure as Ron Paul in his own mind will not win him the nomination and this is not another educational election, Ron has done did all the educatinh now it's go time, so he's in there to serve one purpose not to get elected but to take away the support base of Ron Paul from his son and saddly I'm sure they'll be many, to many in fact that falls for the bs..

It is still a little early, but that doesn't mean the grassroots shouldn't begin working on the campaign before Rand even officially announces, that's how I see it. Let's honestly work to give him a slight upper hand as the new year starts. We can do our thing completely independent of the official campaign and then work to mold what they're looking for after it becomes established. Is this not an incorrect assumption to make especially in IA, NH, and SC? Then in my state, like FL specifically the position grassroots can take is to not knock Bush for being a loyal Team Red and being from this state but man show what Paul does to the GOP by bringing in new people, and having Democratic base members reconsider WITHOUT diluting or shifting like Romney did in 12 from NOW to the end of next year and I really think we can have this in the bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I don't think Christie will have a chance in IA. Isn't he pro-choice? And if he bombs in IA, it will affect his performance in NH.
    The only thing he did wrong was give tuition rates to illegals. The Texas tuition system is even more liberal than what Christie signed. Steve King and Gov Branstad are ordering Christie to veto a pig pen bill.

Christie will try to say Rand is the RINO
    Christie's first ad will be:

VS

BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.