Thread: Time: Men Who Don’t Sit and Cross their Legs are “Manifestation of Patriarchal Privilege”

Time: Men Who Don’t Sit and Cross their Legs are “Manifestation of Patriarchal Privilege”

http://thepunditpress.com/2014/11/23...hal-privilege/

Quote Originally Posted by Pundit Press
    Time Magazine has declared that men who are able to sit and not cross their legs are a “manifestation of patriarchal privilege.”

In an article called, “‘Man Spreaders,’ There’s No Excuse for Not Closing Your Legs on the Subway,” Time’s Etiquette section slammed men who do not sit with their legs together. But more than it being impolite and against etiquette, there is a much bigger problem with men like this: they are proliferating “the patriarchy.”

The article explains that men sitting with their legs apart “is the most visual manifestation of patriarchal privilege and that is why it is especially angering.”

...The author, Brian Moylan, then states that people don’t like men with their legs apart because “everyone” thinks of the oppression of women: “It says to everyone, “I find this comfortable and I am a man so my comfort comes before all else in this entire universe and especially you.” That’s why people hate this.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well I don't think I needed another reason for sitting with my legs uncrossed, but I appreciate them giving me one.

Someone has way too much time on their hands and spends an inordinate amount of time analyzing strangers by their crotch.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

I'd like to smash Brian's face for being a $#@!.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Brian Moylan seems to have a fixation on other mens' balls.

What the $#@! is wrong with people? This is just retarded. Who thinks of this $#@!? Seriously.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

If New York City is such a wonderful place, as I've heard said so often, because there are so many wonderful things to do there, why is it that from Seinfeld to this to about everything else I've seen from there in the last eighty years they all seem to spend all their time dreaming up more and more reasons to hate and despise each other?

I haven't wasted a minute of my day in that pursuit down here in Oklahoma...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

I'm outraged over the obvious racism of the author.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    What the $#@! is wrong with people? This is just retarded. Who thinks of this $#@!? Seriously.
    Owe you some rep when I get off the mobile.

Agree 1,000%. WTF indeed. I might - might - entertain such thoughts while I'm out clearing brush out back, but then I'd probably just laugh and get back to thinking about what I'm going to plant in the spring.

SMGDH.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Is this what life is about when you are a product of Manhattan previlege?
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    My balls r too big.
    #WINNING!

they should be glad im even dressed

U SQUAT WHEN U PEE!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Well I don't think I needed another reason for sitting with my legs uncrossed, but I appreciate them giving me one.
    That.

Hadn't really thought about much, but now, well, count on it every time I sit down.

I always sit with my legs crossed. Well...most of the time. Hm. It's just more comfortable to me. Scwewy...

It's very strange to witness how the obsession over minuscule details has resonance across the culture. WTF is happening to us. Are these ideas "popular" simply because they are so outrageous? It seems like a lot of people have a strong desire to be the ultimate hero of the day -- The Victim -- regardless of the trumped up trifles and mental gymnastics it takes to get there.

This particular case is still not quite as crazy as the movement to force men sit down to pee. Sweden and Taiwan had politicians who actually wanted to legislate that policy.

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    It's very strange to witness how the obsession over minuscule details has resonance across the culture. WTF is happening to us. Are these ideas "popular" simply because they are so outrageous? It seems like a lot of people have a strong desire to be the ultimate hero of the day -- The Victim -- regardless of the trumped up trifles and mental gymnastics it takes to get there.

This particular case is still not quite as crazy as the movement to force men sit down to pee. Sweden and Taiwan had politicians who actually wanted to legislate that policy.
    Decadence.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Carolina

It's very strange to witness how the obsession over minuscule details has resonance across the culture. WTF is happening to us. Are these ideas "popular" simply because they are so outrageous? It seems like a lot of people have a strong desire to be the ultimate hero of the day -- The Victim -- regardless of the trumped up trifles and mental gymnastics ti takes to get there.
    The fact that they can turn anything into an issue shows how much power they have over the culture. And they will have thousands of sheep lined up to defend them too.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

You can still sit with your legs "together" without having to actually cross them. No one crosses their legs on the subway, it's harder to balance that way with the subway car constantly starting and stopping. I just keep my legs in front of me. Guys who spread their legs wide though, I find that to be annoying and stupid.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Less than a decade away from yet another "offence" that is worthy of a thumping and revenue generation for the state.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

This "writer" spun the story to get a visceral reaction, and hence, an audience.

The MTA (subway bureaucrats) is undertaking a campaign to get people to consolidate space while riding, which is pretty much an ongoing issue for everything in New York. People spreading out is a way to claim your space in a cramped city. NYC residents do it in all kinds of ways, including using your belongings (e.g., suitcase or backpack) to create space between you and the sardine next to you.

A bigger issue than tall guys spreading their knees is an ever increasing fat population. I lived in NYC in the 1990s. I think the trains were made in the 1970s-1980s, and they're still used today. The seats are the same size today, but waistlines keep expanding.

So, the writer of the story took a very mundane subway campaign and added colorful language. He highly exaggerated a single aspect to get exactly the emotional response--and audience--that he wants. He still sounds like a fairy feminist, but he does know how to manipulate a reaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

So look ladies; I really love you women, but can you please practice a little public etiquette? Elevators aren't the most comfortable of spaces, but please stop using your matriarchal privilege at the expense of everyone else. We all know that childbirth causes your hips to part like the red sea, but do you really have to eat mounds of chocolate and pie to exacerbate your generous girth? Rubbing your hip bone close to my privates is a little disconcerting.

Can you very ample, but of course, delicate ladies also be careful when you turn in such a cramped space like an elevator? The considerable breast is certainly one of God's greatest creations, but brushing your oh-so-fleshy substance into my arm upon turning sometimes throws me for a loop. I very much appreciate the gesture, but sometimes I am thinking about my upcoming meeting.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    So look ladies; I really love you women, but can you please practice a little public etiquette? Elevators aren't the most comfortable of spaces, but please stop using your matriarchal privilege at the expense of everyone else. We all know that childbirth causes your hips to part like the red sea, but do you really have to eat mounds of chocolate and pie to exacerbate your generous girth? Rubbing your hip bone close to my privates is a little disconcerting.

Can you very ample, but of course, delicate ladies also be careful when you turn in such a cramped space like an elevator? The considerable breast is certainly one of God's greatest creations, but brushing your oh-so-fleshy substance into my arm upon turning sometimes throws me for a loop. I very much appreciate the gesture, but sometimes I am thinking about my upcoming meeting.
    I agree.

I sit in the aisle seat a lot on airplanes. Those gals wake me up.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

More people. We need more people.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Now I have a mental image of the author of this article being in a subway, seeing some guy with his legs spread too far apart, going up to him and smashing his knees together. what the...
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The "men" who cross their legs are probably sitzpinklers too

I Are these ideas "popular" simply because they are so outrageous
    They are "popular" because there's a whole lotta money behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Now I have a mental image of the author of this article being in a subway, seeing some guy with his legs spread too far apart, going up to him and smashing his knees together. what the...
    Somebody that makes these types of complaints such as the author of this piece don't have the balls to try a stunt like that.

Next up: Brian Moylan's gender-archic analysis of the sociological implications of "going commando" ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

thats so patriarchal! he should hide those cheek pads

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...