Thread: Homemade Kahlua

Homemade Kahlua

Suzanimal's Super Easy Kahlua
    (not really my recipe but I've tried several and prefer this one)

1 12 cup pot of very strong coffee (you can use a flavored coffee for something different)
    2 lbs light brown sugar (you can use dark, that's good too)
    4-6 tablespoons vanilla extract
    1/5th of Everclear

In a large pot, heat coffee and slowly stir in sugar.
    Let cool to room temperature and add the vanilla and Everclear.

You can go ahead and drink it but I like to let it sit for a week.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 11-23-2014 at 06:47 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ah, vanilla. Would have missed that. The other ingredients were obvious. I'd use a good quality vodka instead of Everclear though.

Had some Kahlua drinks with mild jalapeno fudge for dessert the other night.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Ah, vanilla. Would have missed that. The other ingredients were obvious. I'd use a good quality vodka instead of Everclear though.

Had some Kahlua drinks with mild jalapeno fudge for dessert the other night.
    I've seen vodka recipes but I've never tried one.

This recipe was by request, btw. Don't worry, I'm not going to start posting my recipes.

Is this what you meant by tough mudder?
    To the person who left me this ^^^ rep comment - Har-Har, no but I might invent a drink with it called a Tough Mudder.

how much is a "pot" of coffee? ie: how many cups?

edit: and thanks!

Sorry, 12 cup pot.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    how much is a "pot" of coffee? ie: how many cups?

edit: and thanks!

Kahlua was the main ingredient in a drink I used to make for the ladies back in the day. It was called "Dr. <lastname>'s Topical White Root Oil." Good times...

Mudslide...Yum.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Suzanimal's Super Easy Kahlua
    (not really my recipe but I've tried several and prefer this one)

1 12 cup pot of very strong coffee (you can use a flavored coffee for something different)
    2 lbs light brown sugar (you can use dark, that's good too)
    4-6 tablespoons vanilla extract
    1/5th of Everclear

In a large pot, heat coffee and slowly stir in sugar.
    Let cool to room temperature and add the vanilla and Everclear.

You can go ahead and drink it but I like to let it sit for a week.
    Enjoy!
    That's the recipe I found online, can't try it until I get to the store to buy Everclear. Haven't had that since high school.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Mudslide...Yum.
    Only shot I can do.

And that's just because when it gets stopped by the throat (like they all inevitably do) it doesn't make me spit it out or puke!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

I will have to try this. My father made his with Vodka. But I don't have the recipe.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    That's the recipe I found online, can't try it until I get to the store to buy Everclear. Haven't had that since high school.
    Hee Hee, never give up high school booze, it keeps you humble.

It's the best one out there. I've had this recipe for ages, it was printed in the Atlanta Journal back in the 1990's. Some are too complicated and the vanilla bean recipes take too long to taste right.

I used to save Grolsch bottles at the bar and refill them with this for Christmas gifts. I might go back to doing that, cookies are too much work and not nearly as much fun to make.

Hee Hee, never give up high school booze, it keeps you humble.

It's the best one out there. I've had this recipe for ages, it was printed in the Atlanta Journal back in the 1990's. Some are too complicated and the vanilla bean recipes take too long to taste right.

I used to save Grolsch bottles at the bar and refill them with this for Christmas gifts. I might go back to doing that, cookies are too much work and not nearly as much fun to make.

That's a really good idea. For my side of the family anyways.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    That's a really good idea. For my side of the family anyways.
    Clearly, your side of the family is the kool kids club. Mine too, my husband's siblings and spouses are not only Democrats but $#@!s, as well.

Clearly, your side of the family is the kool kids club. Mine too, my husband's siblings and spouses are not only Democrats but $#@!s, as well.
    The husband's side are Baptist, pseudo-conservatives, mine are mostly Catholic conservative Democrats. My side is very outspoken and bluntly honest, his side--strangely very politically correct. "Strangely" all of the grandchildren are atheists on his side.

It was weird for him at first, but when we visited my family and my aunt asked him what he wanted to drink and offered beer, wine or a mixed drink--he was taken aback. But now he just likes that he can have a beer if he wants, and if he swears nobody bats an eye. I do have a couple of loose cannons in the family though.

Makes things far more interesting and comfortable.

Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I need to run the math to scale down the Kahlua recipe(s) for a series of varied 4-cup pot experimental tests.

Everclear proof: 151 or 190?
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 12-02-2014 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    I need to run the math to scale down the Kahlua recipe(s) for a series of varied 4-cup pot experimental tests.

Everclear proof: 151 or 190?

https://www.google.com/search?source...%20190%20proof

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post

Those look dangerous - shared so I could have recipe.

Ah, the furniture stripper/paint remover, gotcha, thanks.