Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferguson just got more complicated...

Ferguson just got more complicated...

Anonymous hackers to Ferguson police: ‘We are the law now’
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...we-are-the-la/

Two Twitter accounts belonging to the Ku Klux Klan have been taken over by the hacker collective known as Anonymous (logo pictured), after the white supremacist group threatened to use "lethal force" against looters and vandals in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson. (Twitter/Anonymous)

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/multi...#ixzz3JzJNVIWO
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Hackers with the group, Anonymous, sent a stark message to police in Ferguson, as well as to Ku Klux Klan members assembled at the scene, to be on guard — that any injuries to protesters will be duly noted.

“To the KKK and police: kkk-in-new-video-we-are-the-law-now/” target=”_blank”>Be peaceful or you will fee the consequences,” the hacking group said in a video reported by The Free Thought Project. “To the protesters: Do not be afraid. We are here for you and will protect and serve you. We are the law now.”

The video was actually a response to one sent out by Frank Ancona with the Traditionalist American Knights of the KKK that vowed to “hunt down” members of Anonymous, Raw Story reported.

In that video, the KKK warned the hackers: “You’ll be strung up next to the chimps. On display for the whole world to see. The Klan is to be feared, not threatened. Turn away or face the consequences.”

Anonymous and the KKK have been engaged in a public battle for some time. The hacking group took over the Klan’s Twitter account just recently, and revealed the names and addresses of KKK members living near Ferguson.

The hackers’ video then suggested the KKK refrain from aiding police with crowd control in Ferguson.

“If you attempt to aid the police, just know that there are more of us out there than there are of you,” the group said in its video, Raw Story reported. “But you will not know who we are. We are everywhere. We are among the protesters, and we are among you.”

and then there are the New Black Panthers, the FBI, DHS (at least 100 each), over 1,000 cops and the national guard...

-t

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I kinda don't really see what is the big deal about Ferguson... There are far worse cop on civilian crimes that are more clear cut. This case is too muddy and unclear to determine who is at fault.

This guy's life and/or death is inconsequential compared to deaths from drones, other cop on civilian killings and other events that kills $#@! ton of people.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    I kinda don't really see what is the big deal about Ferguson... There are far worse cop on civilian crimes that are more clear cut. This case is too muddy and unclear to determine who is at fault.

This guy's life and/or death is inconsequential compared to deaths from drones, other cop on civilian killings and other events that kills $#@! ton of people.
    Tell that to the face of these people....

Sounds like all the departments at the FBI are not communicating....
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post

Maybe because this community actually took a stand?

Also- all human life is precious- no loss is "inconsequential".
    Last edited by Ender; 11-24-2014 at 09:26 AM.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

Tell me why their loss is somehow worse than hers.

Their son robbed someone. He was jaywalking when he got accosted by the police. If everything else those who are against the police say is true, that still doesn't change the fact that he could have totally avoided the situation. Yet Miriam Carey didn't do anything wrong except make a wrong turn and then panic and as a result she was shot in the back of the head execution style and there will be no riots for her. Why not?

There will be no riots for this baby either.

Burned beyond recognition by a SWAT no knock raid. Why aren't people up in arms about that?

There were no riots for this man either.

See...here's the deal. The media picks and chooses what things to make an "issue". So do the fake civil rights husksters (Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson). If they picked cases o police brutality where the victim had a clean record to get upset over, the average white person might actually start giving a crap. But they pick people like Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown to highlight. Folks with questionable backgrounds so they bubous Americanus can say "Oh he brought it on himself." (Granted there are some idiots that say that about Kelly Thomas, but they're idiots and beyond hope.)
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

Their son robbed someone. He was jaywalking when he got accosted by the police. If everything else those who are against the police say is true, that still doesn't change the fact that he could have totally avoided the situation. Yet Miriam Carey didn't do anything wrong except make a wrong turn and then panic and as a result she was shot in the back of the head execution style and there will be no riots for her. Why not?

Burned beyond recognition by a SWAT no knock raid. Why aren't people up in arms about that?

See...here's the deal. The media picks and chooses what things to make an "issue". So do the fake civil rights husksters (Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson). If they picked cases o police brutality where the victim had a clean record to get upset over, the average white person might actually start giving a crap. But they pick people like Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown to highlight. Folks with questionable backgrounds so they bubous Americanus can say "Oh he brought it on himself." (Granted there are some idiots that say that about Kelly Thomas, but they're idiots and beyond hope.)
    See..here's the deal. No taking of a life is inconsequential to those that love them. That was my point. My only point.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

Here's the thing. If (and I realize this is a big if) Brown was actually being arrested for a real crime such as burglary, and if he did in fact try to pull a weapon on the police officer, I wouldn't blame Wilson for doing whatever he had to do to protect himself.

Mind you, I don't like police, but theft is not a victimless crime.

I don't know exactly what happened, which is why I haven't been commenting.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Agreed. I think its purposeful that they pick the questionable backgrounds, actually. Call me a "conspiracy theorist" but that definitely makes things easier for the "pro-cop" people.

Did Michael Brown need to die? Did Trayvon Martin? I'm going to be honest and say I don't know. I'm not saying it can't be known, just that I am not currently informed of all the facts. I remember it seemed to me at the time that George Zimmerman was innocent, at least in so far as I think there was definitely reasonable doubt.

Wilson, as a cop, is on the wrong side, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was wrong here either. It depends on the facts.

On the other hand, I have no idea how anyone could defend the death of Kelly Thomas, or the baby who got grenaded... which is why they don't talk about those...
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Here's the thing. If (and I realize this is a big if) Brown was actually being arrested for a real crime such as burglary, and if he did in fact try to pull a weapon on the police officer, I wouldn't blame Wilson for doing whatever he had to do to protect himself.

Here's the thing. I was only pointing out that the death of a parents child is hardly "inconsequential." For whatever reason.

I think it would probably be a good time for you to catch up on this case. Brown never had, nor was ever accused, of having a gun.

The Michael Brown case, just as the Trayvon Martin case before this, is not being played out as one of excessive police force against the general population....something we see every day in topics on this board.

It's being played out as excessive force by a white officer on a black victim...the media are playing the race card, deliberately playing emotions to get whites to take the side of the police officer in the case. As I see it, whites and blacks alike are falling for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    As I see it, whites and blacks alike are falling for it.
    The proverbial fiddles......

Brown was not being arrested. Brown was not accused of burglary until well after his death. Brown did not have a weapon to pull?

Where are you getting this BS from??
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

And that's the whole point, isn't it? The ones that get blown all out of proportion, eat up multiple news cycles over and over and over again, and trigger riots and looting and such are all vague and ambiguous.

the obvious ones don't get the attention, don't get the news cycles, and don't get the riots.

I don't necessarily know that it is intentional insofar as "making the police lives easier" but it MUST be intentional at least insofar as they feel they can make a larger profit off of the ambiguous ones. It's too obvious to NOT be intentional at least in one respect or another.

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    Brown was not being arrested. Brown was not accused of burglary until well after his death. Brown did not have a weapon to pull?

IIRC, some of the evidence eventually released in the case has indicated that the cop had communicated with the dispatcher about the strong arm incident before he saw him in the street. Part of his defense, of course.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    Some people won't get that, but I did. Today's KKK and "Anonymous" are probably both FBI operations.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I don't necessarily know that it is intentional insofar as "making the police lives easier" but it MUST be intentional at least insofar as they feel they can make a larger profit off of the ambiguous ones. It's too obvious to NOT be intentional at least in one respect or another.
    Divide, distract, demonize.

Standard Marxist tactic, and the media is now dominated by those from the Marxist tradition. A case like this serves a dual purpose. It helps rating because it is sensational and they can draw it out for so long, and then there is the political tactic of divide and conquer.

There was a time in the past where they would be interested in making this about the Police or military (go back to the 60s), but now it just needs to be racial. They hold the reins of power now, so the Police will not be highlighted too much. Like the military, the Police are useful to those in power. Kissinger famously summarized that mindset with his quote "dumb, stupid animals to be used". Miriam Carey serves as another example. That case was so close to the seat of power that no criticism of the Praetorian guard was uttered.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Some people won't get that, but I did. Today's KKK and "Anonymous" are probably both FBI operations.
    And the KKK plays perfectly into the divide, distract and demonize narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Imagine what will be their reaction if US Congress gave standing ovasion to the cop who killed their son?
    I'm well aware.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    And that's the whole point, isn't it? The ones that get blown all out of proportion, eat up multiple news cycles over and over and over again, and trigger riots and looting and such are all vague and ambiguous.

the obvious ones don't get the attention, don't get the news cycles, and don't get the riots.

^This. It seems like a reverse of Rosa Parks. MLK picked Rosa Parks to sit down on the bus because she didn't have a questionable background. And she made sure not to do anything that would make her arrest questionable. But it seems that the media purposefully makes issues over cases were people will argue about. That way half of the country is defending the police state while the other half is temporarily against it.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Actually the officer was aware of the robbery (not burglary) and very possibly saw the cigar box. Plus Brown and his buddy were jaywalking and bringing attention to themselves. And you're a prick for giving me a neg rep for daring to care about Miriam Carey, a baby that got flash banged, and Kelly Thomas. All of those stories were more worthy of coverage than Mike Brown. When Carey was shot she had stopped driving and the cops had enough control over the situation to pull her baby out before shooting her in the back of the head. I agree that the media isn't going to pay attention. That's my point. She, the baby and Kelly Thomas did nothing wrong. The media has chosen to ignore those stories. A neg rep back at you.

Last edited by jmdrake; 11-24-2014 at 03:18 PM.

And you're a prick for giving me a neg rep... A neg rep back act you.
    Wahhhh wahhhh Not a neg rep!

Read what I said in my rep comment. I didn't say she deserved to die. I said that you are never going to get traction by bringing it up, because the video of the incident that was played far and wide appears so damning. She did not deserve to die, but it's a lot harder to convince people of that when there's video of what looks like her trying to run down cops in her car. It's a Sisyphean issue; we have to pick our battles.

For example, the media did NOT ignore the baby flash bang story:
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...renade-n119046
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/07/us/geo...no-indictment/
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/30...id-in-georgia/

We, as a country/movement, failed to keep up the momentum behind it. You want people protesting and getting attention? That's on us. You want confrontations with police in order to get FURTHER attention? That's on us too. For some reason this movement would rather protect crotchety cattle ranchers than protest for little kids.

CNN didn't just "decide" to cover ferguson; they followed the ratings, IE, money. People were ALL OVER social media with "Hands Up Don't Shoot" and "Justice for Mike Brown". Protesters and progressive activists got in their cars, loaded into buses, and WENT there. People with an agenda in mind (most positive, some not) made this a national news story. This movement needs to figure out how to do THAT, and it simply won't happen in Miriam's case, sadly.

I let go of the law,
    I let go of economics,
    I let go of religion,

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wahhhh wahhhh Not a neg rep!
    Whatever dude. I called you out on the neg rep because it was a cowardly move. If you wanted to say something negative about what I posted you could have just said it here in the thread. Neg reps like the one you gave are for cowards who want to throw rocks and hide their hands.

Read what I said in my rep comment. I didn't say she deserved to die.
    I read it. I didn't say you said she deserved to die. This is what you said.

No one is going to pick up on the Miriam Carey thing. She looked like she was trying to run people over. Even if she wasn't, it looked close enough that there is never going to be steam behind that one.

And ^that is bull$#@!. I watched the video. She did not look like she was trying to run anybody over. It wasn't "close enough" for anything. She looked like she was trying to drive away, not run anyone over. And when they murdered her in cold blood the car was stopped and they pulled the baby out of the car first meaning they had complete control over the entire situation!

I said that you are never going to get traction by bringing it up, because the video of the incident that was played far and wide appears so damning.
    Except it's not at all damning. And the video of Mike Brown beating up the store clerk has been played or and over again.

She did not deserve to die, but it's a lot harder to convince people of that when there's video of what looks like her trying to run down cops in her car. It's a Sisyphean issue; we have to pick our battles.
    "We" who? Pick your own battle I'll pick mine thank you very much. If you want to get in the race baiting BS bandwaggon that is the Mike Brown circus go right ahead. Nobody is stopping you. But Miriam Carey was killed after the car was stopped. The video of the witness saying that has been "played all over". However because Obama is a black president and the media is behind him the full truth of the story hasn't been pushed.

Okay. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING? I posted a link to the story myself so I'm not claiming it wasn't reported at all. The fact that witnesses heard bombs going off on 9/11 was "reported", but it was ignored as in it didn't become part of the 24 hour "We'll talk about it over and over again until everybody knows about it" news cycle. That is what I mean by "ignored". Let me know when the flashbang kid is on the cover of Time and Newsweek. Let me know when it's blowing up twitter and Facebook and everybody is talking about it because the media has made sure this kid's name is a household word.

We, as a country/movement, failed to keep up the momentum behind it. You want people protesting and getting attention? That's on us. You want confrontations with police in order to get FURTHER attention? That's on us too. For some reason this movement would rather protect crotchety cattle ranchers than protest for little kids.
    That's why I'm bringing it up! That's why I and others are bringing up Miriam Carey. And rather than taking the time to push past your own ignorance about that story, you want to come down on those trying to get the truth out about it.

CNN didn't just "decide" to cover ferguson; they followed the ratings, IE, money. People were ALL OVER social media with "Hands Up Don't Shoot" and "Justice for Mike Brown". Protesters and progressive activists got in their cars, loaded into buses, and WENT there. People with an agenda in mind (most positive, some not) made this a national news story. This movement needs to figure out how to do THAT, and it simply won't happen in Miriam's case, sadly.
    Well it certainly won't happen if people like yourself don't educate yourself about what happened with Miriam Carey nor will it happen if you waste the energy of those of us being productive regarding Carey or the flash bang kid or Kelly Thomas by having to argue with you about stupid stuff. And for the record one of the main people pushing the Mike Brown story is Al Sharpton and he works for CNN. If you think this was just a case of "It got a lot of Twitter hits" you're kidding yourself.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 11-24-2014 at 05:00 PM.

More or Carey.

Looked like she was trying to run cops over my ass! And note the witness on CNN saying the baby was pulled out before the cops shot her. That's enough for Al Sharpton to go to town if he actually cared about black people.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    Or, it's a skit. Will there be dancing?

Whatever dude. I called you out on the neg rep because it was a cowardly move.
    I thought rep comments were a way of communicating with one user in particular without having to change/derail an ongoing discussion. That is what I attempted to do, as you were already in the process of derailing the discussion. If I had slashed your tires or firebombed your house, yeah, cowardly move. All I did was send you a text based message over the internet that has zero intrinsic value outside the words themselves (which you saw fit to bring up and then repost, further derailing the discussion). Maybe I've been misunderstanding the point of the rep system, and maybe my actions actually pushed pins into a voodoo doll of you somewhere that I was unaware of. If so, I apologize.

"We" who? Pick your own battle I'll pick mine thank you very much.
    We as in the (rather disorganized, by design) movement that spawned out of the Ron Paul campaigns.

If you choose this battle, more power to you. Make a thread about it; this one isn't. I think what happened to Miriam Carey is a disgrace that SHOULD have outraged the nation. It didn't. It won't. I hope I'm wrong and you somehow change that, but I'll direct my efforts elsewhere. The Michael Brown fallout, for example, which has done a GREAT deal to raise awareness about police overreach and brutality, from both the shooting itself to the protests afterwards.

Note: The video you (reposted) is exactly what I'm talking about. There are officers on/near/around/in front of her car when she peels out to get away. Her instinct to do so is understandable, especially given the outcome, but that shot (no pun intended) alone is going to put an end to most discussions for most people. As it already has, sadly.
    Last edited by jonhowe; 11-24-2014 at 05:11 PM.

I let go of the law,
    I let go of economics,
    I let go of religion,

We as in the (rather disorganized, by design) movement that spawned out of the Ron Paul campaigns.
    Actually, I'm damned organized if'n I do say so myself.

I thought rep comments were a way of communicating with one user in particular without having to change/derail an ongoing discussion.
    That's what a PM is for.

That is what I attempted to do, as you were already in the process of derailing the discussion.
    I haven't "derailed" jack. I'm making a valid point about the discussion and that is that the media, including their part time commentator / part time "activists" types like Al Sharpton, are picking and choosing the cases of police brutality with the least sympathetic victims to highlight.

Note: The video you (reposted) is exactly what I'm talking about. There are officers on/near/around/in front of her car when she peels out to get away. Her instinct to do so is understandable, especially given the outcome, but that shot (no pun intended) alone is going to put an end to most discussions for most people. As it already has, sadly.
    Peel off? Or you nuts? This is someone peeling off.

Anyone with half a brain could tell she was simply trying to get away and that the cops were trying to block her exit. Besides they didn't shoot while her car was moving towards them. Further the fact that she was shot after they had control of the situation is enough to negate such a piss poor misreading of the video. Most people don't know she was killed after she was stopped and the cops were able to go into her car and pull the baby out. But hey, if a video showing the victim in a negative light is enough to "end most discussions for most people" then.....

Last edited by jmdrake; 11-24-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast